Alien

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
I just want to know some opinions before I begin start creation of this map

ALIEN: UNSC-JONESY
They have slaughtered some of our finest men now in our darkest hour we defend our home from these stalking beasts.

Basically you start off in the hanger of a UNSC frigate. You then can move out through the ship. As of now it will be similar to the "man hunt" game type. I am trying to come up with weapon load outs for humans. Possibly AR's/Plasmas or Magnum/Shotgun/(?SAW?)/No AA/25 feet radar.

The alien will have no shield but high health and promethean vision and bigger radar.

Based of the movie alien. Any suggestions would be helpful

Reactions: chicktapus33

iws27

Adept
Jan 10, 2013
Requium
Give the humans plas pistols and place random weaponry drops throughout the map, forcing them to continually move throughout the map. And the alien should glow, using damage boost effect and active camo. Just a seggestion, though.

Garpfruit

Proficient
Jan 13, 2013
Baltimore, MD
start with magnums and have at least 1.5 weapons per human at the start scattered on the map that spawn in over time, but not ordinance drops so that people have to go looking for the weapons, also, all the weapons should be human.

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
start with magnums and have at least 1.5 weapons per human at the start scattered on the map that spawn in over time, but not ordinance drops so that people have to go looking for the weapons, also, all the weapons should be human.
Ok. Should the "alien" be invincible and what should his load out be

Garpfruit

Proficient
Jan 13, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I was thinking that the alien would have PV and poor camo with like 125% speed and jump. He should also have 150% damage resistants and should not show up on the humans' radar (set human radar to teammate locations) so that all the humans can tell about his location is where a teammate just died. It will scare the shit out of the humas.

iGraviton

Proficient
Feb 22, 2013
I think it could work like this.
Alien
- 300% Health
- 150 - 200% Movement speed. Would need to be tweaked depending on maps layout
- Energy Sword for deadly CQC ability
- Plasma Pistol. Kind of like the aliens "acid". Good for dropping shield.
- Thruster Pack for a "lunge ability"
-Poor Camo
Humans
- 200% Shields
- Normal movement speed
- Start with Magnum. More weapons scattered throughout map
- Radar shows the Alien (Similar to actual game)
- No AA, but maybe one PV as an item you can pick up in the map.

These are just ideas, but from what you're saying I think this might work pretty well.

Reactions: chicktapus33

chicktapus33

Proficient
Feb 22, 2013
I don't even know
I think it could work like this.
Alien
- 300% Health
- 150 - 200% Movement speed. Would need to be tweaked depending on maps layout
- Energy Sword for deadly CQC ability
- Plasma Pistol. Kind of like the aliens "acid". Good for dropping shield.
- Thruster Pack for a "lunge ability"
-Poor Camo
Humans
- 200% Shields
- Normal movement speed
- Start with Magnum. More weapons scattered throughout map
- Radar shows the Alien (Similar to actual game)
- No AA, but maybe one PV as an item you can pick up in the map.

These are just ideas, but from what you're saying I think this might work pretty well.
How will he get the weapons with the flood?

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
Some more notes

Alien
1 alien vs X humans

Alien load out
Promethean vision
Poor camo
300 health
Slightly more damage
0% shields (?)
150% speed
No thruster pack (? It may be included but for now I'm uneasy about putting it in, may give alien huge advantage, seeing as it already has a huge one)
200% jump
?????Sees enemy waypoints?????

Humans
25 ft?/m? (Whatever the lowest range is)
No AA
Slightly less damage
A few low level weapons scattered through the map. (I think if I end up makeing the alien invincible everyone will have saws, want people to hear tons of gunfire then it stops.)
Start with magnum (? 1 clip of ammo?)

Gameplay...
Humans spawn through out the ship and not together. Can then collect weapons, spread out hunting alien(bad idea), bunker down, and explore.

The alien with spawn in inaccessible areas like high vents and catwalks/scaffolding with then track down humans and kill them. Lots of hiding places and access routes. Every room has at least 4 entrances. Very scary and dark

Reactions: EmbarkingZeus

EmbarkingZeus

Resident Coffee Aficionado
Jan 12, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Some more notes

Alien
1 alien vs X humans

Alien load out
Promethean vision
Poor camo
300 health
Slightly more damage
0% shields (?)
150% speed
No thruster pack (? It may be included but for now I'm uneasy about putting it in, may give alien huge advantage, seeing as it already has a huge one)
200% jump
?????Sees enemy waypoints?????

Humans
25 ft?/m? (Whatever the lowest range is)
No AA
Slightly less damage
A few low level weapons scattered through the map. (I think if I end up makeing the alien invincible everyone will have saws, want people to hear tons of gunfire then it stops.)
Start with magnum (? 1 clip of ammo?)

Gameplay...
Humans spawn through out the ship and not together. Can then collect weapons, spread out hunting alien(bad idea), bunker down, and explore.

The alien with spawn in inaccessible areas like high vents and catwalks/scaffolding with then track down humans and kill them. Lots of hiding places and access routes. Every room has at least 4 entrances. Very scary and dark
Sounds like a plan ;)