Q&A When a Chin Goes A-Questing

front-page-staff-q&a.png

Hello, and welcome to what is possibly the longest front page article ever written on HaloCustoms. Because the text below comes in such a large quantity, I’ll keep the intro brief. Enjoy reading!

Hey fizkoduk!

1) What is your most memorable gaming experience? All games/platforms.

2) When did you first meet Darth Human and BevansLaw and how did this lead to you becoming part of THFE?

3) Do you worship our lord and savoir the Sexobot9000? Which is also known as "Geth Juggernaut".

1. If I had to boil it down, it would probably fall between three different games of Halo I’ve played. They are described below.

a. The first game was the first time I really got the thrill of driving a warthog in Halo. My friend was over and we were playing the Team Slayer playlist in Halo 3. We got Standoff and quickly proceeded to hop in our ‘hog. I drove and got my buddy a solid 15+ kills on the gun. The next three or four games we played that night were also on Standoff with similar results. I’d used the ‘hog just plenty prior to this, but this was the first time I really began to realize the ‘hog’s potential as a skill vehicle within the Halo sandbox. Much of my love of BTB has come out of this moment.​

b. The second game was played in Reach. Just as the first game involved racking up wheelman medals, so did this one. However, this game was more of a shenanigan-filled shutout than a test of skill as the first game had been. This was a game of Big Bro Slayer on Spire, and I racked up a solid 40 wheelman medals (I believe in a single life) with my friend on the gun. At one point, the score was something like 70-6 with our falcon flying causing our opponents to begin committing suicide. I also accidentally splattered two hostile players this game, one with the underside of the falcon and the other with one of the rotors.​

c. The third game was in our good friend, Halo 4. This was another extreme test of skill involving a warthog. We were playing CTF (don’t worry, we weren’t playing standard H4 settings) on Fuggedaboudit! In an SvC. Shoe and I got in the ‘hog and racked up some kills. I placed the warthog exactly where it needed to be, when it needed to be there and Shoe didn’t miss a shot. This was easily the most effective use of the warthog I’ve ever seen with it effectively locking down our entire half of the map. Of course things would have been different had our opponents coordinated better to take us down, but still. Hella fun.​

2. My first interactions with Darth Human were on ForgeHub. I knew the guy made cool mini games, and I knew he was dissatisfied with the ForgeHub staff. The latter was something we had in common. Let’s put it this way, any beefs you may have with HC staff would pale in comparison with that site’s leadership at the time. At one point after being directly insulted by several staff members and their friends for giving them some perfectly valid feedback on their map which they didn’t want to hear, I became particularly dissatisfied. Fast-forward a month or so and I was talking to AbleSir Thomas (one of two Invasion guys at THFE at the time) about an Invasion project Shoe and I were working on. Then Oakley (who I’d never really talked to before) joined us. Oakley told me that Darth had been nagging him to feature my map: Cargo Port for ages. Then, Darth joined. He was raving about this S-shaped BTB map he had just been playing which happened to be my very own S. A chat followed about how THFE didn’t feature standard competitive maps, and one thing led to another. My wealth of forge knowledge at the time wasn’t the best around, but I did have a wide range of experience. I’d been testing maps on ForgeHub for a good while, and I guess Darth and Oakley believed in me despite my first few commentaries being rather bad. I didn’t have much contact with Bevans Law until a good while later when Oakley and I were talking to him about potentially breaking away from THFE due to reasons which I’d rather not make public. Prior to the discussion with Able, Oakley, and Darth described above, I had little interest in THFE and had never had any inclination to attempt to become a part of it. It’s funny how things change.

3. Frankly, I prefer the SexBot9001, also known as the Alliance Infiltration Unit. But hey, if I actually got the damned Juggernaut some time I’m sure I’d enjoy using it.

1. On the subject of DestinyRaids, 10/10 would staff again? (would you, if given the opportunity, be a staff on DestinyRaids?)

2. Is there a current plan for the future THFE (not to push a touchy subject, but I have been noticing a recent downward trend in uploads). If not, what will you do next?

3. Can we have a HC holiday where you or all the staff speak in Elcor-English? (I’d be willing to start a pole for it or some other holiday if the answer is yes). Also, on a possibly related note, what the crap is sexobot9000?

1. DestinyRaids is something I’ve not thought too much about. Thus far, I have been offered positions at two Destiny community sites as well as a few YouTube channels. Which one I pick, if any, will depend on circumstances which I can’t foresee at this time. I’ve put a hell of a lot of time into the Halo community, and I’d rather just have an opportunity to enjoy playing Destiny without all of the politics and time consumption of being a community leader. We’ll see what happens.

2. There has not been a recent downward trend in THFE uploads. A few months ago, due to several factors including time constraints, quality control, Halo 4’s lack of popularity, and my own sanity, I decided to re-work THFE’s upload schedule. Currently, we publish a new map feature each Tuesday, a throwback feature each Thursday, and a miscellaneous video on Saturdays depending on what we have in our stockpile at the time. My commitment to THFE has not waned, and I couldn’t be happier with our current team. Now that the newer members of that team are warmed up, it’s only gonna get better.

3. I don’t know that Elcor speech is particularly interesting in text format, and I think that my time could probably be better used on things aside from creating an Elcor-theed holiday on a Halo forum, but there’s always room for more Elcor in the universe. We’ll see. The SexBot is the name often given to the Alliance Infiltration Unit character in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. The character is a robot with some serious curves. The SexBot9000 is Snake’s nickname for the Geth Juggernaut.

1. Who are Dax and Dux attacking?

2.Whan wull u guys tart a quizk szcope no szcope tornomant?????

3. Did number 2 count as a question?

1. Dux and Dax are on the Attax. Who are we attaxing? You never know, but we come in the night.

2. Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

3. A wasted question, yes.

1) Can I still by used silverware from you guys? I’m kinda out of used silverware.

2) Where do you have your Ph.D. for Fizkology from?

3) I’m not 12 but I wanna meet XXProSnipesMLG420XX and become a MLF. Can you introduce me?

1. I’m not sure if April Fools jokes are supposed to roll over from year to year or not. However, we do have this large box of used forks sitting around…

2. I suppose it probably came from the university in the Town of Pl0x.

3. You spelled it wrong, it’s “xXProSniepzMLG420Xx”. You gotta pay attention to the details. Also, give me some helium or tie a knot around my testicles and you’ll be able to talk to him whenever you want.

Is Sunday the most inactive day on halo customs, and if yes or no, than what is the most active day.

1. That sounds like a perfect question to ask a Webmaster or admin. Seeing as I am neither of those, I can’t really help you here.

1. If you had developer resources and the skills to use them, describe the BTB map you would create for an ideal Halo game. (Not Halo 4 clearly.)

2. If you could design an anti-vehicular weapon for said game also, what would it be called and how would it work? (Assume the rest of the weapons in the sandbox aren't broken. )

3. If there's not a Warthog in Destiny, can I stand on top of your Shrike with an LMG?

Author’s note: Serious questions?! I thought those went out of style a few posts ago!

1. So an ideal Halo game in terms of BTB would have a warthog which functioned quite similarly to the one in Halo 4. However, players would not spawn with plasma grenades or plasma pistols and the Holy Triumvirate of vehicle counters would be firmly intact. Players would also not possess sprint by default, but would rather possess default ability similar to the thruster pack ability, allowing them to strafe and pull off similar jumps to those which sprint allows for. I’m tempted to say that I would build Panic Attack in a Forernner theme with asymmetrical visual elements for player orientation. Thus far, I can’t think of a better way to create a rich and competitive BTB experience. That said, creating something new would be more fun. My vision involves a sort of asymmetrical map set in, around, and atop skyscrapers in a setting resembling Halo Reach’s Exodus. The map would incorporate ‘hog jumps to create directional flow for vehicles and would also center in one way or another around a player activated switch. Infantry-vehicle interaction would be perfected by balancing travel times, sightlines, and the design of individual areas to cater equally to both infantry and vehicles. The map would be ideal for One Flag CTF and Territories. Visually, the map would be stunning with epic drop-offs beneath the playable space and a skybox not entirely different from Skyline’s. There would be buildings extending far above the playable space as well, creating the sort of epic overhanging structures which remind you you’re playing a Halo game. I couldn’t tell you more than that without actually exploring the tools as my disposal and thinking about a layout for a long while.

2. For some context on this weapon, let me describe my vision for the player loadouts in the game. Loadouts would offer a choice among primary weapons, and secondary weapons. Grenades would be fixed as default frags. Armor abilities and perks would be entirely absent, and remember players would have a thruster ability rather than sprint by default. The primary weapons would be the same offering we currently have in Halo 4 but with auto-aim characteristics of each weapon more refined. Assume these primaries are each balanced to fit within a given niche. There would be three secondary weapons to choose from, being the magnum (no changes here), a machine pistol, and a hand cannon. The magnum would have the longest range of the three and a scope, making it the perfect choice for players using an automatic primary. The machine pistol would be just the opposite, a counterpart for the precision rifles which is best used to strip shields at close range and to be followed up with a headshot from the player’s primary. The hand cannon would have something like a five-shot magazine. It would not be particularly accurate, but would pack a lot of punch, killing players in three shots (don’t worry, the fire rate is slow, kill times would be comparable to precision primaries at close range). This weapon would also offer mild stopping power against vehicles, making it the weapon of choice for players wishing to team-shot or merely deter vehicles before grabbing a power weapon from a key location to take the vehicle down.

3. The answer to this question is yes, independent of the inclusion or lack thereof of a two-man ‘hog-esque vehicle in Destiny. Mong-hogging is always the answer, Shoe. Still, having a ‘hog would be nice too.

I. On a scale of 55.23 to e^55.23, how excited are you for BattlefrontIII?

III. Thoughts on the movie Frozen: Yay or nay?

IV. Do you prefer roman numerals for numbering things or regular ol’ numbers?

1. You know, I actually forgot that Battlefront III was going to be a thing. This is a game I would have been incredibly excited for eight or nine years ago. My excitement about new games has waned with age, but I am definitely intrigued by the announcement of this game as well as the fact that it’s being developed by Dice. More details on the game would be needed before I could give a straight answer. Way to attempt to devise an unnecessarily complicated rating scale.

2. I haven’t seen it, but my sister’s renditions of some of the songs from the film have been quite obnoxious.

3. While Roman numerals had their day and still have their uses, the Arabic-Indic number system used throughout the world today is decidedly more efficient. A positional decimal system is superior in terms of its uses in mathematics and its comparative simplicity when referring to large numbers.

1. Can u plz promote halowatcher on thfe, phil?? Thx 4 listenin

2. ur kdr and csr in team snipers??

3. Preferred BRs of choice in your order: H2 Battle Rifle, H3 Battle Rifle, or H4 Battle Rifle? Reasons why they’re in this order, if any?

1. Phil’s actually not in good shape at the moment. His diet of energy drinks and crack cocaine seems to have not been the healthiest of choices. Still, I’m sure he’d be happy to promote the HaloWatcher if he was promised vast sums of views and the money and satisfaction from doing so. After all, Phil lives for nothing but views and money with no thoughts given to actually providing his viewers with quality content. Phil doesn’t have anything to do with THFE, though.

2. Seeing as I have played a whopping zero games in the Team Snipers playlist, I suppose the answer to each part of the question could be seen either as “zero” or “n/a”. Take your pick.

3. Halo 4’s Battle Rifle is clearly the most visually appealing of the bunch, but sadly it’s only in Halo 4. Halo 3 was plagued by netcode issues despite being an incredible game by all other accounts. I don’t remember the exact qualities of the Halo 2 BR off the top of my head. So, I guess it’s a bit of a toss-up.

1. Do you remember the first map we played a 2vs2 on duck? (hint it was with redy93 back in Reach, one of the features on THFE)

2. Who is the The Psycho Duck? (Tell me something about you that would interest us that we didn’t already know)

3. What was your first map/game-type and on what game “H2, H3…” . (link to thread if there is one.)

1. Without the hint about it being a map I featured, I would have had no idea. However, after reviewing some footage the map in question would appear to be The Knowing by Xinshu. Thank you for making me revisit my old videos to answer this. My commentaries and freecam footage from that era make me cringe.

2. So, you want a fun fact about me, eh? Let’s go with my love for music. Music is a really important part of my life, and I am a big fan or a variety of meaningful and well-crafted toons. I play guitar and have recently begun teaching myself piano as well. Some of my favorite bands include Dream Theater, Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd, Rush, and Metallica. I also enjoy Muse, Porcupine Tree, Queens of the Stone Age, Pantera, Animals as Leaders, Styx, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Coldplay, and many others.

3. I would have assumed that this question was asking what the first map I made in a Halo game was and what mode(s) it was designed for. However, your inclusion of Halo 2 among the list of options made me question that given Halo 2’s lack of a map editing tool. So, are you instead asking what map and game type I played the first time I ever played Halo? If so, then it was probably part of a campaign mission on Halo CE in co-op. The first multiplayer map I played in a Halo game must have been Blood Gulch, most likely on Slayer. This would have been close to ten years ago now.

Already, question time!!!

1. Is there any other ducks out there?

5. Did you know I skipped questions 2, 3, and 4?

10000. Did you noticed that I skipped questions again?

1. You mean “are there any other ducks out there”? Why yes, while I can’t give you exact numbers of the Earth’s current duck population, I would imagine it numbers somewhere in the millions. If, however, you’re asking if there are other webbed-footed fellows in the Halo community, I would draw your attention to petetheduck and AbsentDuck. I’m sure there are others as well.

2. In fact, I did know that. Your creativity and wit are simply astounding. The only thing I could compare them to would be your ability to waste an opportunity to ask something useful, interesting, or actually witty.

3. Wow! Even more creativity. I did, in fact, notice yet again.

1. What other animal would you be other than a duck?

2. can u feeture my minigame that friend made he want it on youtube and download link in my fileshare also, where's oakley?

3. What do you think is the most important thing to remember when making a 2v2 or 4v4 map?

1. If I had to pick any animal to be, it would likely be a human. Seeing as I already am one, I suppose that’s a boring answer. Instead, I would have to go with a sea otter because I would be so cute that my life would be complete.

2. No. Oakley is merely exploring other interests due to a combination of a lack of interest in Halo 4 and an increase in demands on his time from other sources. Fun fact: Oakley kept the channel running smoothly a few weeks ago when I was gone on vacation. I bet you didn’t even notice.

3. The most important thing to remember when making a 2v2 or 4v4 map is likely the fact that you are making a 2v2 or 4v4 map. If you don’t remember that, your map is bound to turn out rather poorly. Aside from that, it is always important to remember where your towel is. If you are already a frood who knows where his towel is, the most important thing to remember is arguably the following. Just about anyone could make a balanced 2v2 or 4v4 map, what makes a map stand out is the creation of an experience. Adding in elements which force players to work together and try new strategies will add depth to your map, effectively creating a learning curve. The inclusion of multi-purpose geometry is an important part of this, with objects and areas taking on different functions in different scenarios. Elements of a map which serve only one purpose have no depth; try to think about creating geometry which creates depth. Of course, keeping in mind which specific game types you’re designing for is also important, and the list goes on and on.

Last edited:
1. In your opinion, what is the most important aspect/the most difficult problem to overcome when building a BTB map as opposed to a smaller map? (sightlines, vehicles paths, size, etc)

2. Which map of yours do you consider the most successful (besides Panic Attack), and why do you think so?

3. What is your opinion of the current state of the Halo community (lulz) and what do you feel needs to be changed the most?

P.S. Your gamertag is stupid.

1. BTB is all about the interaction between infantry and vehicles. Like I said in response to Zandril’s question, just about anyone can make a map which balances infantry and vehicles. However, the key is in the interaction between the two, not just ensuring that neither overpowers the other. This interaction can be achieved in several ways, but having areas on a map which cater specifically to one or the other is not one of them. The more of a map which is open to both infantry and vehicles (with some exceptions such as the bases), the better. Many forgers include vertical gameplay for infantry while relegating vehicles to a single vertical level, often at the bottom of a map. To create quality infantry-vehicle interaction, both groups need to be presented with both lateral and vertical movement options. Balancing travel times across the map (both laterally and vertically) between the two groups is also important.

2. Success is a relative concept, but my personal favorite map I’ve made behind Panic Attack would have to be Bunker Hill from back in Reach. This map was very unique and provided excellent experience for Territories. The design of the bunker structure forced teams to constantly be attentive and on the move, changing their attack or defense plans on the fly.

3. Obviously the developer’s choice to attempt to satisfy a new audience (and subsequent failure to do so) and to effectively screw over Halo’s fanbase in the process has led to many problems for the community. However, if half the people that stopped playing the game because it is “dead” had kept with it, it wouldn’t be dead in the first place. Rather than mope around and complain about how there’s no lobbies going on, people should host lobbies.

P.S. You don’t have nearly as big an audience to witness that statement as I had when I said the same thing about you. I win.

1. Do you wanna play a Slender map I made? I swear it’s different from the rest of them. I used more trees.

2. What’s it like to be a MLF?

3. Can you guys stop featuring so many flood maps on your channel? It’s getting really annoying.

1. No.

2. It’s awesome.

3. No. If we did, everyone would complain that we didn’t feature enough Flood maps.

1. Can I has food?

2. Can you feature more flood maps on your channel?

3. Can you give some more clothing for my cube?

1. Probably, however I will not be the one giving it to you.

2. No. If we did, everyone would complain that we didn’t feature enough Flood maps.

3. Probably, however I won’t.

1. You’ve seen the YouTube community over the past years that THFE has been active. What are your observations in the past + present, and expectations for the future?

2. What’s your advice for Competitive forgers, looking to make the “next big thing”?

3. You’d best explain you’re experience with... The Pancake.

“Several failed BTB concepts later, and I created Waffle Sauce (it was originally called Pancake Dressing, but then I had my traumatizing experience with a Pancake and changed the name).

1. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

2. Innovation is hardly something you can put in a bottle. Making the next thing could be as simple as stumbling upon it by accident, or as arduous as pulling it off after years of experimentation. My advice is to buy into the concept of “failing forward”. Try new and crazy things. When they fail, learn from them. When they don’t fail, learn from them. Forging is about learning and improving. I have also found that going out of one’s way to make the next big thing and actually making the next thing are almost but not quite mutually exclusive.

3. I am tempted to not answer this question due to your use of the contraction “you’re” in place of the word “your”. However, I suppose it’s finally time I let the cat out of the bag. In my sophomore year of college, my roommate was a fellow with the surname of Pancake. He was an arrogant and inconsiderate bigot who began spreading false rumors about me to his “friends”. When I rightfully denied his claims he got in my face and began making violent threats in addition to his verbal insults. This was at something like 3 o’clock in the morning when I was lying in bed trying to sleep. Not feeling safe, much less comfortable, I spent the following week sleeping on friends’ floors and living out of a backpack while university housing took its leisure finding me a new place to live. It was not an enjoyable week, and the stress of being constantly on the move at the time later caused my laptop hard drive to crash. My year was off to a bad start and the remainder of it was not as much of an improvement as I would have hoped.

1. Do you believe in real aliens and if so, will they arrive friendly or hostile?

2. What do you think of “3D printers” (In the future probably able to “print” meat(no factory farming anymore) and general food) ?

3. How long will it take before mankind sink into total chaos because of climate catastrophes, wars and lack of resources?

1. This is what is known as a double-barreled question, meaning it is a two-part question which assumes that an affirmative answer to one part guarantees an affirmative answer to the other. Given the vastness of the observable universe, the chances of there not being life forms of some sort on a planet or satellite aside from our own are effectively zero. However, the existence of alien life forms does not guarantee their arrival on Earth. Furthermore, the chances of these life forms being similar enough to us to be able to communicate with us are also rather slim. Of other animal species on our own planet, we do not deem any to be consistently friendly or hostile because they are not similar enough to us to be deemed so. These are species which evolved from the same basic organisms we did and are likely to be much more similar to us than any alien life form. Do you consider plankton to be friendly or hostile?

2. As someone with experience in the field of take-away machining, I find the process of additive machining quite intriguing. The possibilities yielded by such technology are staggering.

3. If I had access to information of this sort, I would be immeasurably rich. I do, however, subscribe to Paul Krugman’s standpoint on the issue. The uncertainty of the future would suggest that taking steps to ensure the best possible future now would be in our best interest.

1. If you absolutely had to marry another member of the staff, who would it be and give specific reasons why? (No cheating, that’s boring)

2. If I was your brother, what would you do?

3. Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?

(Oh look, I took part in a thread)

1. As far as I know, all other staff members on HaloCustoms are male. Seeing as I am a heterosexual male myself, I would never choose to marry a single one of them. However, for the sake of your question, my pick would probably be Dax. That way, we could be forever on the attax as long as we both shall live.

2. I would likely take steps to convince you to see a counselor in order to alleviate your addictions to pornography, anime, and all combinations of the two.

3. That would depend entirely on what “it” is.

A: What map are you the absolute oistest proudestest of? (That you have made (Yes it can be a co-forge (any halo, any gametype (with diagrams and a joke))))

4÷2) What is you favourite Halo game, bar Halo 3? And why?

The other one: What tips would you give a forger who wanted to be as MLF as you?;)

P.S. Hi :3

1. Of all the maps I have designed in Halo, the one I am most proud of currently is without a doubt Panic Attack. This map not only greatly moved me forward as a designer, but blazed new trails in the area of competitive map design in terms of the map’s incorporation of vehicles. If by “a diagram”, you mean an overview of the map, you will find one below.

panic-attack.png

And here is your joke: What is green and has wheels?
Grass, I lied about the wheels.

2. Behind Halo 3, my favorite would have to be Halo: Reach. There is no doubt that Reach’s sandbox design was plagued by several issues, however the game’s unparalleled offering of forging and custom games options mostly made up for it in my eyes. Reach was the game that got me involved in the Halo community.

3. The first step would be for them to change their service tags to “MLF”. Beyond that, I cannot divulge trade secrets.

P.S. Hi there.

1. Are you truly a psycho?

2. What kind of duck are you?

3. What happened to RLD Hottamale?

1. No.

2. The kind that isn’t actually a duck.

3. RLD was incredibly unreliable. We did not work well together due to his immaturity, and he would often go out of contact with myself and other channel personnel for months on end. I believe he has at this point lost most of his interest in Halo, largely due to the proverbial middle finger the developer gave to his part of the forging and customs community. I must confess my severe lack of disappointment in his departure.

What is your opinion on the blobfish?

Rumor has it a new group is being created, “Floner”, that wants to overtake MLF. How do you feel about that?

What is your favorite gametype from Halo? (if BTB, pick 2nd favorite)

1. It looks funny.

2. Seeing as this new group is likely headed by Zandril, I can only assume that it is a complete joke. MLFs are vastly superior.

3. Seeing as BTB is not a gametype, and is a title given to a collection of game types played with larger player counts, your question fails. However, my two favorite gametypes in the history of Halo would have to be One Flag CTF and asymmetrical Territories. Conveniently enough, both of these modes are absent from Halo 4.

1. Do Dax and Dux fux?

2. Are you cheating on me?

3. WAS MY VALENTINE’S DAY PRESENT NOT SPECIAL ENOUGH FOR YOU?

1. Not particularly, no.

2. o_O

3. Actually, your “present” was easily the coolest thing I saw on Valentine’s Day this year. It was quite spectacular.

If your username could have nothing to do with ducks, what would it be?

1. If I could have no mention of, or relation to ducks in my username, I would likely use the name given to me by a previous member of HaloCustoms: Psycho Dick.

1. Since you are a staff member and are a big part of this site, could you make leaving a review for every rating compulsory? I've seen too many maps get one to three stars without rhyme or reason given for the, well, bad rating. Though none of my maps have encountered this, I could imagine the forger's frustration when receiving a bad rating without feedback.

2. Is Oakley Hidef ever coming back?

3. When will you answer these questions?

That's about it. Thanks!

1. It looks like Zandril has already pointed you in the direction of an answer to this query. This is something which is still being discussed by staff and has the potential to change (and may have by the time you read this).

2. See my response to Zandril’s question above. It is entirely possible that Oakley will return in some capacity in the future. Nothing is officially planned in regards to this, though, so I’ll avoid giving a definitive answer to ensure that I don’t have to go back on my word later. In other words, we shall see.

3. That is a rather stupid question seeing as you won’t see the answer to it until the answers are posted, thus defeating its purpose. The answer is “right now”.

1. If you could have any BTB custom map (yours or someone elses) become a Cartographer created map (eg Valhalla, Exile) which one would it be and why?

2. How does one obtain a Ph.D. in Fizkology without being a duck or psycho?

3. What are your plans for your future? Career, degree, where you wish to live, what you will have for breakfast tomorrow?

1. You seem to not understand what the role of a Cartographer is. The Community Cartographers are a group of forgers from around the Halo community with different backgrounds who act as an extension of 343i’s internal matchmaking sustain team. The term you are looking for is “dev map”, a map created in-house by the developer rather than a map created in forge. If there was a 6v6 playlist in matchmaking with competitive settings, I think that Panic Attack would be a prime candidate as a dev map. Generally speaking, though, converting a forge map into a dev map would be rather silly. If the map can be built in forge, building it as a dev map would be a bit redundant. Rather, building a map with Halo game’s developer tools would be a great opportunity to realize a concept which couldn’t be adequately realized in forge.

2. They don’t, they would be shit out of luck.

3. I am currently completing a degree in business management and strategic leadership with a focus on human resources management and a minor in finance. My career is likely to involve managing the family business, but if I could turn one of my other skills (art, music, design) into a career, I would give it a shot. If I follow the former career path, I’ll be continuing to live in northern Ohio. If I have an opportunity to follow the latter, I have no idea where I’ll end up. British Columbia and the north western United States both hold appeal to me. I rarely eat breakfast, but Kroger had a buy one-get one free deal on chocolate donuts so breakfast tomorrow is a no-brainer.

1. can u askz xXPR0SN1EPZMLG420Xx if he r 1v1 me cuz i r leftz coummentz @ the youtubez but no 1 rezponez and i r straitings thinkz he r coweardz and MLF needz a betturz leederz and i thikz i r the rite gai 4 thatz btw it wudz be rly awsim if u r future meh on thfe maebe evun future teh 1v1 kthxbai btw mai gamurtagz r xX1337SnipinUrFazeLegitMLGPROXx

2. Who is The Phycho Duck? Is it a Psyduck from Pokémon or is it just a duck with some kind of mental disease?

3. Is there anybody from anywhere or anything you just want to hit in the face and in what situation?

1. No.

2. I’m not sure who “The Phycho Duck” is. However, I can tell you that the moniker “Psychoduck” bears no resemblance to any Pokémon

3. Yes, I want to hit in the face anyone who asks stupid questions.

1. What's your most memorable plate of hot wings? (come on, everyone's got one)

2. How does being such a well known community figure affect your life? Has it impacted you in any specific ways, or altered any views in any way. I could have worded this better, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

3. Co-forge a 1v1 with me.

1. Wow, that’s a tough one. I’m gonna bend your rules a tad and describe my best experience eating wings despite them not being on a plate. This winter, I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with a friend on a Thursday. This meant that we could get boneless wings for cheap. We decided to get ten each of four different flavors. We got honey BBQ (a personal favorite of mine), the obligatory buffalo flavor, teriyaki, and a flavor called Jammin’ Jalapeno. All flavors were great, but the latter was particularly delicious. These wings had just enough of a kick to be fun, but also had a very unique and tasty flavor. The best part is, my friend let me keep all of the leftovers. Don’t worry; it was her fault that there were leftovers in the first place, not mine.

2. My participation in the Halo community does not directly affect other parts of my life, however it does have many indirect effects. First of all, I put a lot of time into the Halo community, so juggling that on top of my other responsibilities can be tough at times. This has, however, resulted in me building some great time management skills. The thought processes I apply to design in forge maps have begun to be applied to other aspects of my life and other skills I have gained from participating in the Halo community have become applicable elsewhere as well. To go into more depth than that would be an exploration of causality which is a rather tiring subject.

3. This is not a question. If I could spend less of my time helping Zandril with his forge projects and more time working on my own, I probably would have forged a 1v1 map by now. It’s something I’ve considered on numerous occasions in the past. Co-forge with you? No thanks; if I’m going to delve into 1v1 design I’m going to do so on my own.

1. What's the origin of Professioduck?

2. Why'd you leave da TG?

3. How much dumpster is too much dumpster?

1. Professioduck became Professional in response to a question I was asked by Sarge during an interview for the ForgeHub front page a few years back.

2. Well, let’s see. The TG had become obsolete with too few contributors to be effective. The setup of the service did not guarantee that users received quality feedback. My time was better spent at THFE (which was quite a time commitment, even then). Lastly, I was really getting fed up with the awful leadership on the site at the time.

3. Apparently there can never be too much dumpster given that half of the forge community has spent the last six years attempting to mimick OnSaLot.

And that’s all I’ve got. Thanks to those of you who asked good questions, I’ll try to get Dax to award you with Srs Bzns trophies soon.

Last edited:
”Great Mist said:
1. Can I has food?

2. Can you feature more flood maps on your channel?

3. Can you give some more clothing for my cube?

1. Probably, however I will not be the one giving it to you.

2. No. If we did, everyone would complain that we didn’t feature enough Flood maps.

3. Probably, however I won’t.

People would complain you didn't feature enough flood maps if you featured more flood maps? Logic?

My vision involves a sort of asymmetrical map set in, around, and atop skyscrapers in a setting resembling Halo Reach’s Exodus.

Skyscrapers huh? Fascinating...

Reactions: Psychoduck
1. You mean “are there any other ducks out there”? Why yes, while I can’t give you exact numbers of the Earth’s current duck population, I would imagine it numbers somewhere in the millions. If, however, you’re asking if there are other webbed-footed fellows in the Halo community, I would draw your attention to petetheduck and AbsentDuck. I’m sure there are others as well.

2. In fact, I did know that. Your creativity and wit are simply astounding. The only thing I could compare them to would be your ability to waste an opportunity to ask something useful, interesting, or actually witty.

3. Wow! Even more creativity. I did, in fact, notice yet again.
upload_2014-4-14_15-52-13.jpeg

Reactions: General Sarbina
People would complain you didn't feature enough flood maps if you featured more flood maps? Logic?
Sure, here's some.

If THFE featured more flood maps, we would quickly run out because the pool of quality flood maps in Halo 4 is relatively low to say the least. If we featured flood maps more frequently than we do now, the pool would quickly run dry before Halo 5's release, more or less.

3. That is a rather stupid question seeing as you won’t see the answer to it until the answers are posted, thus defeating its purpose. The answer is "right now".

You see, it's a intelligently stupid question. "right now" is not the correct answer because "right now" is relative. You answered the question before "right now".

To get the correct answer, you must state the exact date and time you have answered my question, which by the time you have finished writing it, would have changed. Therefore, you will never get the answer correct.

Ah, but there's a way around this, if you can time your post such that your answer reflects the exact time of the post, then your answer will be correct, in a sense.
;)

Last edited:
In addition to the point Debs brought up on this issue, the reasoning for my statement was rather simple. No matter how well-balanced our uploads are, there will always be people complaining that they're getting too much of one thing or not enough of another. You see this in more or less all aspects of life.
These are This is not the droids you are answer I was looking for.

(I totally agree though.)​
I really think that quote sums up my thoughts better than any wall of text would.
You see, it's a intelligently stupid question. "right now" is not the correct answer because "right now" is relative. You answered the question before "right now".

To get the correct answer, you must state the exact date and time you have answered my question, which by the time you have finished writing it, would have changed. Therefore, you will never get the answer correct.

Ah, but there's a way around this, if you can time your post such that your answer reflects the exact time of the post, then your answer will be correct, in a sense.
;)
Ah, a fair point. Perhaps if the question had not been so pointless to begin with, I would have put more thought into it and avoided making that mistake.
I spent way too much time trying to figure out the meaning of this thread's title. Bravo, Duck.
Did you figure it out in the end?
Duck listens to Animals as Leaders? I didn't think you were into anything like this. Hmm maybe I can sway you to some other bands like this.

I listen to progressive metal, why would I not like Animals as Leaders? Tosin Abasi is the man.

In addition to the point Debs brought up on this issue, the reasoning for my statement was rather simple. No matter how well-balanced our uploads are, there will always be people complaining that they're getting too much of one thing or not enough of another. You see this in more or less all aspects of life.

It just seemed contradicting to me, thats why i asked

I really think that quote sums up my thoughts better than any wall of text would.

Ah, a fair point. Perhaps if the question had not been so pointless to begin with, I would have put more thought into it and avoided making that mistake.

Did you figure it out in the end?

I listen to progressive metal, why would I not like Animals as Leaders? Tosin Abasi is the man.

Duck so meta, he answers questions about questions he already answered. Also, if The Psycho Dick doesn't work out, how's about MallarD-icktion :y: