Community HaloCustoms Aesthetic Map Pack

front-page-map-spotlight-png.9208

Hello there! As you've noticed by the title of this article, we've got something a little different for you today. While I was surfing through our forums one day, I noticed something that caught my attention. We have plenty of competitive, flood, and minigame maps being discussed and critiqued, but the aesthetic maps seem to be glanced over quite frequently. This is actually made me a little more sad than it should have, mainly because we have some simply stunning aesthetic maps in our database! So, I've done what needed to be done. It's time to bring these beauties to the front page, so everyone can see just how far the forge boundaries have been pushed by our crazily talented aesthetic forgers.

________

aesthetic1.jpg

Arkesya
Forged by: Zaelkyria
First up on the list is this beautiful Forerunner-themed structure, Arkesya. If you've been keeping up with Zaelkyria's aesthetic forging, you'll know that this work of art comes as no surprise. His first map post here on HaloCustoms just happened to be an absolutely stunning recreation of a Covenant CRS Light Cruiser. Since then, he's focused on Forerunner-themed architecture, as evident in Arkesya. This map is truly gorgeous, with an incredible level of detail that is seldom seen in forge maps.

aesthetic2.jpg

WingBlade
Forged by: rayner
Words can't begin to describe the incredible grandeur of this map. I'm sure many of you recognize this gigantic bird as the awe-inducing forerunner giant seen rising up from the desert sands in the recent Halo 5 trailer. Rayner has done such a great job recreating it - you might find that walking around on the map gives you even more goosebumps than the trailer did!

aesthetic3.1.jpg

Helm's Deep
Forged by: Buddy
Last, but certainly not least, we have the famous fortress from the popular Lord of the Rings series. Although this map was created quite a while back, it's still more than worthy of the recognition it's receiving today. When compared to the original, it's almost scary how accurately Buddy was able to remake the fortress. But even if you haven't seen LotR, this is such a breath-taking sight that you'll still be blown away by it's sheer epicness.

________

Well, that about wraps it up folks! Hope you enjoyed the read (and the pictures). Be sure to check all these maps out in forge mode to get an even better sense of just how incredible they really are. Also, let us know what you think about this article, and where we should take these map features in the future!

Download Arkesya

Download WingBlade

Download Helm's Deep

It's such a shame we don't have a big enough forge budget to make these aesthetic master pieces a part of competitive/flood/what-have-you maps or at least in the sky box or surroundings

Wait... Wingblade has about 3,000+ budget left. I could craft something. I've already made a version where you can play grifball on a really cool grifball court.

Btw a good idea from Dux to let Dax feature these three maps, because THFE has not enough time to overally feature many maps in these days I guess. ;) Teamwork is always nice.

Reactions: rayner
Though HaloCustoms and THFE are closely related, the two communities are separate. This means that HaloCustoms is not in any way limited to featuring THFE maps. It's just that no maps besides those THFE features have been featured on HaloCustoms recently, which is a bit disappointing, so I decided to change that. There's no "allowing" from one staff member to another. We work as a team, dawg.

TL;DR:
35319234.jpg

Alrighty ;) It´s just that these three maps were all submitted to THFE *and* are the best in the category "aesthetic". The first thought led me to my conclusion which was wrong... :D :laugh: SORRY