News HC Weekly Recap: July 21st 2015

eBSQsJp.png

It's that wonderful time of the week again, people. It's Tuesday! Which means it's recap time! Why don't we go ahead and get straight into it, shall we?

Starting off this week, we have some interesting news over on Halowaypoint. Remember last week when I told you guys about those lucky few that pre-ordered the Limited Collectors Edition? Well if you didn't let me give you a quick recap (no pun intended). Last week, 343i announced that anyone that bought the Limited Collectors Edition of Halo 5 would receive all the Limited Collectors Edition goodies and a downloadable copy of the game, which you would be able to pre-load a week before the games official release. This basically means that you'll receive the LCE on October 20th as opposed to the retail release on October 27th. Now, if you're like me, then you'll always want a physical copy of a game. There's just something about a physical copy of a game that a download can't quite match. Anyway, for those of you that decided to buy the LCE of Halo 5, you'll now have the option to exchange your downloadable copy for a physical copy however, the details on how you'll be able to go about this will be discussed closer to launch.

We also got to see the 405th in action once more. Whether you're a filthy Red or a dirty Blue, the 405th never fail to please.

343i also announced something that has got me pretty excited. We're going to get a second season of #HunttheTruth. Don't know what that is? Click here for 3 hours of awesome Halo stuff. It'll be interesting to see how season 2 starts off and to see just how far ONI are willing to go in order to silence the truth of the Spartan II program.

Finally, we got to see the first in game concept art for Raid on Apex 7. Take it with a grain of salt though as it's only an aerial view but if you're interested in seeing how the map will look, then you should check out this video made by MegaBlocks or just check out the concept art below.

apex7-50cad3b123554fecb24fd5df231bf4f0.jpg

Red vs Blue
Spoilers ahead!

Tucker attempts a few trust exercises between The New Republic and the Federal Army of Chorus but because tensions are at an all time high, it goes as well as you'd expect it to. Sarge comes up with the idea that the Reds and Blues need a more "neutral color" for what I'm now calling "Operation Friendship."

Meanwhile, Carolina tries to talk to Church about what exactly happened when they were fighting Shark Face. At first, Church tries to dodge the question by responding with some dry humor. Chuch finally opens up by stating the fact that although he is only a fragment of an AI and not a brand new, top of the line AI. Carolina doesn't buy it and says it's no excuse for him not being able to handle all of her armor equipment at the drop of a hat. Church responds with a comparison to The Meta, he does this to point out how close Carolina is getting to crossing a very dangerous line for her lust of being the most powerful soldier. This stings her and she then goes on to say what she had seen when she went to collect to alien artifact.

Things aren't much better between the 3 musketeers either. Felix is ready to throw down with Shark Face because he forgot to mention that Felix needed to kill the general. Words are exchanged but it looks like Locus is finally losing it as he asks the former Counselor of Project Freelancher, Aiden Price, about the Meta.

Time to Meet Your Maker

Don't forget that you guys still have a chance to enter the Squad based Meet Your Maker contest. I may have forgotten to add this in an earlier recap but there has also been an extension to the deadline which is now Saturday, August 15th, 2015. For the full break down of the competition, be sure to check out the Meet Your Maker contest thread. Remember, you still have 3 and half weeks to try your hand at winning some pretty badass prizes!

The Elder Sales
Addy: The next batch of Deals with Gold are now with us and once again it is an unspectacular week for Halo fans. On Xbox One the Forza 5 Car Pass is 50% off offering 80 cars for the money and while good value, Forza 6 is just around the corner making this saving fairly irrelevant. For RPG fans out there The Elder Scrolls Online is a Third off across all 3 versions available on the store, in case you were thinking about picking it up.

On the Xbox 360 you may get a feeling of Deja Vu seeing as the Black Ops DLC is on offer again for a second week running. As usual on the platform there's plenty on offer this week, most notably Red Dead Redemption, the 2nd highest voted title for Backwards compatibility support.

If you'd like to see all the items on offer, you can find a list of discounts for both Xbox One and Xbox 360 below;

Your Destiny Awaits

Nightfall: The Will of Crota (Omnigrill) :doublerainbowallthewayacrossthesky:
  • Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers
  • Nightfall - If all players die, your Fireteam is returned to Orbit.
  • Void Burn - Void Damage from any source is greatly increased.
  • Solar Burn - Solar Damage from any source is greatly increased.
  • Arc Burn - Arc Damage from any source is greatly increased.
omnigrill-png.13880

Weekly Heroic: Winters Run (Archon Priest)
  • Heroic - Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.
  • Void Burn - Void Damage from any source is greatly increased.
Further information on the reset can be found here.

Speking of Destiny, on Friday Bungie revealed some of their latest patch notes coming along with the upcoming DLC "The Taken King." Now as many of the Guardians the frequent Destiny know all to well, the Crucible is a place that is dominated by shotguns with ungodly range, Thorn (plz no), The Last Word and Grenades and Horseshoes (a rocket that detonates based on proximity to enemy players). Fair warning, there's lots of Destiny news ahead.

There's way to much for me to cover here, so here's a very brief run down of some of the things you can expect to see change in the Crucible;
  • AR's are getting a buff so they might actually be useful again.
  • Pulse Rifles are getting a minor nerf by 2.5% damage and more ammo for their magazines.
  • Scout Rifles are getting a buff in both PvP and PvE.
  • Hand Cannons are getting nerfed.
  • Shotguns are getting nerfed! Praise the sun!
  • Fusion Rifles are getting buffed.
  • Sniper Rifle final round shots are now based from precision shots.
  • Rocket Launchers Grenades and Horseshoes perk is getting its range nerfed.
You thought that was it? You were wrong! Time for some Exotic tuning;
  • Hardlight is getting buffed.
  • The Necrochasm is getting an ammo and stability buff + the auto rifle damage buff stated earlier.
  • The Last Word is getting nerfed.
  • Thorn is getting nerfed. Mark of the Devourer will do a 1/3 of its original damage but it can now stack up to five times (thank you based Bungie).
  • Hawkmoon (the current Playstation exclusive Hand Cannon) is also getting a much needed nerfed.
  • Ice Breaker will have its regenerating ammo nerfed from 5 seconds to 8 seconds.
  • Black Hammer (the legendary-exotic) will no longer grant you infinite ammo but will instead take ammo from your reserves if you land all 3 precision shots. Plus more ammo.
  • Lord of Wolves is getting a range buff on the "Lord of Wolves" perk.
  • Gjallarhorn's "Wolf Pack Rounds" are getting nerfed.

n0eJKPw.png

Zombie games are pretty fun, take Dead Island for example. You're running through a Prison full of zombies with two of your buddies however they decide to upright abandon you and leave you to your fate among the endless horde of the undead. Anyway, this weeks community spotlight goes to Zandril for highlighting a map called Marketplace by Yeti (aka guy mandude).

This map really gives me a Dead Island vibe. Thanks once again Yeti for reminding me of that terrifying prison run. iciredevrytim

Anyway guys, that about wraps it up for this week.
Until next time,
-Snack