dark lighting effect.

EclipticBlade

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
I have been thinking about making a infection or competitive map on forge with the dark effect used on slender. The problem is I don't know how and I haven't been able to find out how. If anyone could share with me how to accomplish.this task I would be grateful.

Stupid

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Canada
Most likely some combination of the Special Effects (Found under Gadgets) was used. Play around with different combinations yourself and see what suits your needs.

EclipticBlade

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
I've tried that but without success. Its possible I am just failing and not trying the right one though.
Sorry for the late reply I've been busy.

Shiralai

Emoticon Guru
Jan 13, 2013
Juicy and Colorblind make the shadows REALLY dark, that's probably what I'd use...
what I found to be good. The reason why its so dark is due to the rock color and location the original forger used. He used the rocks given to add to the darkness effect.

corduroyCHUCK

Master
Dec 28, 2012
Michigan
Juicy and Colorblind make the shadows REALLY dark, that's probably what I'd use...
yeah this is how the dark maps do it,

it's not perfect, but i've found the best way to darken up maps is to have bits of the dynamic lighting shining onto the floor and walls. for some reason, if theres bright light shining onto the floor in front of you it darkens out the rest of the screen even more. dominion shields and other energy-made pieces also wash out the rest of the screen in darkness

iForge

Qualified
Jan 16, 2013
K-mart

it's not perfect, but i've found the best way to darken up maps is to have bits of the dynamic lighting shining onto the floor and walls. for some reason, if theres bright light shining onto the floor in front of you it darkens out the rest of the screen even more. dominion shields and other energy-made pieces also wash out the rest of the screen in darkness

You're correct about the dynamic lighting making things appear lighter/darker depending on what you're looking at; I think your Spartan's helmet polarizes depending on what you're looking at, so it could make some areas look darker.

EclipticBlade

Novice
Jan 10, 2013

it could also be that the room just seems darker by comparison with the lighting but it could be either way.