BIOC Feedback Hub

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
biocsplattersymbol.png

Hello guys!

Welcome to the new BIOC Feedback Hub, as launched on February 23rd after community members recommended us to do something like this! In this thread, you can discuss maps that were tested in a BIOC lobby that you attended. The host will provide a post with a list of maps that were played with a few minor additions such as a short description, after which you may leave your thoughts and suggestions on the map(s) of your choice. Feel free to discuss anything with each other as that is what this thread is meant for.

Now go and share that lovely feedback!

On behalf of BIOC,
REM​

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lobby Archive

BIOC Lobby - "Tell It to the Frogs - Testing Lobby"
Sunday, February 23, 2014
Host
: REMkings
Link to feedback post

BIOC Lobby - "Days Gone Bye"
Saturday, March 1, 2014
Host
Link to feedback post

BIOC Lobby - "Judge, Jury, Executioner"
Sunday, March 9, 2014
Host
Link to feedback post

BIOC Lobby - "Bring a flashlight it might get dark"
Saturday, March 10, 2014
Host
: Vientus
Link to feedback post

BIOC Lobby: "Where'd the lights go... did you bring extra batteries?"
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Host
Link to feedback post

BIOC Lobbies - "Vatos"
& "Cherokee Rose"
Sunday, April 7, 2014
& Saturday, May 3, 2014
Host
Link to feedback post

BIOC Lobby - "Return of the REM"
Saturday, July 13, 2014
Host
Link to feedback post

BIOC Lobby - "Guts"
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Host
Link to feedback post

Links
Official BIOC Home Page
Official YouTube Channel
Official BIOC Map Submission Thead
Official BIOC Map Database
Official BIOC Feedback Hub

Last edited:

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
BIOC Lobby - "Tell It to the Frogs - Testing Lobby"
Sunday 23 February, 2014
Host: REMkings

Played maps:

1. Percy (Percy? Never heard of him...)by El Trocity and REMkings (TEST 1)
Gametype: Yours Truly, the Darkness
Description: Linear Flood map, set underwater, features light areas that need be reached

2. The Cold White Chorus by REMkings
Gametype: The U.E. 1/2 Experience
Description: Linear Flood map, features a hospital with a dropdown from an elevator shaft

3. Percy (Let's Meet Mr Percy) by El Trocity and REMkings (TEST 2)
Description: See number 1, but this time with updated teleporter timers

4. Alkaline City by Orzium
Gametype: Braindead
Description: Linear Flood map, features a hanger holdout followed by an urban environment

5. Industry by Shadow KryPTiiC
Gametype: Fall Back
Description: Linear Flood map, features an industrial terrain with a Mantis in the second holdout area

6. (It Came From) The S-Bend! by Flying Shoe ILR and Psychoduck
Gametype: It Came From
Description: Linear Flood map, features an urban environment whereby humans spawn on top of a ship

7. 'Wickery Farm' by CommanderColson
Gametype: Plague
Description: Humans started out inside of a plane, before dropping down onto an isolated farm

Attendants:
-Orzium-, AlexJ189, bailey sawle, Charles Stoot, ConnorT29, Elliot, greenh2, kevk2, MMedina000, Narlsson, Psychoduck, REMkings, Screech, Shadow KryPTiiC, spartandude, XZXPaRaLyZeDXZX, Z3MAST3R, Oasis Hurler, CommanderColson

Attendants, please leave your feedback on the maps! The host will provide his feedback after one of you has replied to this thread.

Reactions: Zandril
Feb 25, 2013
Percy: I thought it went we'll, cannot think of a lot of problems right now would have to play it.
The cold white corus: I already told you what you needed to change.
Alkaline city: change up the amount of zombie entrances and play with the layout
Industry: mine :)
S bend: I liked it, but you need to make it harder on the humans and give them more pressure.
Wickery farm: try to make it easier to go through the doors and make the farm not so open

-Orzium-

Distinguished
PERCY- Taking into consideration the difficulty of the gameplay, I loved this map. The gameplay was both exciting and competitive in a way which you don't see on most flood maps. The idea of the light providing radar for the humans was a great idea and works perfectly for the map as the map is incredibly dark. The main issue I had with the map was was the poor visibility to see edges and cliffs on the map. Natural items look great but if you use (man-made) ideas in the forge and place them near some of the cliffs, this will eliminate the amount of people who just aimlessly walk to their death. OVERALL A UNIQUE AND COMPETITIVE MAP IN A WAY :)
THE COLD WHITE CHORUS-
I found this map more generic compared to "Percy", but with saying that, the gameplay in my eyes was even for both humans and flood which I did really enjoy. Neat aesthetics where placed into the map and overall the look of the map was brilliant. The biggest issue I had with the map was the dropping down create in the elevator. As a flood I got stuck between the wall under the entrance at the bottom and the large crate and there was no way of getting out of the hole. I am aware this map was inspired by the "Walking Dead I believe", but the getting through the whole map and then ending up in a vehicle at the end was a bit poor in my eyes. I think your last stage should be more enticing for humans in order for them to want to get to the end of the linear flood map. OVERALL A FAST-PACED LINEAR FLOOD MAP WITH GREAT ZOMBIE ENTRANCES :)
ALKALINE CITY-
My map, and I have written down all the comments from the lobby. OVERALL THE MAP HAS POTENTIAL BUT NEEDS SERIOUS WORK :)
INDUSTRY-
I would say this map of all maps tested, was the most polished. I really loved all stages including the last which in my eyes is brilliant, the idea of zombies dropping for super extreme heights just makes that last hold out perfect. I was a bit iffy about the mantas on the second stage but when the flood slash it, the mantas can't stomp making it not as powerful as in competitive maps. The only problem I encountered on the map was that the mantas spawned like just below the zombie spawn, this has been used smartly but in my eyes it doesn't work. If a player is lucky enough to get in the mantas, keeping in mind both the mantas only being at that stage as well as the no stopping, I think it should be placed in an easier safer place to get into (Is a bit hard to explain). OVERALL A UNIQUE MAP WITH INTERESTING ZOMBIE ENTRANCES AND A FRIKIN MANTAS :)
THE S-BEND-
I couldn't believe the size of this map, You have used your budget extremely well. Each and every holding place is unique and they all flow together extremely well. Like my map you had a shit time as a zombie as they where farmed constantly, maybe bring some of the zombie spawns closer to the humans at some places on the map but not all of them. I understand the idea of gameplay comes before aesthetics, but the map has no life, everything is grey like Zandril's map (city Of Grey). If I was you and especially because natural pieces are cheap ($10), place some rocks and trees into the map, which will achieve a real looking place. OVERALL THIS MAP WAS UNIQUE AND I LOVE THE IMPLEMENTATION OF A WARTHOG :)
WICKERY FARM-
I was frikin zombie every round on this map, it was bullshit. Just based of the plane area, I think the zombies should be able to approach the humans from through the windows. Make some of the flood spawns out on the wings which would creat a more enjoyable expereince for all players. OVERALL A GENERIC MAP BUT I LOVE THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE HUGH FREE FALL OUT OF THE PLANE :)

Thank-you Rem, for a great lobby, looking forward to playing your next linear flood custom lobby :)
Orzi OUT!!!

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Percy: I'm still working on getting a feel for this map. It's a unique concept to be sure. The map is punishing to players who don't work with their team similar to S Bend. It's good to see an infection map designed with a zombie experience in mind. Be sure that all deathpits are clearly marked, as the murkiness of the map has made several of them difficult to see. It would also be great if the bridge wasn't so treacherous given that it's crossed right after a fairly difficult holdout. Punishing players for missteps is great, but I felt that it was a bit too easy to fall off the bridge when being pursued by zombies given the tendency of the pallets to be destroyed from under you. I need to play this more before giving more feedback. i wouldn't want to jump the gun and say anything stupid because of a failure to fully understand the map on my part.

Alkaline City: This map is the perfect example of a map where design has taken the backseat to aesthetics and theme. It's also an example of the tendency of infection forgers to forget that they should be designing not only for humans, but for zombies as well. The map is downright gorgeous, with some serious attention to detail, despite the decrepit city being a rather overdone theme in infection maps. However, it became quite obvious from the start that the map was not designed with the zombie experience in mind. As a zombie, there were no options but to throw yourself at the humans and hope that, through piling enough bodies on them, you would eventually get a kill. Not only were the zombies funneled through incredibly linear routes, they were also cut down by a huge assortment of weapons. The humans had access to numerous machine gun turrets (which respawned, I might add), SAWs, Sticky Detonators (which could be planted at teleporters to instantly kill zombies using them), and more. Reducing the amount of weapons available to the humans will go a long way towards improving this map, but the real problem is a fundamental flaw in the design process. Zombies are players too, and they need options available to them. I'd love to see the map redesigned with the zombie experience in mind. Until then, you have a great looking map which does not play well.

Industry: Similar to Percy, I felt that i had less of an understanding of this map by the end. As a result, I don't have too much feedback to give for this one. There seemed to be a decent amount of options available to zombies, and the balance of the map seemed to trend pretty well through the five or so rounds we played. I will say that i found the Mantis to be an odd choice, but if it works, it works.

S Bend: I must confess that i was again disappointed by the feedback I received on this map. The failure of players to watch trends between the rounds and the tendency of players to jump on single situations instead of watching the trends resulted in useless feedback. As was explained before the lobby, it is very important to infect players right off the bat as a zombie. Otherwise, it will be very difficult. This map was designed with a zombie experience in mind, so zombies are punished for playing mindlessly. The zombies are presented with a wide variety of options, and it is the inability of zombie players to play intelligently and not a lack of options that led to human victories. This is, effectively, a competitive map. Mistakes will be punished. I'm not claiming that the balance is perfect on the map yet, but it has been clear from watching rends across multiple games that the balance is not far out of tune. If you're getting slaughtered as a zombie on this map, it is a direct result of your own failures. The most important one of these I saw was failing to infect a human at the initial encounter, but there were others as well. It's understandable that players had difficulty understanding this, the map requires zombies to be slow and thoughtful rather than to try to rush humans like many maps do.

Wickery Farm: I was only present for the first half of this game, so I have no feedback on things like balance trends. However, numerous other problems became rather apparent from my time playing. The part of the map taking place aboard the plane was awful. A linear corridor which acts as a funnel such as this does not allow for any strategy. There were no options, and zombies were encouraged to do nothing but rush the humans. The farm had rather the opposite problem. The area was huge, open, and flat. If this were a competitive map, I would comment on how open the sightlines were as a result and all that. However, this flatness will have different effects in an infection setting. Players will be encouraged to hide in the buildings, and the lack of connectivity between them will merely result in stale gameplay. The flatness also keeps players from feeling immersed in the experience due to how unnatural it feels on a subconscious level. You can balance both of these types of encounters, but even when balanced they will play poorly.

Anyways, i really enjoyed playing in this lobby. The maps were fun for the most part, and I look forward to seeing how some of them evolve through testing in the future. Hopefully this thread will give you guys more encouragement to think about design on these maps and provide more thoughtful and detailed experience as a result.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
The Cold White Chorus
I thought this map had a lot of issues, which I'll be sure to address next time I'll be working on it in Forge. I quickly found that humans were in no way sticking together like I intended to make happen, because they were not forced to do such thing due to the map's mechanics. For instance, being able to knock in that barricade made out of crates yourself allowed egocentric humans to already move ahead to the holdout, whilst the turret carrying guys were still struggling to even make it to the door. Furthermore, the elevator crate was broken, but I should be able to fix that using a one-way shield like you guys suggested. I'm not satisfied with the section between the elevator shaft and the tank either: I'm going to make some big changes and see how it turns out in my next test. Overall, I'm glad that some of the things I tried going for did actually already come into frame, which is certainly a relief.

Percy
I'll cover just the second game on Percy, seeing how it already countered some of the issues found in the first test such as the teleporter spawn timers. First of all, I was really happy with the way the zombie attacks now occurred because the removal of sprint forced them to be much more tactical, and it also made for a more organized and therefore more thrilling experience from the humans' point of view. The bridge was an issue, I will change it into something broader. If I have any money left, I might actually add some invisible barriers in the areas where humans are not supposed to drop down, and I will definitely try and add some aesthetically pleasing yet obvious clue to where the humans should enter the forest and leave the mountain road. A finally issue that might pop up is the confusion after people have reached the city, because the few times it happened I saw people wondering around not knowing where to go. However, this usually happened after the group got thinned out because a couple of the few humans left died too after falling into the water, so I'll have to test it again with the new bridge in order to be able to tell if this needs to be addressed.

Alkaline City
The urban theme may be overdone, but it was still well executed. The final area, with the barriers and all stacked on the freeway, and the little shops on the side of the road made for a cool vibe. The biggest issue at this point is the lack of options for the zombies, and I think this map could be so much better if only the zombies had more options. I'll get you that version of mine by the end of this week to show you how you could alter this into a more favourable balance between humans and zombies. Like I said, I have some easy fixes in mind that will make it a much much better experience balance-wise, but also MUCH more fun and tactical for the zombies in general. I can't really go about explaining it, I'll just have to show you Orzium. But that comes next Friday. I guess that again, you could just compare it to what I did with Favela Vengeance (although I have no intention to brag).

Industry
I liked this map a lot. In the beginning area, I felt the zombies were a bit restricted in their options because they could only run towards the zombies in a linear direction. The fact that the area was quite cluttered with crates and other cover objects prevent the first phase from being a slaughter fest, but I still felt that the zombies were highly limited in their moveability. Maybe give them a side path, something like a shelf or ledge on the left (as viewed by the zombies spawn area). It might make for a bit less of a mindless experience from a zombie's perspective. What I liked about the second area was the semi-hidden sniper rifle, as well as the applying of the natural environments of Erosion to make for natural sightline blockers. Having a zombie teleporter really high up in the air in the third phase was a very good thing as well, because it automatically gives the zombies movement advantages over the group of survivors down below, who in turn have weapons to shoot at them. More tests on this map would be necessary though in order for me to make up my mind about the map as a whole: I like the idea of adding in a Mantis but it would be hard to balance. So far, I didn't experience enough gameplay to say anything worthwile.

S-Bend
Unlike some of the players, I did not feel that zombies had too hard of a time to infect players. The fact that I was able to assassinate a human in the back of the pack made it only the more easy for me to gain victory with my fellow Flood players. I think you guys did a great job of achieving that rooftop feel too, it's ridiculous to say that the map is lacking in terms of a theme to be honest. I also enjoyed the fact that this one palisade with the crate on one side for zombies to jump on top of (I hope you know which one I'm talking about, it's in the first phase) isn't actually very easy for humans to climb on, because it makes for scary moments seeing how every now and then a zombie will jump over and attack you by surprise - but if you do manage to get on top of it, it allows you a good position to counter the attacks from that direction. This rewards skilful players to apply their jumping skills and give the group of survivors a slight extra advantage. Not sure if you guys did this on purpose, but it's a cool and competitive little thing I found while playing.
The rocket launcher hidden in the bathroom is a fun Risk vs Reward, but I never needed to grab it because this far into the map, I usually knew I could just go and rock my shotgun/assault rifle combo anyway because of the open nature of the last area. I know a rocket launcher is usually a great weapon in Flood and I know lots of people would still try and grab it, but for me personally there wasn't really a tendency to go after it, because it's put so far into the map anyway that you're not really willing to risk your life for it unless you absolutely need to. I don't know if this is an issue with the map though, it's just something that came to mind after I had played the map. I'll see if I'm in more of a need to seize it next time I get a go with this map.

Wickery Farm
Whilst I like the idea of spawning inside of a plane and dropping out to land in the abandoned countryside, I think it was poorly executed. The first area was a living hell for zombies, because they had in no way a chance of actually killing a human. This could be fixed by either having two floors on the plane instead of just one, or having two lanes that the zombies could walk/run through instead of just one as of now. Both ways around you'll be dividing the humans into two groups of players who must guide both paths if they want to progress any further into the map. Having zombies sneak through the windows could also work, though it would again be forcing them into doing something without having too many options, since the windows are so small. If you combine this with the multiple pathways though, I think it could work. The farm itside was pretty boring because of the reasons Psychoduck already pointed out. After escaping the plane, you were pretty much guaranteed to survive unless you did something stupid. But that's just how I felt after this one game: I'd need to play the map more often before I could really give you any proper feedback on the farm.

Favela Vengeance
Perfect map, don't change anything about it mr. creator. ;)

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
BIOC Lobby - "Days Gone Bye"
Saturday March 1, 2014
Host

Played maps:

1. Percy (Let's Meet Mr Percy.) by El Trocity and REMkings
Description: Linear Flood map, set underwater, features light areas that need be reached

2. Alkaline City V2 by Orzium
Description: Linear Flood map, features a hanger holdout followed by an urban environment

3. City of Grey by Zandril S312
Description: Linear Flood map, features an urban environment with a Warthog phase at the very end

(More maps were scheduled but were not played due to the early loss of players, unfortunately.)

Attendants:
-Orzium-, Auburn, General Sarbina, HAL0 M4N, qp China qp, REMkings, Shadow KryPTiiC, STEELGREEN03, xXKrispyKremeXx, Zandril, Charles Stoot, Darkrain491, Sgt x Slaphead, AwesomeTiger267, HardcoreTots, epichair212

Attendants, please leave your feedback on the maps! The host will provide his feedback after one of you has replied to this thread.

Last edited:

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Percy

I really enjoyed the spooky feeling this map gave. It's a very difficult map but is possible through good teamwork. Unfortunately, the players in the lobby weren't communicating very well. I think what may be part of the reason of the map being difficult is the lack of aim assist. It really killing the zombies harder than it already is. REM, maybe you can talk to Cashew about updating the gametype? It may just be me. Nevertheless, this is a great map that I'd be very open to playing again.

Alkaline City

This map has improved a lot since it's first version. It's much more enjoyable to be a zombie because they now have more options. I remember a round where something broke. I don't remember what the cause of this was but you should still look into it, Orzium. Other than that, the map was a lot of fun.

City of Grey

Sadly, my map was a little broken when we played it. I'll be cheking the last door to make sure that it spawns this time, I'll aslo be using delayed senders instead because the orbs weren't spawning which caused things to get confusing for the Flood. I'll also edit the second phase because the ground floor was completely untouched.

-Orzium-

Distinguished
Thanks again Rem for great but short lobby. Sorry that I had to leave so early, the lobby did start at 1am in the morning but even later because we didn't start on time.

Percy- This map has evolved brilliantly since last weeks test... It playing smoothly and extremely well. Again I think that you need like street cones near the end in the first area just to show where the edge is. Apart from that the ending has been fixed up and I enjoyed playing on the map.

Alkaline City- The changes that Rem implemented are great. This is my map!! :)

City Of Grey- This new version is absolutely brilliant compared to the first version. I love the warthog part as well as the ring at the end before safe room. With saying that I think the safe room needs to be more enticing for the humans. There is just a turret it needs some serious power weapons. The other 2 negative things you have already fixed up (2nd stages bottom level as well as the teleporter things) Overall I like where this map is progressing.

Short and sweet review... Hope to see you guys in the next lobby!! :)
Orzi Out

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
As promised, here's mine:

Percy
I felt the rounds ended fairly quickly, due to a lack of cooperation amongst the humans. This is okay though, it's meant to be a challenging map and I don't think it caused people to have less of a good time. I'd like to point out that I personally don't feel the lack of aim assist to be an annoying factor, as it makes the map all the more scarier and harder - which are two things we heavily aimed for during the design.

Alkaline City V2
This time things went much, much better than my first test on the map. Without having to cut too many aesthetics, you've been able to really turn this map into something much more worthwhile from a zombie's perspective as well. The rounds were intense, and other than a few small little errors, this map is really far on the way of becoming something great already.

City of Grey
The Warthog phase was sooo much more fun than it used to be when you had the train track. I'm really glad with this change, it involves you much more within the environment and theme of the map. I felt the second phase still had some gameplay issues but since you updated it, I'll be glad to check out the new version in my lobby this Sunday.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
BIOC Lobby - "Judge, Jury, Executioner"
Saturday March 9, 2014
Host

Played maps:

1. Alkaline City by Orzium

2. The Cold White Chorus by REMkings
Description:Linear Flood map, set in a hospital

3. Percy by El Trocity & REMkings

5. City of Grey by Zandril S312
Gametype: The Forsaken
Description: Linear Flood map, features an urban environment with a Warthog phase at the very end

4. Industry by Shadow KryPTiiC
Description: Linear Flood map on Erosion, features a Mantis in the second phase

6. Botany by Not Auburn
Gametype: Contaminated
Description: Linear Flood map with invisible, green glowing zombies, set in some sort of nuclear Research Facility

(More maps were scheduled but were not played due to the unexpected leave that the host had to take. My sincere apologies go to the people that were unable to test their maps for that reason.)

Attendants:
@-Orzium-, @00A, @ANGELXZONE, @Auburn, @Charles Stoot, @Elliot, @Livven, @Matt18, @MMedina000, @NamedCrawdad, @Nobelnaga, @Phenomenal 3D, @REMkings, @Shadow KryPTiiC, @shaudy430, @SOLIDSNAKEee, @spartandude, @Stupid, @TKRooster, @xXKrispyKremeXx,

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
It came to my attention that there was something going wrong with the tagging on HaloCustoms, so I'll try again in this post.

Attendants:
-Orzium-, 00A, ANGELXZONE, Auburn, Charles Stoot, Elliot, Livven, Matt18, MMedina000, NamedCrawdad, Nobelnaga, Phenomenal 3D, REMkings, Shadow KryPTiiC, shaudy430, SOLIDSNAKEee, spartandude, Stupid, TKRooster, xXKrispyKremeXx,

(See the post above this one for a list of the maps.)

Last edited:
BIOC Lobby - "Bring a flashlight it might get dark"
Saturday March 10, 2014
Host

Played maps:
1. Terra Luminous - Terra Luminous
Description: Dead space remake, with free roam flood.

2. Cabin FeverMothman
Description: Free roam/hide underwater map.

3. Wolfram AsylumHivemind
Description: An abandoned asylum with a graveyard or two outside on Forge Island.

4. City of Gray 2.5The Forsaken
Description: Linear flood map with a city feel and use of a warthog.

5. Intensive CareHivemind
Description: A Hospital with crazy aesthetics.

6. Rust 1.2 Last Stand
Description: Longbow like base on erosion. Great balance of aesthetics allowing for clean gameplay.

(More maps were scheduled but were not played due to the early loss of players.)

Attendants:
Andrew Olson, Charles Stoot, HAL0 M4N, MMedina000, STEELGREEN03, The 0micron, theshadowdb, Zandril

Attendants, please leave your feedback on the maps! The host will provide his feedback after one of you has replied to this thread. Sorry for the delay.

Last edited:
Terra Luminous - Terra Luminous
Having never played Dead Space, I cannot comment on how well of a remake this is or what exactly the map is going for. As a whole the map looked good and made great use of the tin cups as arrows something I had not really seen before. (I suspect this is due to their forge cost) The combination of great aesthetics and use of arrows made it appear to me (when I was in forge it checking out) that this map was going to offer some quality game play. However once we loaded it up and played it, it fell flat.

Starting as a human, things are for the most part clear and can be figured out pretty easy. As flood however this is not the case. While flood receiver nodes have been placed to prevent camping, they position flood in locations that do not yield a clear path as to how to move around the ship. For example if you come out at the top of the ship, and the humans are at the very bottom, it’s a struggle to find the lift to get down to them. As a flood I felt like I was always spawning up top and spinning around trying to find an exit.

The biggest challenge I saw to gameplay was the fact that because the map uses one sender and multiple receiver nodes for flood, more often than not flood are spawned in the furthest locations instead of more randomize. (As I suspect the author hoped for) As a result humans who hold the bottom of the ship force the flood to spawn in up top and even though there are nodes for the flood to flank the humans. They are never used do to the teleporters “spawn” system. (This being that if the game can spawn in flood in a safer place it will)

My biggest suggestion to help solve the human “camping” use more than one sender node and cut the channels down to half and half. This will force the game to spawn in flood in more ideal locations for gameplay. To solve the map movement problem, I can’t really help you there. I feel my suggestions on map improvement or changes would not work with the idea of a remake. This is where having never played dead space does harm me. My suggestion would be to push for an all aesthetics map or work largely on fixing game play and cut some aesthetics. What’s important? Was the map made for game play or looks? I would recommend choosing one approach, don’t think both can be achieved without a hug overhaul to the map.

Cabin FeverMothman
With this map I could not figure out if it was a free roam map or a slender mini game. I was somewhat disappointed with it. Game play proved to be very slow until four or five people became infected. (This usually occurring in the last two minutes of gameplay) I would have liked to see more defined holdout locations, but if it’s a slender game than this is not needed. In all honesty I have no idea what gameplay style is being pushed for which is problematic. I would recommend at least two starting flood to help speed up gameplay if nothing else.

Wolfram AsylumHivemind
I know this map was released a long time ago and at this point I highly doubt any changes will be made to it. Gameplay is not too bad, the only problem is that humans are encouraged more to play outside the house than inside of it. I would encourage one more spawn location outside for flood to push humans back inside. That being said, this map was made to be a Halloween download so I don’t think any changes are really practical. The map has already done what it was intended to do. Map looked great just could have played a little bit better.

City of Gray 2.5The Forsaken
I really liked this map; I think the changes that have been made right along have been great. Really my only suggestion would be to cut the one way shield door, and make the game only three rounds not five. I know that Zandril was saying that he felt game play might still be too hard for the humans but I enjoyed not all ways being able to make it to the end. If getting players to the third room is the goal you could cut a few seconds on door two, which could help humans but as a whole I think gameplays great.

Intensive CareHivemind
Intensive care really suffers from a lack of holdout locations and flood flanks, while there are three to four locations they all force flood through one door or route, and these locations feel like they are on top of one another. I would really like to see more dynamic flood game play. At least one flank on every hold out point would be nice, at the moment flood get funneled all the time. As a result gameplay is simply not enjoyable. I felt like I was playing flood on Halo 2’s Foundation…

Rust 1.2Last Stand
Rust was by far the gem of the night. While we only had seven people to play on it the map looks like it has crazy potential for a last stand map. It felt like a mix of the Alpha base on exile and the Charley base on longbow. Aesthetics are clean while still offering great gameplay. I felt like the map might be slightly too big, but this is most likely do to the lack of players. I would recommend playing this with a lobby of 12.

If anyone would like more feedback or has questions feel free to message me.
-Vent

Last edited:

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Vientus, by double posting you kind of made this:

redundant. But whatever. :p