Gaming Getting a Xbox One for Halo 5|the New Xbox 360

0IAH

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
STL
I am sure most of you have heard about the new Xbox One that is coming out -- Halo 5 will be released exclusively for it too. It is clear to say that I am getting the Xbox One pretty much just for Halo 5. How many of you are probably going to do the same?

Besides that, why do you guys think Microsoft made a new 360? I don't see a point in it at all!!! Mostly for me because --why would I want to get the new 360 if it works very similarly to the previous 360? & it won't have halo 5 on it!!

lol ...microsoft just doesn't make sense to me lately

What are your opinions on Microsoft's latest announcements?

Reactions: SOLIDSNAKEee

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
I think the xbox 1 is very polarizing to the xbox fanbase and they screwed up by not gettjng more exclusives, ill probabky end up getting a ps4. If destiny was an xbox exclusive I woukd get the xbox 1. The always online and no used gamds is ridiculous

Reactions: NinetysBorn

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
The 360 is over 8 (?) years old, its time for a new console. The way it works is always that processing power of a new console isn't really realized, then realized, then abused. So the last games of the old-gen are often almost the same as the first games of the new-gen, that's just how it works:
1105739961.jpg

I like what the One offers, but its priced way too high and without enough exclusives, I'm afraid Sony's got it in the bag. TV integration is great, but then they priced it at $500, which is simply too much for an all-in-one device. It seems like MS is kinda thrashing around putting ideas into their console, and they need to focus up and think about what people want. Me, I want an all-in-one device that truly connects my home entertainment, and intuitively plays Netflix and Hulu, and puts this all into one integrated system. It looks like they did that well, but then they overpriced it, so...

Anyway, 24 hour internet checkin is totally fine with me (assuming their servers don't go down, in which case I expect free games), and so is the always on/required kinect (though I don't see the need for this one). In the end its going to come down to if MS got too greedy or not. If my dash is still full of ads and stuff like that, I'm starting to get disuaded. If this means that I have a really intuitive, simple, clean interface to centralize my TV, Netflix, Hulu, gaming, etc, then it's a buy from me.

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
Regardless of what the one has to offer, I'm not considering buying it anytime soon. All the upgrades are awesome, but it's still a video game console. I'm not buying a video game console for $500. If anything, I'm just going to buy the limited edition Halo Xbox One when Halo 5 is launched.

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
Regardless of what the one has to offer, I'm not considering buying it anytime soon. All the upgrades are awesome, but it's still a video game console. I'm not buying a video game console for $500. If anything, I'm just going to buy the limited edition Halo Xbox One when Halo 5 is launched.
Yeah, this plus all the issues that are bound to arise.

Reactions: NinetysBorn

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
Once MS sees that their new console is failing, they'll most likely release a new version that fixes a lot of the problems people are complaining about. Only then will I get the next Xbox

Reactions: 0IAH

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
I'm happy about the one, but the price is steep. I am personally happy about the fact you have to connect and verify games, it might stop stupid shit like this, but the window to play does next a bump(around 1 week would be ideal). Xbox has the better exclusives(imo) and I already have a 2 next to my gamertag, I won't be losing that.

P.S. The Kinect doesn't bother me I'll probably turn it around and just use the voice commands.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Once MS sees that their new console is failing, they'll most likely release a new version that fixes a lot of the problems people are complaining about. Only then will I get the next Xbox
'

Yeah... they will... oh wait... THEY JUST DID!

They reversed their Bullshit policies, because no one was pre-ordered the consoles!

Feb 1, 2013
Australia

thats what im doing also they made the new 360 for those who couldnt pay 600 for the xbox one

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
For those of you who don't know. There is no 24 hour online check anymore. You can also sell and share hard copies of the games. You can probably turn kinect off too. Anyway, bottom line is I have to own Halo 5. So I will be getting the Xbox one. It doesn't seem near as bad now that they reversed their policies.