Alien (aesthetic parts)

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
I'm working on a map it is on a floating space ship i want it to feel like a horror movie/games ex alien(the basis of the map) left4dead, dead space, ect What can I do to make it erie. Not destroyed

Shiralai

Emoticon Guru
Jan 13, 2013
is there going to be places outside, if not I'd suggest make it in erosion if possible. Steel looks corroded there

Shiralai

Emoticon Guru
Jan 13, 2013
mkay, well you want to make like jagged edges with smaller pieces then. Dominion objects might be useful to achieve this. Wires especially. Maybe use the red blinking light too.

Rev Righteous

Proficient
First, to match the look most of the horror movie spaceships, I wouldn't build any of the interior corridor walls with too many plain blocks or walls parts. I would use any of the parts that have the look of pipes or cables built into them. Line the halls with those. Second, since you're going for the horror spaceship style, make most of the corridors tight and the rooms claustrophobic. Third, many real ships have braces and bulkheads; basically rib-like structures that strengthen the interior of the ship. They would add to the eerie feeling. Fourth, Shiralai's suggestion to use cables is good. Lastly, I assume this is for a Flood game? It would be cool to make air-ducts that go above the ceiling or below the floor for the "aliens" to pop out of.

Reactions: TravisTheShadow