Gaming Capture Card question

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
Thank you for this info, but now one more question would I be able to record audio through xbox live or no/it wouldn't be usable.

I have a pvr, so all sound is recorded as well. This includes party/game chat as well as the gameplay. I can then overlay my own voice on with audacity files and movie maker.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
I believe the HD PVR-2 is simply the "Gaming" edition... correct?
If so, I remember reading that the "Gaming" edition came with no extras other than a Green LED light, instead of a Blue LED light :|
Anyway... point I'm making is, I had a HD PVR (1), and it didn't have HDMI Connectivity. It was component cable connection, or S-Video, or Infrared only.

I'd personally recommend going for BlackMagic. Although, in terms of compatibility. Both cards have extremely poorly constructed drivers for any PCs and often case severely fuck up in terms of quality unless you can somehow get the drivers installed without any issues.

EDIT: viewing the specs you posted in the link. It actually looks like a different device now. Before the 'Gaming Edition' was simply just the same PVR with a green light which always baffled me as why they called it a gaming edition.

Thank you for this info, but now one more question would I be able to record audio through xbox live or no/it wouldn't be usable.
You will be able to hear all audio in party and game chat as long as you set up your voice preferences to play through both headset and speakers and just a tip you should turn the game volume meter down in the preferences also so that when the people talk the game volume will lower and when they stop it will go back up.