Search and destroy base gametype?

HYPURRR

Novice
Mar 4, 2013
I was wondering if anyone also shared an idea of a Search and Destroy gametype? I had an idea with extraction multi-site, 4v4, 1 life only. I know its pretty much ripping off cod but with halo's game mechanics like shields, it could be a very competitive gametype that forces you to work as a team and stay alive as long as you can. If anyone knows if there is something like this, PM me! The 1 life could be altered to like only 3 lives per round to make it a little more challenging. Just a thought!

Reactions: eLantern

HYPURRR

Novice
Mar 4, 2013
It doesnt have to be modded. extraction multi-site should have everything we need in the gametype. I hope this gets done. I feel like it could be a fun gametype.

Sam The Great

Master
Jan 9, 2013
United States
Well one thing that you can't do is have slayer scoring in the objective gametypes. But through modding, that can be be an option, so we can have gametypes like CTF Slayer. I'm thinking Speedflag Slayer would be ideal.

eLantern

Adept
Sep 24, 2013
WI
I've wondered about it Hypurrr and also thought that the Extraction game-type would work well for it; though, I suppose custom maps would need to be constructed that would allow for the ideal gameplay... also do you think it would be better if players had no-shields?

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
also do you think it would be better if players had no-shields?
You'd basically need shields. People are used to the damage tables in Halo 4, and CoD also has health recovery. If you want to, you can make the shield recharge wait really fast, then have the rate of recharge slow. Kinda gives that "partial damage" concept to the game.