Contest Caption Contest #12

Good evening my most forgiest of fellows! As we see the bright light at the end of the tunnel of Halo 4, I come to bring you one last happy memory of times past. This will be the last Caption Contest until The Master Chief Collection comes out and I can build up some more awesome stuff to use, as my chest of hilarious things is getting a bit empty. This week we travel back to one of my first maps on Halo 4 to witness the most accidental and amazing man cannon in Halo history. Enjoy the flippiness to your heart's content.

Good luck, and happy captioning!

Rules:

1. Please submit text comments only as captions for the image above.

2. Submit only your best caption, only one caption will be accepted per user.

3. Submissions will be judged by a panel of staff based on how funny or fitting they are.

The results will be posted the following week, and the winner will receive a Contest Winner trophy. Good luck and happy captioning!

"
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
Insanity
Is
Doing the exact
Same fucking thing
Over and Over again,
Expecting shit to change.
"

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy
(Some of this will go over people's heads if they don't follow, or really know about the X Games too well, but it made sense to me)

There's legend that ever since the X Games cancelled most of their best trick events due to safety reasons, and with the popular rise in eSports these days, the people that run the X Games had found an opportunity to combine the two...the above video is rumored to be from a secret test held a couple years ago, with unknown people attempting a new, safer alternative to these best trick events in Halo, with a working event name. Appropriately this event has a working title of Mongoose X Best Trick.

There's also a rumor that there's some funky virtual reality stuff going on that the X Games worked with 343 to create, and that Travis Pastrana is actually driving the Mongoose in these test videos. It would make sense, because with the amount of time that would take to make the VR system, 343 never had the time to create a better net code for Halo 4. This in turn, would also explain why Mongoose Best Trick never actually happened in the X Games...every time the next competitor would enter the game, the game would black screen. There are no plans to retry creating the event in the MCC.

It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time, It's Tricky...it's Tricky (Tricky) Tricky (Tricky)

The winner of the 12th Halocustoms Caption Contest is BlazeDillon! This pretty accurately sums up how such a thing came to pass.

"I don't always drink beer but when I do" I make sure halo is in my xbox.

Thanks to all who have participated the past few months! The Caption Contest will be taking a break for a while, as I've hit the bottom of the tank on funny images and I feel that just posting more warthog jumps would be spinning my wheels. ;) Once we are well into MCC and the flow of custom games has refueled me a bit you can expect to see a return however! Until then, stay classy HC. :cool:

Last edited:
The winner of the 12th Halocustoms Caption Contest is BlazeDillon! This pretty accurately sums up how such a thing came to pass.

Thanks to all who have participated the past few months! The Caption Contest will be taking a break for a while, as I've hit the bottom of the tank on funny images and I feel that just posting more warthog jumps would be spinning my wheels. ;) Once we are well into MCC and the flow of custom games has refueled me a bit you can expect to see a return however! Until then, stay classy HC. :cool:

Haha, awesome. I was going to edit the picture for it but actually forgot I submit that.