Lobby Recap Elliot's BIOC Lobby - Recap (15 April)

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
Thanks for coming guys! It was great to get so many maps tested. The maps we tested tonight were...

Flood Survival on The Infection Part I: Ambushed

Free Roam Flood on Drillsite

No Safe Place on Home on a Bayou

Hungry Deciples on Our Daily Bread

Infection on Evacuation

Reactions: Weslg96

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
Flood Survival on The Infection Part I: Ambushed by Weslg96

This was a great start considering Linear progression Flood is very difficult to forge. I did however have some problems. First, the lift doesn't work too well. The pallets aren't needed, just spawn the actual lift later in the game. Plus, I don't think a trait zone is needed, I imagine the lift could be pulled off without one. Next, the corridor following on from the lift is way too thin. The Flood are sitting ducks as they come out the lift into such a cramped space. It was way to easy to hold them off as a human. The last problem I had was with the Flood spawning. The Flood spawn too far away so there isn't a constant flow to keep the humans on their toes.

Despite these problems, it is a really good start. You did say your were going to be rebuilding parts of it. That is a good idea to save budget. Keep up the good work!

Free Roam Flood on Drillsite by Paints

Drillsite is a great map, Paints. As I have told you before. Minimal work is needed to be honest. We can discuss over Forge maybe.

No Safe Place on Home on a Bayou by Shadow KryPTiiC

This is an awesome map man! You have made great use of the inside of the Island pulling off a great atmosphere. I think that one of the buildings was a little over powered. Proven by most players venturing to it, I think it should be opened up a little to allow the rest of the map to get used more. I think that overall, the buildings need to be used more. You could do a few things. Either add more LoS blockers/cover to the outside areas, add respawning ammo in the building and/or enable the buildings to be barricaded up. Its a really promising start, I would love to see this get featured by THFE.

Hungry Deciples on Our Daily Bread by El Trocity

Mah map :)

Infection on Evacuation by nightkill3r117

There are a few things that I think need changing; there is way too many objects on the map. I had quite a lot of frame rate drops that hindered gameplay quite a bit. Also, one of the Flood spawns led me to fall out of the map. It was one where I spawned quite high up. It took quite a while to find my way back in so it definitely needs fixing. Good start though, the Warthog gameplay was fun and there were plenty of places to hold out in.

Feb 25, 2013
Thanks Elliot :) Can I send you a friend request and can you maybe help me fix up the map? It would be much appreciated. Once again thanks for the feedback, its really helpful :)

Weslg96

Master
Feb 20, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. This map has been a huge pain ever since I started testing it and I've have been constantly trying to fix it. I now have a clear list of what to change and rebuild on the map.:)

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
Thanks for the feedback. This map has been a huge pain ever since I started testing it and I've have been constantly trying to fix it. I now have a clear list of what to change and rebuild on the map.:)
No problem, I hope it all goes well. We could test the map with the changes in my next lobby if you like? Check out our Front Page in the Sponsored Groups forum.