[Apr 7, 2013] Late Night With Nondual! (Big Team Objective in Awesometown) (o Nondual o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nondual

Be in the Now
Competitive maps and gametypes! But we don't take the competition that seriously. We're all about fun!

Sorry No Flood or Minigames though.*

What we play is similar to matchmaking, but with different twists to make things fresh, balanced, and above all more exciting! Usually there's lots of vehicles and hence EXPLOSIONS!

We play a mixture of maps and gametype's my friends and I have made, as well as what people in the lobby want to play. Usually this is a combination of forged maps, and custom gametypes on the default maps.

Here is a more in depth look at some of the our settings:

(You don’t have to read all of this, it’s just here in case you want moar info)

-Gift Giver on Rat’s Nest (Amazing remake by Kazeroid) “Gift Giver” is a very fast paced game of KOTH. Where players are given a little damage resistance in the hill and the more players in the hill the faster the team gets points (like always.) This really encourages players to rush hill and this results in amazingly crazy awesomeness. Much like our Halo 3 version of this.

-Mantis Hoppers: 16 Mantises, 7 Rocket Warhogs as hills for KOTH, 40 Mancannons (yes this is modded) and a teleport grid beneath this vehicle arena map that shoots the vehicle back onto it from as high as possible. Need. I. Say. More.

-Rat Race By Vincent Torre This plays all gametypes well, we especially like it for Oddball and Mongoose KOTH.

-Abandon 1 Flag. How awesome would it have been if the game had ACTUALLY come with 1 flag?! Luckily we can make 1 flag work perfectly by having two rounds and having one flag be inaccessible.

-Complex Ghosts. I know that a lot of players don’t like this map, but I feel like it’s mostly because setting aren’t that great. This setting has 16 Ghosts and we play King of the hill where each hill is optimized for said ghosts. Players also start with anti ghost weapons like hammers, railguns. We’ve played quite a few games of this and everyone always seems to really like it.

-Complex 1 Flag. I’ve rotated the map so that the defensive base is the big symetrical structure right in the middle of the map. And the Attackers spawn all around the outside. There’s also 6 mancannons that really help players move around the map awesomstyle! It needs more testing, but it should be a lot of fun.

-Complex KOTH. Same awesome mancannon system as above, and I’ve optimized each of the hills fit the map better. Hill movement is sequential, and the more players in the hill the more points the team gets. This always make KOTH way more fun that in matchmaking.

-Eroded (a simple map that mostly uses the natural geometry of the main part of Erosion) Set up for 1 flag and Asymmetrical Extraction. Lot’s of weapons and vehicles. Initial playtest have gone pretty well.

-Exile Balance. Each base has a rocket hog, instead of horrible imbalance 1 gauss and 1 regular. CTF is really fun on this, since it doesn’t exist in matchmaking.

-Exile Rocket HOG KOTH. KING OF THE HILL WHERE THE HILLS ARE ROCKET HOGS?! YES PLEASE!

-Haven Goose KOTH Even though every other game in matchmaking seems like it’s on Haven, playing king of the hill with several mongooses as the hill makes this map surprisingly fresh.

-Relay 7 The default relay map with mancannons to help with movement. Mancannons, mancannons on everything! Lol.

-Longbow CTF. Oh god, this plays so awesome already. A scorpion, mantis, 2 rocket hogs, 2 ghosts, 2 mongooses, FOR EACH TEAM! And a scrumptious pallet of power weapons to balance everything out, this is the way CTF was meant to be played on this map! Oh yeah, did I mention mancannons?! There is a system of 6 that help infantry move around very quickly. AND THE FLAGS ARE ACTUALLY IN THE BASES!

-Meltdown KOTH Race. A very fast paced king of the hill setting with tons of vehicles and players are given the gift of overshields when they’re in the hill. This has been a ton of fun so far.

-Meltdown CTF. Simply give each team a Rocket hog, tweak the initial ordinances so they respawn and viola! You get something that plays completely awesome and again, isn’t in matchamking.

-Complete Meltdown. EACH TEAM HAS 10 MANTISES! AND THEY FIGHT FOR HILL IN THE CENTER OF THE MAP! This still needs more testing, but it should be pretty fun.

-Ragnarok Rumble. Always one of the highlights of the night. Each team has 4 mantises, 4 gauss warthogs, and a couple banshees, ghosts, and wraiths, then they fight for control of the moving hill in the center of the map. There’s also mancannons (of course) to help the mantises move around more quickly, and scorpion in the center open area that also can take the mancannons. We have arrived at awesome town ladies and gentlemen.

-Vortex CTF. Again I’ve given each team more vehicles in the way of a wraiths, rocket hogs, ghosts and mongooses. Re-spawning power weapons, and the usual couple extra mancannons make this map play really well. Moar tests needed!

-Vortex 1 Flag. The same thing as above, just 1 flag style!

* if you read through the spoiler you'll see some of the stuff we play does blur the line of competitive and mini-games. For example Mongoose KOTH (were mongooses are the Hills) and Ragnarok rumble (where each team has 4 mantises and 4 Gauss warthogs.) Players always have infinite lives though, and maps have a variety of movement options (No one narrow path or hallway.)

Here's some highlights from the recap thread

Here's footage of previous sessions if you would like more of an exact idea:

http://www.twitch.tv/short_bizzle

HOW TO JOIN:
Just send me the message "plz inv." I'll get you in as soon as I can, but usually we have quite a few people show up from the Casually Competitive Group, so games are pretty full. But there should be a couple of open spots as the night goes on. We usually cap the party at 12 people, but if the connections are good, we may open it up to 16.

Members of Casually Competitive Customs get priority. But it's easy to join, just go over to the group and click "like." (And dropping comments everywhere and liking stuff doesn't hurt either.:essias: )

PLEASE ONLY SEND ME ONE MESSAGE ON XBL! If you have questions post below in this thread. It takes too long to check messages sent to me on Xbox Live while games are going (yes seconds matter, lol) I will have this thread open while the games are going, I can answer questions much more quickly here. I will also post updates with how many people are in the party and if we’re looking for more.

Having a mic, and being funny is encouraged, but not required. (If being funny was always required, I’d have to kick myself out most of the time.)

There is an age limit. Players need to act and sound like they are at least around 17 years old. Most of the guys we game with are in their 20's to 30 and we just prefer gaming with people older than this. Sorry youngsters! (However, if you don’t have a mic, and always listen to what you’re suppose to be doing, then no one would know how old you were : )

Above all, I'm all about having fun in a constructive, polite and sometimes drunk environment (usually things are pretty ridiculous.)
:titmar:

images

Inmature mature gamer?

Reactions: Nondual

Nondual

Be in the Now
Yeah Twitch needs a little redesign in my opinion, but watev. You have to actually click on his name, and then click "highlights" or "past brodcasts." But better yet I'll just send you a link to our last session together: http://www.twitch.tv/short_bizzle/b/383694457 Lol, no one HAS to watch this, I just thought some people might like to. At any rate . . . I got this new mic, and I didn't realize how sensitive it is, and i was eating chips like, half the time, and . . . I'm never doing that again . . . blehgg. . .

Gildersneeze

Novice
Apr 1, 2013
S. Bizzle gonna get T. Bizzled, that's F. Shizzle!

Oh, wait. Mature. Right. Got it.

I do say, Mister Bizzle; there's a much larger than non-zero likelihood that I shall have to perform celebratory activities nearby your recently deceased earthly remains should I be the one who dispatches you! Stiff upper lip, though, old boy! It's all in good fun!

*sips tea*

Status
Not open for further replies.