News HC Weekly Recap: June 8th 2015

front-page-weekly-recap-png.13634
"Wait, you're not Snake!" you exclaim, hot tears of surprise and disappointment filling your eyes with despair. No, I am not Snake. You can tell because snakes are elongated legless reptiles whereas ducks are small feathered water-dwelling fowl who spend their days quacking and having their weight compared to medieval women in an effort to determine whether or not said women are witches. Neither have phalanges and both are consequently quite incapable of writing recap articles. Luckily for you, I am not really a duck and your beloved SOLIDSNAKEee is not really a snake. I'm sure that's quite a news flash for many of you, but the news doesn't end there! Read on to learn about all of the srs bzns that's transpired in the Halo community as well as other relevant corners of the internet since last week's recap.

- - -​

First thing's first, let's cover what's gone on here at HaloCustoms.com over the last week. Honestly, not much has. You may (or by its very nature, may not) have noticed that no recap for HaloCustoms vs the World #2 was ever posted. I'd love to tell you that I've been slaving over my desk for the last week, sifting through hours of footage and constructing a hilarious highlights reel for your viewing pleasure but no such footage was ever recorded. Due to an unexpected kerfuffle between the Canadian and the US post office, I did not receive an item integral to my recording setup in time for the event. You didn't miss much, though. The lobbies from the event held a few exciting moments, but most of the time was spent unsuccessfully searching for matchmaking games and experiencing crashes in custom games. We're hoping for better luck next time.

Members frequenting the custom games discussion forum will notice a new sponsored group housed within. The Octane Racing League is a prolific group of Halo players who love to go fast. Helmed by AlexJ189, a name which should be familiar to several of you, the ORL hosts exciting racing competitions across the forge-capable titles housed within the Master Chief Collection. If mongoose mayhem is your thing, go check them out!

Overall, it's been a quiet week here, but the staff team has begun discussing ways to heat up your summer in the not-to-distant future. Stay tuned!

- - -
In another corner of the Haloverse, last week saw the announcement of ForgeHub's Community Favorite winners for the month of May. a Chunk's 1v1 arena, Tron, blasted its way into first place with its acrobatic gameplay and steep learning curve. CommanderColson and Chronmeister tied for second place with their maps Lacuna and Short Circuit. For the full writeup on the winners, check out the full article on ForgeHub.

tron-screen-shot-2015-05-14-12-29-29-png.13649

On the more official side of things, our loving overlords at 343 Industries announced that Halo 2 Anniversary's new Big Team Battle map is "something the pro team is really excited about" and may find its way into the Halo Championship Series map rotation in the future. Don't ask me how that's supposed to work. On a less mind-boggling note, 343 senior designer Max Szlagor sat down with Joseph Staten for a guided walkthrough of a few minutes of Halo 3 ODST's recently ported campaign. For those who aren't familiar with Joe's work, he worked at Bungie for over a decade and was the creative director and writer for ODST. As such, he was able to provide some unique insight on the game. You can watch the full video below.

- - -

halo5huntthetruth-1440x564_c-jpg.13663

His time may be consumed by having his mouth pried open by a dentist and serving people gyros, but your favorite salad snack was able to spend a bit of it with you. Below, you can find his synopsis of the most recent episode of Hunt the Truth.

SPOILER ALERT!
You have been warned.

SOLIDSNAKEee: Last week, when Ben went back to his apartment to get his rainy day fund, he found something else. His apartment, and everything he had ever known, was gone. ONI had taken it all or destroyed it and now Ben is coming to the realization with the monster he's decided to take on. As his deepest fears come to light, FERO contacts Ben, urging him to leave the building immediately. However Ben is stubborn and refuses to leave, demanding to know why he should trust FERO and then... he hears "them". 3 armed men, ONI, looking for Ben. He tries to get away lest the armed gunmen prove too much for him. While Ben is about to meet his maker, 3 gunshots echo through the building and the bodies drop to the floor. Ben looks up and sees that one of the men is still alive when a fourth and final shot, finally drop him as well.

Ben and FERO leave the building and after some persuading, Ben convinces FERO to not go all in just yet and FERO gives Ben an untraceable comm pad with more than enough credits to get him to Bliss. They part ways while Ben makes his way to the freighter destined for Bliss. After arriving at Bliss and avoiding a lethal sandstorm thanks to the covies glassing the planet over two decades ago, Ben lands at an abandoned ONI facility. There he finds one active terminal, one that ONI did not deactivate. ONI had thought that the facility would have been glassed but this could be their undoing. Ben finds the evidence to prove the Chiefs innocence, but that's not all. He also searches for himself. His blood boils as he looks through reports and bullet points, all of this, to cover the original S-II program. Ben searches for one final thing, the Spartan II program, and all the horrors that came with it but in that instant the console starts flashing and the data has now become corrupt. Ben leaves in a hurry but now he's the hunter and ONI, the hunted.

Be sure to check out Huntthetruth if you haven't already. Sadly, next week might prove to be the end for huntthetruth as our wait to E3 and some Halo 5 goodness, draws to a close. Anyway, back to our ill mannered Duck for some other cool news!

- - -
As usual, a pesky, airborne piece of footwear dropped by to celebrate the last week's happenings within the HaloCustoms Minecraft server. If you ever want to join your HC brethren in this blocky, creative universe, you can find the server at mc.halocustoms.com:25635!

Flying Shoe ILR: Welcome, good patron, to Omi's Oddities! Located just east of the spawn city, Omi's is a strange but wonderful little shop.

2015-06-07_15-35-41-png.13652

Across the bridge there appears to be only some stone and dirt, but a deeper look reveals a cavern of rare and exotic treasures. Quartz halls and atriums fill out the space, each with a particular type of wares up for the taking... for the right price, of course. If you're not short on diamonds and you're looking for a new doodad to play with, check out this little slice of paradise!

2015-06-07_15-36-45-png.13653

2015-06-07_15-37-32-png.13654

- - -​

For an update on the last week's goings-on within the Destiny universe, I asked our very own Psychoduck!

Psychoduck:

Hello? Psychoduck?

Oh wait, that's me! This week saw the return of the Iron Banner PvP event. Lord Salladin is now selling ever-valuable Etheric Light at ranks 3 and 5, so the grind may be worth your time. If you didn't play this week, you still have a few hours before the weekly reset. The Tempering Buff is at maximum effectiveness so rank 3 is still within reach! Trials of Osiris is on the beautiful Widow's Court this week, and the Skolas fight is paired with the Void Burn modifier.

pvp_widows-court-jpg.13650

- - -
For this week's community spotlight, we have a creative new way to pull the flag on Remnant. Credit goes to HAL0 M4N and company for this unique strategy. Xbox clips video can't be embedded directly, but you can watch the hilarious video here.

If you or someone you know has something cool to share, post it down below for a chance at being spotlighted in next week's recap!
- - -
That's about it! I know it's hard to believe, but I wrote this entire article without the inclusion of a single pun. Hopefully you found some of this news interesting and informative. We'll be back next week (likely on Tuesday instead of Monday) to get ready for E3!

- - -
Editors note;

P.S
Snack here, we may or may not have forgotten to mention the Fallout 4 news earlier this week. So in case you haven't seen it or it's your 100th time watching it, here's the Fallout 4 trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am certainly glad they still use ducks to find out if someone is a witch. One of them turned me into a newt once... but I got better.

Well written Duck. Even though not much happened this week, and HC vs The World was less than ideal, it's nice you guys still give a recap.

As for that great mailing experience, all I can say is this: Blame Canada... Post.

dat flug pull tho

I wonder if 343 will announce The Master Chief Collection 2: We Fixeded It Edition at E3... I'm so hyped.