Community Poll: Circles or Squares? Oh And Some Other Stuff

Which setup would you prefer best?

• Square avatars; Fixed NavBar (stays put at the top of the forum)

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Square avatars; Sticky NavBar (moves with you as you scroll down)

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Rounded avatars; Fixed NavBar (stays put at the top of the forum)

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Rounded avatars; Sticky NavBar (moves with you as you scroll down)

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
front-page-official-news-png.10654

Hello there! If you've been a part of HaloCustoms for more than 3 days, you'll have noticed a few small changes around the forums. Granted, it's no forum overhaul, but the changes are still worthy of discussion. And since there are mixed feelings aplenty regarding these changes, we figured we should get everyone in on the decision-making process. :)
So yea, there are only two main changes:
  • Change Number One - previously, the Navigation Bar at the top of the forum would move with you as you scroll down the page. But it's also been causing some issues on the mobile version, and some members complained about it always being in the way. So, we're trying out the "Fixed" NavBar right now, where it stays put at the top of the forum. Which do you prefer? Oh, and if you don't know what I mean by "NavBar," it's this:

ava3.png

• Change Number Two is plain and simple. The circle avatars of old have been replaced by the cutting-edge new square avatars. Which do you like better? Do you like 'em curvy? Or do you think circles are for squares?

If you need a reference, here are some pretty sreenshots for you, highlighted in red:
    ava1.png
    ava2.png

Again, this is entirely up to you guys. We'll leave this poll up for two weeks, and whichever option has the most votes at the end of it, that's what we'll go with! If you have any questions be sure to leave a comment. And uh, yea, that's about it. Ok byeeeee.

Reactions: H2AK0N
I'm not particular about either shaped avatar personally. Just so long as PNG avatars actually remain PNGs, Auburn is happy.

Fixed navigation bar for sure, though.

Reactions: Tedium
Squares with rounded edges please. Actual squares are dumb and look too sharp and pointy, and you risk losing parts of an image with a circle.

If the nav bar is stickied, will the HC title and logo come with it?

Reactions: Player
I would rather it remain the way it is now. Square avatars are cool and the sticky nav bar destroys the experience of the site on mobile for me as it keeps automatically scrolling the page everywhere when I use it and it's nearly impossible to browse the site sometimes.