Deals Deals with Gold: September 29th

front-page-new-deals-with-gold-png.15243

Day late, Dollar short. If that statement doesn't mean anything to you, this post was meant to appear yesterday. Let's just say I kinda spent the entire of yesterday evening watching a pre-launch stream of a non-Halo title that I'm personally excited for. I know that's a terrible excuse, but I'm sticking with it.

One could say that my sudden 'laziness' could be a part of a theme. You may have noticed that my name has changed to "Badderrson" over the last few days, I assure you for my sake that it's only temporary. Experienced HC users might have already cottoned on to why it has changed at such a time, but if you're left wondering we have some Spooky goings on around here to explain tomorrow. So stay tuned for that.

Back on topic with Deals with Gold this week there are a wide array of titles on both platforms.

On Xbox One this week however I'll be recommending the Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass at 40% off. Forza DLC for newer titles doesn't tend to go on sale often and who doesn't like having more cars to tour Europe in a ludicrously flamboyant fashion? If you enjoy racing games Horizon 2 is a pretty fun title, so if you don't already have it, why not find a used copy to play until the release of Halo 5 in just 27 MORE SLEEPS!! I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.

Over on 360 at first I thought it would be difficult to find a recommendation this week, but then I noticed that Skate 3 was on sale and who doesn't love that glitch-ridden bug-fest? Seriously the game has the worlds most wacky physics and is a 'Hoot'. At 50% off the game has been cheaper in the past and will likely be cheaper again. But if you're looking for something fun to play on the 360 now, you can't go too far wrong with Skate 3.

As per the usual, you can find all of this week's deals for both platforms below;

Toy Soldiers.png
MKX.png
Dying Light.png

But wait there's more! The end of the month is upon us, which means it's time for announcement of next month's Games with Gold titles. If you didn't know them already.

gwgSep15.png

The games on offer for Xbox Live Gold subscribers next month are as follows;

Xbox One
Xbox 360

BUT wait, there's even more?!?

Yes for all you cool kids out there that have scrolled through all this I have some additional news and potentially an offer you might be interested in.

But first the news. Major Nelson announced today that 12 person party chat is now available on Xbox One and Windows 10 and you don't even have to update your console or be in the preview program to access it. Isn't that neat? He also goes on to list a few cool new features of the 'New Xbox One Experience'. If you want to swat up on this, you can find his blog post on this info here.

If you live in the US of A there is a compelling offer available for you on the brand new Halo 5 limited edition Xbox One controllers courtesy of Gamestop.

GamestopHaloPad.png

Put simply, Trade in your old Xbox One controller before October 25th at your local Gamestop and you'll be able to pick up a shiny new Chief of Locke controller for just $34.99 (50% off RRP) These are the new style of Xbone controllers with the built in stereo headset adapter and improved bumper buttons also. Great for all you Bumper Jumpers out there. If you would like to pick one of these new pads up, it's worth noting that while this offer is live right now the Halo controllers are not available until October 10th. I really wish a comparable offer was available for me in the UK as I want me some of that smexy chief controller on the cheap, but such is life.

That's all for this week, check back next Tuesday* for next week's deals. If you decided to pick any of these titles up or wish to discuss what's on offer further, please feel free to do so in the remainder of this thread below. :)

*Assuming I'm not a BK and forget to do it again due to the release of Rock Band 4

Well this is a disappointing month. But it's free so I can't really complain too much. Has anyone here played Valiant Hearts and The Walking Dead? Are they worth downloading?

Well this is a disappointing month. But it's free so I can't really complain too much. Has anyone here played Valiant Hearts and The Walking Dead? Are they worth downloading?

Ehh, it depends. Keep in mind, the Telltale edition of The Walking Dead isn't your "traditional" zombie game. Its choice-driven story takes precedence over the hack-n-slash gameplay that you would expect in a game like Dying Light (which happens to be on sale this month, too). I liked the game personally, but it really just depends on what you want out of a zombie game.

I have yet to download Valiant Hearts myself, but I've heard veeery good things about that game.