News Weekly Recap - 25th May 2015

front-page-weekly-recap.png

Another week, another recap. Time flies when you're having fun! That, or frantically trying to get those pesky new exotics from Destiny's "House of Wolves"! But, more on that later. First off, we have our Halo news.

Don't like reading all those words on the Halo Bulletin but still want a brief recap of all the new updates? Never fear! Snack is here! Let your eyes wander to the paragraphs below.

We still don't have a date for the release of Remnant (Relic remastered) nor Halo 3: ODST, however 343i are currently finalizing it so we should be expecting some new info soon. We'll keep you guys updated as we hear more information.

Last week's bulletin held some exciting news for anyone that's a team objective fan as it returned as a temporary playlist. This week sees the return of "Team Doubles"! After doubles' first appearance in matchmaking, some changes were made.
  • Halo 2 Classic: SMG Slayer weighting significantly reduced
  • Halo 3: Updated map variants to the latest matchmaking versions (Pit Stop, etc)
  • Halo 3: VIP removed
  • Halo 3: All AR-start Slayer replaced with BR-start
  • Halo 3: Added Heretic Ball, King, and CTF (with low weighting)
  • Halo 3: Added BR-start Slayer for Citadel and Assembly
The copy/pasting is real! However this good news comes with some bad news as Team Doubles will be replacing Team Objective. Along with that, rotational playlists will be taking a back seat for now as 343 will be checking to see which playlists are the most popular. For now however, you may want to grab a buddy and hop in some doubles. Just remember, death montages are also good. As long as they're funny of course.

While we're on the topic of matchmaking, we've got some fixes along the way;
  • In SWAT, we’ll be updating H2A respawn time to a more appropriate 3 seconds, rather than the current setting, “way too long”
  • In Halo 2 Classic, we’ll be updating BR-start objective game types to include “BR” in the naming convention, to avoid confusion during voting
  • We’ll be correcting Halo: CE variants across matchmaking to no longer utilize motion tracker
Finally, this week's "Canon Fodder" has shown us some of the book art for "Saint's Testimony" which will be a digital single releasing on July 27th. Feel free to fest your eyes on the art below.

cfsaintstestimonycover400px-c4d8e19b8a8f44af8477209fa817c0e9.jpg

The story will feature an AI named Lona nearing the end of her seven year life span, just before rampancy begins (rampancy is basically a terminal AI sickness). Lona decides she doesn't want to die and a battle for her survival begins; not with bullets, but with words in a legal appeal that no one saw coming.

Finally, wrapping up this week's bulletin recap we have some more information that was hidden under -REDACTED-. For anyone thats read the Halo 3 terminals, feels free to skip this one. When 343 Gulity Spark has a discussion with a -REDACTED- entity also known as Mendicant Bias, about just what exactly the Ark is, he's met be an unknown AI who's authority exceeds his own.

- - -
Last week's Red vs Blue shows Locus and Felix as they try and recover a strange alien artifact that can only be opened be a warrior with clarity of mind. Things don't go their way, though. Check out the full episode by clicking here!

- - -

tumblr_novgbifl2q1uokpa1o1_1280.jpg

SPOILER ALERT!
You've been warned!
Last weeks HunttheTruth revealed something truly shocking. A leaked after action report from the planet Beko revealed that the Master Chief went in trigger happy resulting in the deaths of 19 people. To make matters worse, he also kidnapped an ambassador which helped destroy years or work between both human and alien alliances. However the icing on the cake is that just a few hours later, that same ambassador ended up dead. After waking the hornets nest, Fero decided to drop the real bomb shell. Security of the incident, showing Chief break into the embassy and kidnapping then ambassador.

This week's Hunt the Truth sees Benjamin Giraud confront ONI in front of the Unified Earth Goverments (UEG) with the evidence and statements gathered from eye witnesses including Anthony Pertrosky, an ex ODST war vet. As things draw to a climax, Katrina, Johns childhood friend, has popped up on ONI's radar and things aren't looking good. Once confronted, the outer colonies are cut off from the inner colonies as comm buoy's are shut down.

For the full episode and all the previous episodes, click here.

- - -
With all the Halo news out of the way, it's once again time for a showcase of some of the constructions you guys have been making over on our Minecraft Server. Shoe, take it away!

Flying Shoe ILR: Wizwap has been working on a jewel of a secret base out in the wild forests of [REDACTED]. Blending simplicity, utility, and natural beauty, this is a build worth taking a look at.

2015-05-24_16.42.27.png

The main hallways are packed with machinery, such as automatic crop harvesters, an AFK skeleton spawner, and an auto-bonemeal device.

2015-05-24_16.43.33.png

There is even a mysterious machine out back, the use of which so far has eluded me. The natural color scheme and set back entryway make finding it a little difficult, but starting from Sky's Mansion would probably be a good idea.

2015-05-24_16.44.18.png

You may also find a way in if you search hard enough near Stoot's Homestead or Fort Deadlock. ;) That's all for this week!

Thanks Shoe! Last week we also posted a poll to see how interested you guys would be for a FTB Trident Server and seeing as there is some interest in it, we'll be looking into it for the future. For those wondering how to find our server, boot up minecraft and look for us at mc.halocustoms.com:25635

- - -
Next up, it's Destiny. If you're a fan of Destiny then you'll love the new expansion titled "The House of Wolves". This action-packed, content-filled new expansion sees Guardians take up a call to arms to help the Reef Awoken deal with some treacherous Fallen. If that wasn't enough, upon proving your worth to the Queen and her loyal warden Variks, you will be granted access to the Prison of Elders. On top of that, this week also saw the release of the competitively focused "Trials of Osiris". Be sure to bring a 3 man fireteam, some baby powder for the sweat and some of your best loot and if you're lucky and you don't lose a match, there'll be a very special reward awaiting you.

Screenshot-Original.png

- - -

front-page-content-spotlight.png

Whether you're a badass or a newbie, there's always something cool that you guys have a hand in doing. Seeing as you guys decided to not leave any cool things last time, I decided to go on a search among the far and most deepest reaches of HaloCustoms. No, not Sky's profile. Instead, I went to Steelgreen's. Check out this cool clip he captured while playing Battlefield 4 by clicking here.

If you have something cool to share, feel free to shoot me a message. If it's cool or funny enough or generally badass, it'll get mentioned in next week's recap.

- - -
That about wraps it up for this week's recap. If you've been playing House of Wolves, share some of your experiences down below. Also keep an eye out for the next HC vs The World. No solid dates yet but expect one soon. :fronk:

Until next time,
Snack

tfw I still need to play Trials of Osiris and 99% of my friendslist has gone to Mercury.
I got to 9 and 1 loss once, closest I got to the Lighthouse. We tried again today but went up against some of the laggiest teams of all time. I hit one guy with golden gun and it didn't register for 5 seconds, giving him time to kill me and another teammate before he exploded. Needless to say I'm done for this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Psychoduck
Solid update Snake! ;)

I'm getting a serious Halo vibe from ToO seeing as I am getting my ass handed to me. I need someone to carry me. Skolas already got a taste of my new Ghorn.

Reactions: SOLIDSNAKEee
tfw I still need to play Trials of Osiris and 99% of my friendslist has gone to Mercury.
We shall murder the peoples and the stuffs this week. It'll be great!

Solid update Snake! ;)

I'm getting a serious Halo vibe from ToO seeing as I am getting my ass handed to me. I need someone to carry me. Skolas already got a taste of my new Ghorn.
Glad to see you're enjoying the updates. The Trials can be challenging but with the right team, it becomes a quite abit less difficult. I mean, it's either that or we played against some terrible people. lol