News The New HaloCustoms

front-page-official-news.png

A few months ago, Psychoduck came up with an idea for the staff. According to him, it all started off in a dream, wherein this website was nearly unrecognizable, due to one life changing difference. Inspired by this dream, he developed the idea with Flying Shoe ILR and eventually presented the idea to the rest of the staff. As soon as we heard it, we were skeptical. However, as he explained his plan, and the way it would help connect this site to the rest of the Halo Community, one by one the decision to go forward with it became unanimous.

We have dropped hints over the past few weeks about upgrades and changes to the site. We even recently added a donations box in anticipation for the subsidiary funding the project's maintenance would require over time. Gladly, today, I ecstatic to announce the new HaloCustoms - one that will revolutionize the way you experience the community.

HaloCustoms is now a beach.

There is no simpler way of saying it, although I'll understand if you are a little confused. Not one member of staff can honestly say that they liked the idea when they first heard it. However, I'd be happy to answer your many likely questions.

HaloCustoms Beach FAQ
Q: What, in the context of an internet forum, is a Beach?
A: A beach is an outcrop of sand or pebbles, positioned by the edge of a body of water, fresh or salt, in any climate.

Q: Wait, so what do you mean that HaloCustoms is going to be a beach?
A: I wouldn't say that it's going to be a beach. It currently is.

Q: But how is it a beach? I'm on the site right now, I'm looking at it. It's not a beach.
A: No, this is not the beach. And, thus, it would be incorrect to call this website HaloCustoms. But just as HealthCare.gov is not the actual health care program of America, this website is similarly not the true HaloCustoms. It is simply a website giving information about HaloCustoms.

Q: And what is that exactly?
A: A beach. An outcrop of sand or pebbles, positioned by a-

Q: No, seriously, what are you talking about?
A: You just said...?

Q: Okay, whatever, this isn't HaloCustoms. Where is it then?
A: Unfortunately, due to our security policies and the Data Protection act of 1971, I am not at liberty to give the exact address and location of the beach. However, I can tell you that it is located somewhere in the southern Atlantic.

Q: How do you expect me to get there if I don't know where it is?
A: Get where? The southern Atlantic? Kind of a stupid question.

Q: I meant HaloCustoms.
A: But you're already here... HaloCustoms.com.

Q: What?
A: Hello, welcome.

Q: What are you-? No, the beach, where is it?!
A: Well, it's in the southern Atlantic. I'd say that narrows it down pretty well. There are like, what, six islands there? I dunno, I've never been.

Q: How do you expect us to get to a beach, if we can't find out exactly where to go?
A: I don't understand the question.

Q: This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. This News Post is clearly a joke.
A: I'm sorry, is it April 1st yet? I don't think so. Here at HaloCustoms, we keep our front page content succinct, informative, and professional. So please don't bring your slander here. This is the internet for goodness sake, act reasonable.

Q: What will be the role of this website going forward?
A: HaloCustoms.com will be a tribute site to the beach itself, and a forum based on honoring the grand opening. All donations to this site will be going towards the maintenance and improvement of the beach as time goes on.

Q: Where does discussion about the beach go?
A: There should already be a number of new boards set aside purely for beach discussion. You can talk about sand sculptures, life guards, events, activities, etc. Check it out! Over time, as the beach improves, new boards will be opened up, such as "Water Skiing", "Beach Bullying" and other exciting topics as things improve.
Edit: Due to the surprising number of negative threads and comments posted in the new forums, we have decided to take them down until the time seems right. We understand that not everyone is at fault, but unfortunately an unruly minority have shown that they lack the maturity and understanding to discuss their thoughts in a reasonable manner. I apologize for the inconvenience, and will reopen the new boards when deemed appropriate by the staff.

Q: So, now we have nowhere to discuss the beach. Where can we put the discussion now?
A: Until the boards reopen, we would like to keep the rest of the site focused on Halo, as that is its current purpose. We realize that it is no longer relevant to the beach, but we encourage you all not to mix Beach discussion in the Halo boards, and vice versa. To reflect this, we have added a prohibition to mentioning the words "HaloCustoms Beach" (in any thread but this, of course) to the rules, until the boards have reopened. This site has always been about Halo, and we want to make sure that it continues to be so regardless of the state of the beach.

-The HaloCustoms Staff

You see...when I read "HaloCustoms is now a beach", due to my Northern upbringing, I interpreted that to mean: "HaloCustoms is now a bitch", meaning that the site could be getting to complicated, frustrating, or broken to manage, meaning that this new HaloCustoms could be effectively a cleaner, more polished restart of HaloCustoms. This is my theory, anyways, you are all entitled to your own though.

Reactions: TNTMAN and Tedium