News HC Weekly Update 14/7/2015

eBSQsJp.png

Halo Time with Snack
Here we are, once again. Last week saw some pretty interesting announcements on the Halo front but before I get ahead of myself just take a second to remember. Remember where it all began. Remember Reach.

That was the best worst opening ever. Of all time. But we're finally getting Halo: The Fall of Reach! We've known about this since E3 but its just nice to see it. For those of you who don't know, Halo: The Fall of Reach goes into the origins of The Master Chief and the other Spartan II's, which also includes Blue Team. It also happens to be one of the best Halo novels so if you have ever had an interest in the extended lore, I'd recommend picking it up. So, for everyone that's planning on buying Halo 5's Limited Edition, Limited Collectors Edition or the Deluxe Edition, you'll have access to Halo: The Fall of Reach motion comic. The hype is real. Click here for more information and some screenshots.

halo-the-fall-of-reach-horizontal-72d23266c1394a7cac43e6bea9f71d4c.jpg

dis gun b gud mayne

There was also nothing that really caught my interest with this weeks Halo Community Update, besides some updates to the website. The only thing that really caught my attention was that anyone that has pre-ordered the Limited Collectors Edition of Halo 5 will receive their copies of the game on October 20th. That's one week prior to anyone that buys a standard copy of the game (October 27th), but before you go on a rant as to why that sucks please know that anyone that buys a Limited Collectors Edition will still have to wait until midnight on October 27th to play the game as they will receive downloaded copy of the game, you just have an extra week to pre-download it. Feel free to check out the HCU by clicking here.

Keeping up with the Halo 5 news, The Halo Channel is now available for iOS and Androids with a Windows phone version coming later this year after Windows 10 Mobile releases. That's all well and good but why should you download it? Well I'm glad you asked Little Timmy! When you download it, you'll receive an in-game reward in Halo 5, namely that of a REQ Pack. So give it a quick download and claim your reward when Halo 5 releases.

Lastly, Mega Blocks revealed a new Warzone map called "Raid on Apex 7". We don't actually get to see any gameplay however, they revealed the map in Mega Block form. This was a pretty unique way to reveal something like this. Credit to the marketing team for putting this one together. You can watch the map reveal by clicking here.

Red vs Blue
Spoilers Ahead!

Last week on Red vs Blue... Doc decided to give us a little PSA on triggers. With the help of Simons and an algorithm that he calibrated (must...resist...calibration...jokes...) to help detect 'triggers', we get a little more insight into the internet. It also has an alternative mode called Cautionary Ubiquitous Neurological Trauma Scanner or C.U.N.T.S for sort. I just really wanted to add that in there. For science!
You can watch the full PSA by clicking here.

Finally, Duck posted a brief recap of the Hero Reborn Vidoc. He also thought it would be nice to point out some key points during the video so go ahead and give it a quick read (and watch) and let me know how you think the campaign is coming along. Personally, I think it looks amazing and can't wait to play it.

Destiny Time
This weeks Bungie Weekly Update gave us a little insight to somethings that all guardians will see in just a few months time. Destiny will be receiving a nice little UI (User Interface) update with the launch of The Taken King. On top of that (and I'm more than certain this next part is for TTK owners only) you'll also be receiving more Exotic quests! By far one of the more fun, challenging and grindy aspects of Destiny (think Bad Juju's 10,000 crucible points or Thorns 500 Void kills). It'll be interesting to see what other challenges will see coming with TTK. You can read the full weekly update by clicking here.

Nightfall: Nexus
  • Epic
  • Nightfall
  • Angry
  • Brawler
  • Grounded

Weekly Heroic: Valus Ta'aurc (or better known as Tatty Mc Fat fat/Rockets Mc Dickface by some)
  • Heroic
  • Grounded

Sub-par Savings!
Addy: The next batch of Deals with Gold are now with us and well, there's not really much on offer worth picking up in my humble opinion, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is a fairly worthwhile title picking up at 67% off this week on Xbox One if that's your thing.

On the 360 however I would have recommended the Black Ops 1/2 DLC for 'dem zambies as it's on sale. At a measly 25% off however for such old content I would definitely pass on this (75% off would have probably made this my recommendation of the week). Having to pick one 360 sale item to feature I'd probably go for Deus Ex: Human Revolution at 75% off, a fun stealth shooter that can put your tactical skills to the test.

If you'd like to see all the items on offer, you can find a list of discounts for both Xbox One and Xbox 360 below;

Decide to pick anything up in this week's Xbox Live sale? Why not discuss your purchases in the comments below? :)

Thanks Addy!

n0eJKPw.png

Earlier today, someone posted a link somewhere on the intertubes and I happened to see it. This link, however, is about Destiny and Guardians raining from the sky. Thanks to Charles Stoot for providing the link. Check out the video down below.

Legends Never Die

Three days ago, one of gamings legendary icons past onto legend. Mr. Satoru Iwata, the head of Nintendo, died due to bile duct cancer. Although this is a terrible tragedy, lets remember Mr. Iwata for the legend that he was and the good that he brought to the gaming industry. He helped to develop some games such as Pokemon, Super Smash Bros and Kirby. Not only that, he pushed for the company to focus on both the Nintendo DS and Wii platforms. So remember him for the good that he brought to gaming and the memories that he's given you. Our thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends during this hard time.

satoru_iwata_nintendo-540x342.jpg

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."

-Snack

Reactions: Madirate
Guys, buy the Black ops 1, and Black ops 2 Dlc while you can, you won't regret it!
Though for the Battlefield 4 "short cut kits" I'd recommend you play to unlock them rather then pay to unlock them.

Your welcome for the link not sure if it was me or not but hey I take credit were it's due. Also

there is another one for you to enjoy.