News HaloCustoms Weekly Roundup - 30th Apr '17

halo-newz-png.17797

Put your feet up, crack open your favourite beverage and some of your favourite snacks and come have a gander at our weekly update.

First up, the lovable Tom French has been made the Lead Multiplayer Design Director at 343i. Tom has been one of the driving forces behind some of the amazing Forge updates that we've been seeing over the past months, giving forgers tools and objects to make all the awe-inspiring maps that we've been seeing. As his new job states he'll be responsible for designing the gameplay for Halo 5's Multiplayer, and one can assume he'll also be in that role for any future games developed by 343i (Halo 6 anyone?). Considering the things Tom has done for forge, I'm sure we can expect great things from him. Be sure to give him a warm welcome and send him all your constructive feedback, he's been quite open with us on twitter in the past, let's not ruin that by spamming him with dumb tweets.

Who doesn't love a good old fashioned game of Big Team Battle in Halo 5? We're all in luck as 343i have released an update to the playlist adding in new maps and bringing in the Assault gametype into the big team camp. Grab 7 friends (or randoms) and join in the carnage against the opposing team. In total 5 new maps were added, replacing some of the old maps in the playlist. To be honest some of the old maps were pretty awful... (*cough* Antifreeze *cough*). The five new maps were created with this specific update in mind and are listed below with links to bookmark them for your viewing and gaming pleasure.

Our talented video wizard Squally DaBeanz also put together a rather splendid video trailer for the new update:

The Halo Wars 2 Colony DLC was also released this week. Jump in as the formidable Lekgolo and smash hulking worm-symbiotes against your enemies. Featuring new units such as the Goliath and Scarred Hunters, these massive beasts are a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield, able to soak up massive amounts of damage and deal out the same in return. What they lack in speed and grace, they make up for in sheer damage potential. Be warned! Available now for $5.99 or your local equivalent on the Microsoft store for both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC.

colony_banner_1120-0b7c873d5df44f79bccec8a0a3cda8cc.png

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition was released on Steam recently, and unofficial modding tools for the game have already been released. The team behind halomods.com has created a desktop application that allows players to make changes to some of the files in the game, unlocking the potential to change the abilities of different units and buildings in the game. Of course, these modding tools come with a disclaimer that you're using them at your own risk, do not use the to cheat and if you get yourself banned, that's your fault. See below for a download and instructions on how to start modding the game.

Download: https://github.com/KornnerStudios/HaloWarsDocs/releases
Modding instructions: http://kornnerstudios.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/how-to-modding-building-commands-in.html

Ever wondered how to get into a part of Halo 3's Sierra 117 level? Me neither, but apparently it's taken these guys 9 years and a frame perfect trick just to glitch inside a small room near the end of the level. Mad props to these lunatics for trying for so long. I hope it was worth it.

If you need cheering up, this week's community video is one for you.

Anyone up for a round of Golf? I'll get my 3 Wood and you bring the man cannons. Bye!

Because there's so many different things they had to try. I'm sure it wasn't for 9 years straight and it wasn't just them.
"Over the course of nearly 10 years, people from the tricking community have tried many various ideas to get inside this room, including Phantom Flip Launching, Phantom Turret Clipping, Phasing, and more. All to no avail. We knew you had to find a way to go past solid geometry, but with the lack of materials, it made the idea of getting into this room daunting." From the looks of it, a community was doing anything it could to get in that room, looks like these 3 guys were the last ones that kept trying for so long.

Reactions: Greenh2