• Yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No Interest

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Recently, after a long and bountiful hibernation, I decided to reintroduce myself to the fruity basket that we simply know as "the staff chat". With a random sugar rush, some gooey potato-y stuff and some great idea on how to share information on the interwebs, we decided that we needed a new way to help recap all the cool things that are happening in Halo, Halocustoms Minecraft Server and some general cool gaming news. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the Halocustoms Weekly Recap.

front-page-weekly-recap.png

Look at that fancy new image. Doesn't it look great? Trick question, of course it does! Special thanks to Mr.Psychoduck for creating that badass image. Now for some news!

Starting off we have this weeks Halo Community Update over on Halowaypoint.

• Although E3 is ways away, Bravo has no problem teasing us with some secret information. He can't tell us just yet, otherwise it wouldn't be a secret. What could -REDACTED- be? Only time will tell. Did I mention that I hate secrets?

• On a less secretive note, expect to see Relic and Halo 3: ODST later this month. Release date is TBA as of the time of writing this article.

• Like objective gamemodes? Well you're in for a treat. Team objective is now a featured playlist for a limited time! Be sure to grab some balls!...oddballs that is while you still can. If objective doesn't sit well with you then you may be glad to know that Swat is now here to stay. Neutral bomb master race.

• Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is now on the Halo Channel for everyone to watch!
- - -

tumblr_noii1dp1411uokpa1o1_1280.jpg
There are two sides to every story. Well, actually there are three. Your side, my side and the truth and speaking of the truth, we have some interesting new developments in this weeks #huntthetruth. Now without spoiling too much, this weeks episode tells us some shocking revelations and an incident in the out colonies known as "The Leak". If you're looking to listen to the full episode, then click here.

- - -
Last week, episode 6 of Red vs Blue was released. With it came some shocking surprises that will "encourage" Locus and Felix to put more effort into stopping the Reds and Blues. Although the New Republic and New Federation of Chorus are allied, tensions are still high between both parties. Be sure to check out the full episode here.

- - -​

You know what's cool? Building things! I might be able to build a box but you guys can make some truly spectacular things and speaking of which, here's Flying Shoe ILR with some minecraft updates from HC's server:

Flying Shoe ILR: Things have been really building up on the HC Minecraft server. Many amazing new structures have been appearing over the last few months courtesy of our fantastic users. I'm going to try to feature anything new and exciting I can find every week or two. This week we have one of the biggest builds on the server, the Charles Stoot Homestead!

Situated on the top of one of the highest peaks in the world, this collection of buildings and structures is a sight to behold. Stoot has been toiling away at this massive build for a while now. It's size and insane attention to detail make this an amazing place to explore. Amazingly, this build is more than just about aesthetics. Beneath the mountain lie a variety of machines, including AFK mob grinders, an automated chicken cooker, and a 3 story sheep elevator. Don't go snooping around without asking Stoot first however! (or unless you're an admin. Staph r coruptz.)

On a different topic, there's something I've been wanting to do for a while now that I think might fit very well with people on Halocustoms. Recently, the folks at Feed The Beast put out a mod pack that turns Minecraft into a team based, long-term strategic multiplayer game. The pack, FTB Trident, pits 2 to 3 teams of players against one another with the goal of being the last team standing. Players build up a base with limited resources and devise plans to destroy the other teams base and complete an objective. Games tend to last 1-3 weeks depending on player activity, and run at a slow, methodical pace. We have the means to host a server for this, and if it is popular we could even run a game every so often. Please vote in the poll above if you have an interest in participating in such an event.

For more information about FTB Trident, click here.

Thanks Shoe. Be sure to submit your vote for an FTB Trident server, but don't wait too long as you'll only have a week to vote! Check back next week more updates from the MC server next week to see who else has made some amazing structures. For those interested in joining the server, you can find us at mc.halocustoms.com:25635

- - -​

Whether you love it or hate it, Destiny has some pretty cool trailers. Such as this one right here;

Although the House of Wolves expansion will not feature a raid, it will feature a 3 man co-op experience known as the Prison of Elder that's sure to deliver some highly intense moments. So if you have some spare cash laying around or you already have the season pass, feel free to check out the House of Wolves expansion which is set to release on Tuesday (May 19th).

- - -​

Next up, we have some cool news this week for anyone thats a Witcher fan. If you're a mature adult or you're looking for something new to try out, check out the Witcher 3 which releases tomorrow (May 19th). For anyone how hasn't yet heard of the Witcher games, the Witcher is an RPG/Fantasy type style game. Unlike most RPG's, the Witcher takes on more mature elements, though with a darker style than that of Dragon Age or similar games. I'd highly recommend you guys check out this game if you get the chance.

- - -​

front-page-content-spotlight.png

We're lucky to have alot of content creators among us. Some of you guys make videos and put them on youtube, others stream live gameplay via twitch while other make some amazing music. If you feel like you've made something cool and you'd like to share it, feel free to leave it in the comments down below or you can link it on my profile by simply leaving a comment and if it makes the cut, you'll see it on next weeks update! (Side note, it does not have to be strictly Halo related.)

Not a content creator? Try submitting one of your xboxclips instead! It can be anything from something cool to something silly or something completely badass!
Edit;
I also forgot to mention screenshots. Be sure to also submit any badass screenshots that you happen to come across or take!

Anyway, that about wraps it up for this week. If you think we missed anything, leave a comment down below. Check back next week for all things Halo related and some other fun stuff. Until next time Spartans!

-Snack

P.S - Feedback is nice. Let us know how we done.
P.P.S - Check out www.agar.io and feel free to blame JL1223 X for spreading the infection.

Last edited:
Is this Minecraft mod available for Mac? (Yes I know I'm such a scum for being a console gamer and having a mac).

Well, this is certainly a large post. Nice post Snake.

As for the Minecraft server, I really need to continue building my tower, it's going on 2 months of work now.
FTB Trident sounds pretty freaking cool, I must say.

Is this Minecraft mod available for Mac? (Yes I know I'm such a scum for being a console gamer and having a mac).
Minecraft is Linux based, so it works just as well on Mac as it does on PC. I've been using it on a Macbook Pro for the last 3 years.

Hmmm..... If we have a FTB server, will I be able to fill Snake's base with lava and water?

Seeing as Trident is a PvP based mod pack, most certainly.

Well, this is certainly a large post. Nice post Snake.

As for the Minecraft server, I really need to continue building my tower, it's going on 2 months of work now.
FTB Trident sounds pretty freaking cool, I must say.

Best part is that we can run the 2 servers concurrently. :)