[Jul 25, 2013] BIOC Lobby - Got Flood? (PA1NTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
biocthreadsignup.png

Hey everyone!
Welcome to my BIOC Lobby for Thursday July 25th, 2013!

If you don't know what BIOC is yet, read this page first.

"Got Flood?
Host's HaloCustoms username: PA1NTS
Host's Gamertag: PA1NTS
Day of hosting: Thursday July 25th 2013
Start Time: 4:00 PM CENTRAL TIME/5:00 PM EASTERN TIME
End Time (approximately): Whenever
Description: If anybody has a Flood map to test, we will test it. If not, I will choose various well made Flood maps from the community.
Schedule:
1. Your Maps
2. Our Maps

We’ll play what YOU want to play!
According to BIOC standards, you can also submit a map, whether it is for testing or just something that you enjoy. We have four major rules that you need to keep in mind:
1. The map has to be a Survival Infection map. Click for more information. It pretty much it means: No mini-games.
2. You need to submit your map in a comment down below using the following template (in the quote). Give details such as the name and a brief description. Providing links and a picture as well have our preference.
3. You have to attend at the lobby in order to get the map played.
4. You have to make sure that the map is in your fileshare by the time of submitting the template, so we can download it. I will NOT promote you to leader.

The template:
Map Submission for Testing
Map name:
Gametype name:
Gamertag of the file holder:
Link to map on Waypoint:
Link to gametype on Waypoint:
Description of the map:
Picture:
The rules READ, IMPORTANT!
1. Signing up means showing up. If something important comes up, let me know.
2. You may not ask to be promoted to leader. (This does not count for co-hosts.)
3. Players that are in a different party chat or do not have a microphone are more likely to be kicked. Having a mic is a lot more fun for all players, including you, if you can talk with each other and with the host.

How to join
In order to be able to join this lobby, there's one final thing you have to do.
You must make sure to send the following message to me on Xbox Live (PA1NTS), 15 minutes before my lobby begins:

"inv BIOC"

Finally, please rate this lobby once it’s over. It will help us to get more and better lobbies in the future. (Obviously this means you also have to use the RSVP-function, so don’t forget about that either.)

That is all! See you in my lobby!
- PA1NTS

Links
- Official Youtube Channel
- Official BIOC Map Submission Thread
- Official BIOC Map Database
- Official BIOC Front Page

Evac Halo's Departure Map Pack:
Outpost 9 - [Ravine Canvas]: Created by Tdrow (Co-Founder of Evac Halo) modified by Vientus
Grid 471 - [Impact Canvas]: Crated by Hi Im Berb (Not affiliated with Evac Halo) modified by Vientus
Plant 510 - [Erosion Canvas]: Created by Vientus (Co-Founder of Evac Halo)
Gamer Tag: Vientus
To Download Maps: Click Here
To Download Game type: Click Here
Description:
Evacuation is a linear expansive, flood, team based game, were players have five minutes to make it to a pelican to survive the flood outbreak. Players may face traps, locked doors and be tasked with gathering objectives during their escapade to the pelican, all before time runs out.
Damage tables:
Humans are two hits and their shields will recharge after 60 seconds, however they must take no damage. (This includes fall damage)
Humans are invincible when in the pelican, however there is a ten second soft kill bounder preventing them from holding out inside. Once the game time reaches below ten seconds the humans will want to hop into the pelican, in order to “evac”.
Flood are two shots with DMR, BR, or magnum, one shot with shotgun or sniper rifle, and are just a short burst with an assault rifle. The floods shield recharge rate normal. (The same as traditional matchmaking flood)
Flood are given both a damage boost and an over shield to pick up and use. With the damage boost spawning every 45 seconds and the over shield spawning every 35 seconds, (spawn times are based on when the object is picked up). Damage boost increases flood damage making, humans a one hit conversion. While over shield increases flood health making them five shots with a DMR, BR or magnum, two shot with a sniper rifle (this does include head shots) and a longer burst of an assault rifle. However flood are still one shot with a shotgun (this does include over shield)
Load outs:
In evacuation players can chose from a number of different load outs, offering players the opportunity to make each round their own personal experience. Players can choose from the following load outs at the start of the game. And can equip new weapons and or armor ability’s in game by obtaining personal ordinances. Flood in evacuation use standard Halo 4 load outs those being, Thruster Pack, Active Camouflage, and Promethean Vision. Flood do have the use of motion sensors while humans do not.
Scout [load out 1]:
Primary Weapon: DMR Primary
Secondary Weapon: Magnum
Grenades: No Grenades
Armor Ability: Hard light Shield
Tactical Package: AA Efficiently
Support Upgrade: Dexterity
Guard [load out2]:
Primary Weapon: Magnum
Secondary Weapon: None
Armor Ability: Regeneration Field
Tactical Package: Shielding
Support Upgrade: Ammo
Grenadier [load out 3]:
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Armor Ability: Auto Sentry
Tactical Package: Resupply
Support Upgrade: Dexterity
Operator [load out 4]:
Primary Weapon: Shotgun
Armor Ability: Thruster Pack
Tactical Package: AA Efficiently
Assault [load out 5]:
Primary Weapon: BR
Secondary Weapon: DMR
Armor Ability: Hologram
Tactical Package: Firepower
Evacuation was created for a 12 player lobby, while the game type can support 16 players. Evacuation offers optimal play with 12 and the game type should never be played in a lobby lower than 10. Evacuation does have a learning curve and because of this we recommend playing maps at least twice before calling it quits. In all honesty most people don't like how the game plays the first go around, because it's not like most linear flood. However don't let the fact that it's different scare you off; if you stick with it, it's a ton of fun! It just has a learning curve, like any other linear map. The biggest challenge is getting use to the damage tables and tactics need to both convert humans and or survive. If you’re ready to escape your limitations, challenge the status quo, have fun and go beyond, evac awaits.
1lkd.jpg

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
That's all I'm looking for. The good, bad and ugly.

I think those maps are really interesting. However, I think they are simply toooo long. The aesthetics suffer massively and gameplay is extremely slow and sometimes confusing. Still, it was an experience.

If you intend on creating another batch of maps, I would suggest making them a little shorter and/or more constricted. That would probably speed up gameplay as well as making it less confusing for first timers.

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Right you are elliot. I mean there's no point in spending 500 dollars of budget on something that the humans are just going to run by and never see again.

If I wanted to run through something I'd play campaign. Because sadly there just isn't enough pieces in forge to make a five minute campaign that actually looks realistic.

Have you thought about using modded canvases? That way you could still have your maps just as adventurous and long lasting as they currently are, but you'd be able to add a lot more detail.

Keep in mind, these are just some thoughts from playing these maps last time. I will still be delivering more feedback after the lobby, or during the lobby; whichever one you would like.

Right you are elliot. I mean there's no point in spending 500 dollars of budget on something that the humans are just going to run by and never see again.

If I wanted to run through something I'd play campaign. Because sadly there just isn't enough pieces in forge to make a five minute campaign that actually looks realistic.

Have you thought about using modded canvases? That way you could still have your maps just as adventurous and long lasting as they currently are, but you'd be able to add a lot more detail.

Keep in mind, these are just some thoughts from playing these maps last time. I will still be delivering more feedback after the lobby, or during the lobby; whichever one you would like.
I have looked into mod's however the challenge is that fact that forge has an object limit not a budget but a limit to the number of objects that can be on map. (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) That limit still prevents me from adding the large number of aesthetics partly because I usually have to use every kill/soft kill to prevent players from breaking the maps. While I do understand the point your trying to make, in all honesty "short" is not what evac's about and I don't make small hive mind or free roam maps because I don't like the fact that AR's and shotgun are what dominates today's flood lobbies. I'm not try to make excuses, just trying to get everyone on the same page. I have been thinking about making a hybrid between evacuation and more traditional risk vs. reward in regards to human weapons, however it's just a thought. At the end of they day, Evac Halo is all about pushing the limit's and bring new things to the halo universe. If we just sit back and make traditional linear maps or free roam, nothings going to change. In Halo 2 we saw people get the crazy idea that yellow and green teams in slayer worked together to create the flood game type we have now. The idea behind Evac Halo's the same, challenge what is and look for what could be. C ya tomorrow. -Vent

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Can we possibly suggest some of our own flood/infection maps to play to include variety?
Yes.
I actually just downloaded one of your Flood maps yesterday. It looked good. I'll be testing it in this lobby as well as anything else you need tested (flood maps only.)

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
I have looked into mod's however the challenge is that fact that forge has an object limit not a budget but a limit to the number of objects that can be on map. (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) That limit still prevents me from adding the large number of aesthetics partly because I usually have to use every kill/soft kill to prevent players from breaking the maps. While I do understand the point your trying to make, in all honesty "short" is not what evac's about and I don't make small hive mind or free roam maps because I don't like the fact that AR's and shotgun are what dominates today's flood lobbies. I'm not try to make excuses, just trying to get everyone on the same page. I have been thinking about making a hybrid between evacuation and more traditional risk vs. reward in regards to human weapons, however it's just a thought. At the end of they day, Evac Halo is all about pushing the limit's and bring new things to the halo universe. If we just sit back and make traditional linear maps or free roam, nothings going to change. In Halo 2 we saw people get the crazy idea that yellow and green teams in slayer worked together to create the flood game type we have now. The idea behind Evac Halo's the same, challenge what is and look for what could be. C ya tomorrow. -Vent

I see what you mean. I still think you'd get a little more of an advantage using a modded map though. If you need help with killzones and safezones, I'm pretty efficient with them. You can save alot of killzones by using safe zones properly. A little trick I do while building maps is make all of the walls the same heights, or at least only a few different heights only. That way I can use one killzone to cover a lot more ceiling.

I respect that you are creating something new. Especially because what you're making is extremely difficult to balance. There are a few more types of infection gametypes than you listed (nazi zombies, holdout, vehicle circuits, minigames) but perhaps you could start a new genre of infection, and that is campaign flood maps

Keep doing what you're doing. Its really unique.

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Hey, sorry I had to bail. Just my luck, -_- Had fun idk if you can give me feedback. Anyway it's all good. I'll watch the film for the kill zone. C ya around -Vent
Overall I enjoyed Evac Halo a lot more this time around. I think we just had a bad test last time. I loved that shield door holdout with the pallet. You should incorporate more things like that if you make any more of them. Flood teleporters were good. It seemed to play much more balanced this time around.

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Hey, sorry I had to bail. Just my luck, -_- Had fun idk if you can give me feedback. Anyway it's all good. I'll watch the film for the kill zone. C ya around -Vent
Overall I enjoyed Evac Halo a lot more this time around. I think we just had a bad test last time. I loved that shield door holdout with the pallet. You should incorporate more things like that if you make any more of them. Flood teleporters were good. It seemed to play much more balanced this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.