[Jun 16, 2013] BIOC Lobby - "Feast on his Flesh" (REMkings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
biocthreadsignup.png

Hey everyone!
Welcome to my BIOC Lobby for Sunday June 16th!

"Feast on his Flesh" - Details
Host's HaloCustoms username: REMkings
Host's Gamertag: REMkings
Day of hosting: Sunday June 16, 2013
Start Time: 1:00 pm EST
End Time (approximately): 3:00 pm EST
Description: We will be testing some new maps in this lobby. If you want one of your maps to be tested as well, make sure to read along and check out the instructions on how to submit a map!
Schedule:
1. When Running Fails - T
2. Favela Vengeance - T
3. Conspiracy - T
4. Long Way Round - T
5. Far From Eden (?) - T
*T = testing

We’ll play what YOU want to play!
According to BIOC standards, you can also submit a map, whether it is for testing or just something that you enjoy. We have four major rules that you need to keep in mind:
1. The map has to be a Survival Infection map. Click for more information. It pretty much it means: No mini-games.
2. You need to submit your map in a comment down below using the following template (in the quote). Give details such as the name and a brief description. Providing links and a picture as well have our preference.
3. You have to attend at the lobby in order to get the map played.
4. You have to make sure that the map is in your fileshare by the time of submitting the template, so we can download it. I will NOT promote you to leader.

The template:
Map Submission for Testing

Map name:
Gametype name:
Gamertag of the file holder:
Link to map on Waypoint:
Link to gametype on Waypoint:

Description of the map:

Picture:

The rules READ, IMPORTANT!
1. Signing up means showing up. If something important comes up, let me know.
2. You may not ask to be promoted to leader. (This does not count for co-hosts.)
3. Players that are in a different party chat or do not have a microphone are more likely to be kicked. Having a mic is a lot more fun for all players, including you, if you can talk with each other and with the host.

How to join
In order to be able to join this lobby, there's one final thing you have to do.
You must make sure to send the following message to me on Xbox Live (REMkings), 15 minutes before my lobby begins:

inv BIOC

Finally, please rate this lobby once it’s over. It will help us to get more and better lobbies in the future. (Obviously this means you also have to use the RSVP-function, so don’t forget about that either.)

Head to our Home Page to find all of our upcoming lobbies and our latest map feature.

That is all! See you in my lobby!
- REM

King Andrew 1st

Proficient
Jan 31, 2013
Map Name: Mountainous Horrors
Gametype Name: Thanatophobia
Gamertag: King Andrew 1st
Map Download: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/p...&details=f19ddbba-864a-4303-92a0-5282d1b95627
Gametype Download: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/p...&details=3219f7d0-8d6d-448b-9ce8-8e4ecd537cef#

Description: a 10-14 player free roam flood map with a main building that most people tend to go towards however it is not necessarily the safest place, the power weapons are placed around the map away from the building to encourage players to take a risk to get a reward. Uses slower zombies with a little more health and humans are 3 hits to kill. It seems to op for the humans but i have not yet had a round last less than 3 mins or all the way up to 5 mins. Zombies use teleporters to strategically get around the map and a small building outside has a tower (Thanks to Mr. Pokephile) and a forerunner esc building (Thanks to TheRoflzDude). This map has a forerunner and Promethean feel to it. A nice looking cliff structure creates a semi circle effect outside the building and a campfire provides for a decent holdout. Overall this map is very fun and i highly enjoy playing on it. It is still in testing so we may come across some errors that need fixing.

Reactions: REMkings

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
Map Name: Mountainous Horrors
Gametype Name: Thanatophobia
Gamertag: King Andrew 1st
Map Download: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/king andrew 1st/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=f19ddbba-864a-4303-92a0-5282d1b95627
Gametype Download: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/king andrew 1st/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameSettings&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=3219f7d0-8d6d-448b-9ce8-8e4ecd537cef#

Description: a 10-14 player free roam flood map with a main building that most people tend to go towards however it is not necessarily the safest place, the power weapons are placed around the map away from the building to encourage players to take a risk to get a reward. Uses slower zombies with a little more health and humans are 3 hits to kill. It seems to op for the humans but i have not yet had a round last less than 3 mins or all the way up to 5 mins. Zombies use teleporters to strategically get around the map and a small building outside has a tower (Thanks to Mr. Pokephile) and a forerunner esc building (Thanks to TheRoflzDude). This map has a forerunner and Promethean feel to it. A nice looking cliff structure creates a semi circle effect outside the building and a campfire provides for a decent holdout. Overall this map is very fun and i highly enjoy playing on it. It is still in testing so we may come across some errors that need fixing.

Great looking map here with a really unique layout. I haven't seen a Flood map quite like it. The gametype, I didn't like so much; I prefer weaker fast Flood players. I think that it creates much more hectic and fast paced gameplay. Still, the gametype was balanced and worked. There were problems with players getting too far up the cliff face and reaching the Flood spawns. A few soft kill zones will fix it. The Flood spawns themselves (I mean the teleporter receivers) could be better positioned. A well placed player can look right at the spawns on the natural side of the map which isn't great for gameplay. Try forging some caves or something? As for the Flood spawns in the building, multiple exits for the Flood to enter it from their spawn would allow them to be more tactile.

King Andrew 1st

Proficient
Jan 31, 2013
Great looking map here with a really unique layout. I haven't seen a Flood map quite like it. The gametype, I didn't like so much; I prefer weaker fast Flood players. I think that it creates much more hectic and fast paced gameplay. Still, the gametype was balanced and worked. There were problems with players getting too far up the cliff face and reaching the Flood spawns. A few soft kill zones will fix it. The Flood spawns themselves (I mean the teleporter receivers) could be better positioned. A well placed player can look right at the spawns on the natural side of the map which isn't great for gameplay. Try forging some caves or something? As for the Flood spawns in the building, multiple exits for the Flood to enter it from their spawn would allow them to be more tactile.

I understand where you are coming from with the gametype and thanks for the feedback on the map I feel as though it gets hectic and fast pace after two or so minutes but i would probably say that it could work for different gametypes and the reason i used that gametype was because it gets balanced gameplay and 3-5 minute rounds on this map.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
I especially enjoyed when running fails and favela vengeance

Thank you! Do you have feedback for either of the maps? I'm sure there are still plenty of things that could be done better.

And thanks for joining my lobby!
Same goes for all of you guys, so please rate my lobby if you enjoyed!
BurningHero74, Damperleaf14440, DDC X ORACLE, Elliot, Forceflow, Hxdgy Beats, Keegdaboss, King Andrew 1st, Lauxes Omoh, monk35wm, Philjack98, RED07SC, REMkings, Tainted Pariah, The 0micron, v GaMBinO v, View Term, Weslayan,

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
I'll just name my feedback for Long Way Round (LWR) here again even though I've pretty much already summed it up in the lobby itself: Elliot, first of all I'd recommend raising the zombie platforms near the first holdout location (at the gate). Like I said in game, I could pretty much camp the teleporters at ease without having to worry about zombies attacking me from the side. That's my second tip for improvement: make the zombies at least 1,5x stronger than they are now. It can only add to the necessarity for teamwork amongst the humans, plus it's more fun for the zombies in general. I remember that in the LWR from Reach, humans were following a path that would lead them up and down from several staircases to new areas in the map. I didn't quite see that much elevation in your version in Halo 4. Now I don't know if you did this on purpose or not, but you could consider adding some more elevation. I know this can be difficult and if you either don't like the idea or don't know if you'd have enough budget left to implement it, I wouldn't bother. But it's some food for thought if you like the idea. :) I really liked the way you placed the Rocket Launcher. You always know how to strike me with your sly, naughty ways of placing down weapons to tease players who are trying to grab them. However, when I quickly learned that you can actually grab it in a later stadium of the game, I was even more so impressed because it gave me a true satisfactory feeling that we got to have this baby after all. I imagine if such a setting like this were to happen in real life, during a real apocalypse, it would give the group of survivors some hope again, after they actually did get a hold of this powerful weapon in the end. Great, great job. Also, I thought the Warthog was a nice catch for players who were there back in the days to visit your Reach version of this slick Warthog factory where LWR takes place in. I was eagerly heading towards it, assured to get some sick kills or showing off some nice driving skills, only to find it wasn't actually accessible. ;) One of the zombies even almost got me while I was standing next to it. Overall, for a first test I thought things went extremely well, and I cannot wait to get a second test session going on this gem of a map just now already. You managed to capture that feeling of a factory that LWR really had in Reach, and I'm sure this will become another classic just like the ones you built so far in Halo 4. Keep it up man, I'm loving your work. :D

Reactions: Absentduck

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
I'll just name my feedback for Long Way Round (LWR) here again even though I've pretty much already summed it up in the lobby itself: Elliot, first of all I'd recommend [...]

Thanks a lot for the great feedback. I agree with everything. The platforms and Flood traits; easy fixes that will greatly improve the experience for both parties. Thanks for putting them down in words. The reason I removed the first section was because I felt that it was unnecessary and I wanted to save some budget. But after the test, the map felt too short and mainly consisted of holding out as opposed to progressing. I even received a comment from Narb Guy stating that the map wasn't even a Linear Progression. I disagree but it highlights that the map is short. Perhaps I will implement more into the beginning of the map, adding height variation and length.

Narb Guy (and a couple of others) said that I should add another holdout. What is your stance on this? It would differentiate the map more from Our Daily Bread and add to the length of the round, but also add more holding out and take away progression, which is not what I necessarily want.

Thanks for the feedback and the lovely comments Rem. :D

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
(...) After the test, the map felt too short and mainly consisted of holding out as opposed to progressing. I even received a comment from Narb Guy stating that the map wasn't even a Linear Progression. I disagree but it highlights that the map is short. Perhaps I will implement more into the beginning of the map, adding height variation and length.

Narb Guy (and a couple of others) said that I should add another holdout. What is your stance on this? It would differentiate the map more from Our Daily Bread and add to the length of the round, but also add more holding out and take away progression, which is not what I necessarily want.

lol it's clearly a Linear. But I would go along with Narb and the others and say that you could add another holdout indeed, maybe earlier on in the map. It doesn't have to be a long holdout where humans will stay for quite a while, it can also be a really short one just to slow the humans down and give people at the back of the group some time to catch up and gather weapons. Maybe have some kind of bridge spawn in that already spawns in after about 30 seconds or so. That way you can also work on the height variation. The story behind it opening up after 30 seconds already would be that the humans had to figure out the password to deploy the bridge first, but luckily for them it didn't take long.
This way you do have another holdout, so the map will feel longer, but not a main one where many people are going to die. And if you make sure the parts between the start and the 1st holdout, as well as the 1st holdout and the already built "2nd" holdout are pretty long, you'll still have plenty of travel time in between. :)

Reactions: Absentduck

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
lol it's clearly a Linear. But I would go along with Narb and the others and say that you could add another holdout indeed, maybe earlier on in the map. It doesn't have to be a long holdout where humans will stay for quite a while, it can also be a really short one just to slow the humans down and give people at the back of the group some time to catch up and gather weapons. Maybe have some kind of bridge spawn in that already spawns in after about 30 seconds or so. That way you can also work on the height variation. The story behind it opening up after 30 seconds already would be that the humans had to figure out the password to deploy the bridge first, but luckily for them it didn't take long.
This way you do have another holdout, so the map will feel longer, but not a main one where many people are going to die. And if you make sure the parts between the start and the 1st holdout, as well as the 1st holdout and the already built "2nd" holdout are pretty long, you'll still have plenty of travel time in between. :)

Sounds good, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.