BIOC Feedback Hub

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
I don't have too much feedback because I don't remember much of what went on in this lobby and this is pretty late.

Terra Luminous
I found it very difficult to navigate this map both as a human and as a Flood. I feel like some paths could be widened and be more defined.

Cabin Fever
Same with Vientus. I'm not sure if this is a standard Flood map or a Slender minigame. Either way, the zombie jump height should be lowered and the rock tunnel should probably have a route into it somewhere in the middle. If the map was going for Slender-ish gameplay, the hiding spots should be lessened and the map should be a little larger. It became a hide n' seek game instead of a run-away-from-scary-Flood one.

Wolfram Asylum
Feedback for this probably won't be needed because the map was already finalized. But, I would say that humans should be encouraged to hold inside the mansion rather than outside.

City of Grey
Well, I finalized the map. I already removed the one-way shield and I've put a trait zone there instead to prevent humans from getting up. Overall, I'm extremely happy with how the map turned out.

Intensive Care
This map definitely looked pretty. It didn't play as pretty though. The holdout locations were basically narrow tunnels where the Flood are funneled through. I suggest holdout locations where the Flood will be able to flank the humans to balance out the gameplay a little better.

Rust
Sadly, I don't have feedback for this map. I had to leave.

BIOC Lobby: "Where'd the lights go... did you bring extra batteries?"
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Host
: Vientus

Played maps:
1. City of Gray FinalThe Forsaken
Description: Linear flood map, that makes great use of city aesthetics and warthogs.

2. Rust 1.2 - Last Stand
Description: Longbow like base on erosion. Great balance of aesthetics allowing for clean gameplay. (Breakable)

3. Plant 510 - Evacuation: Beta []v2
Description: Linear/campaign flood map on Erosion. Makes use of an elevator, as well as Pelican for a safe room.

4. Running Riot - Running Riot
Description: A game type mod that uses traditional infection (similar to halo reach) The goal run and jump to avoid flood.

5. Coal Dust - Phaegin Beginnings
Description: Erosion free roam map, great aesthetics to create a mineshaft. Flood kept getting caught up on everything.

6. A story from & about Percy b5 - Yours truly the darkness b2
Description: Underwater linear map, uses plague variant to show hill zones. Features a number of great aesthetics, cars and lights.

7. Amber 3220 v1.2 - Mining Zombies
Description: Underwater free roam map, tight hallways and mining/drilling aesthetics.

8. Broken Province - Hivemind
Description: Forge Island map, Tall walkways/hold outs. Down trees and blocks are used for jump ups. Very green colored map.

9. Outpost 9 - Evacuation : Beta []v2
Description: Ravine linear/campaign flood map. Makes use of a UNSC base & forerunner light bridge. A Pelican is the safe room.

(Submitted Maps Played)

Cornerstone Manor - Last Stand
Description: Forge Island last stand map, mix of inside and outside house gameplay. Features a truck in an open court yard.

Aquarillium - The Beast Within
Description: Forge Island free roam like map. Uses a huge rock arch for flood spawning. Features rockets and Incineration cannon

Attendants:
-Orzium-, Buddy, Luminous Nova, MMedina000, Plat1numBull3t, Rawkzor, shaudy430, SkyDaz, STEELGREEN03, The8thKill, Zandril

Attendants, please leave your feedback on the maps! I will provide my feedback after one of you has replied to this thread. Huge thanks for waiting while my Xbox loaded up maps and game types. (With it being an original 360 sometimes it takes it's time) Also thanks to anyone who stuck around for the whole event and those who sent out invites to keep the lobby size up, inviting people while the game selection was going on helped out a ton. Hope you guys had fun.

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
1. One of the best linear flood maps yet. Everyone knows that. In this lobby we (the humans) kinda sucked though. :rofl:
2. I liked the style of this map! Gameplay was focused on one room actually, but I did have fun. The reason that some guys broke it over and over again to show their "awesome parkour skills" :lmao: kind of lowered the game experience. Maybe more rooms/places?
3. This map is sooo huge! The opening door was my favourite. The problem with this map is that humans get split up too much because of the elevator. Fact is that nobody reached the pelican. Probably too hard for average flood lobbies?
4. It´s nice that you included my map into this "serious" flood lobby where generally there is no spot for such minigames. I don´t want to say more, because as the maker of the map I´m fully biased, but i think such a floody minigame relax a little bit.
5. Special effect. :stahp:
6. Pretty hard map. Probably the hardest I´ve seen yet. Maybe the health of the zombies need to be lowered, I don´t know. But amazing looking!

I didn´t play the other ones. See ya later, aligater. ;)

Last edited:

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
6. Pretty hard map. Probably the hardest I´ve seen yet. Maybe the health of the zombies need to be lowered, I don´t know. But amazing looking!

I didn´t play the other ones. See ya later, aligater. ;)

I'll feel so free to reply: the difficulty factor was done on purpose. The games are meant to be hard so the players in the lobby cannot afford to make any mistakes. I have yet to test it again so maybe you're right about it being a little too hard currently. The lack of aim assist due to the invisibility does make it quite challenging.

Reactions: Buddy

-Orzium-

Distinguished
I'll feel so free to reply: the difficulty factor was done on purpose. The games are meant to be hard so the players in the lobby cannot afford to make any mistakes. I have yet to test it again so maybe you're right about it being a little too hard currently. The lack of aim assist due to the invisibility does make it quite challenging.
Rem the only reason why he feels that way was because there was 0 teamwork when we played it. It was like a free for all game.

Reactions: REMkings

(I'll have my write up, up tomorrow.) The films in my FS if you want to watch it. It's a mix of teamwork/to long of a hold out. currently it takes 30 sec for start to reach hill and then you hold out for 1:30. Maybe if you cut the hold out time down some to 1 or 1:15 this might help with player advancement. Damage tables at this point are fine, it just takes forever to advance.

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
City of Grey
I have but one thing to say. We sucked.

Rust
The map was breakable. I suggest fixing that problem first. I do believe players were able to do so by running up some inclined objects. Were they sandbags? I don't really remember. I also think that there should be more than one holdout location. People were gravitating to the elevated floor too much and other parts of the map were barely touched.

Overall, I think the map has a lot of potential. Also, I vote for a name change. A map on Erosion called "Rust"? That's like naming a map on Forge Island, "The Island"

Plant 510
I like the concept behind this map. However, some zombie teleporters were spawning a bit too quickly. I don't think this is because of the issue with the elevator. I think decreasing the teleporter times would help a bit. I also think that the path for the humans could be defined a little better. There were moments where people were confused on where to go. That's all I can really say about the map because I was lagging very badly in the game we played.

Running Riots
This wasn't really a Flood map. This is a minigame that uses the Infection gametype. But I'll let it pass since Buddy made it and Buddy is Gimli and Gimli is beard and beard is life making Gimli = Life. Overall, I thought the minigame was ok and there were some very fun and exhilarating moments. The map is so clean, too. I did get bored of it every now and then though.

Coal Dust
This map was decent enough although I did think there were some things that could be improved upon.

Firstly, you get caught on so much crap when you're walking. It gets really annoying. Secondly, there is a certain area in the map that can be camped pretty heavily. Unfortunately, I don't remember which area this is. I also think that the filter could be removed. I absolutely despise the "Old Timey" filter. I think the map would be better off with the stanard spooky filter (Colorblind+Juicy) or without any filters.

Blah blah blah Percy
My feedback is the same as Vientus's. First phase takes forever and I think the teleporter that takes zombies to the city spawns a little too quickly.

Amber
This map is fucking beautiful. Must have taken ages to forge this. I think this map is pretty damn awesome. There were a couple of issues though. There is a certain Flood teleporter that is kind of annoying. The Flood get teleported to an area where they have to jump to get out and the jump is pretty frustrating. I don't remember which area though. I think it was in the downstairs area by the generator thingy.

There was also an area which was way too campable by the humans. It's kind of hard to describe what it looks like though. Here's what I remember: It's upstairs and there are only two ways to get to it.

Broken Province
I was not a fan of this map. It was too easy for the humans and all areas of the map were pretty much untouched because players were gravitating to the elevated "road"

It was too hard for the Flood and the gameplay got stale and boring pretty quickly. I think adding more holdout locations around the map and giving the Flood more strength would help.

Outpost 9
I honestly don't remember anything about this map which is why I don't really have any feedback for it. Sorry :(

Cornerstone Manor
Yes, I made it and I know I'm going to come off as cocky for saying this but I think this map is great. It's Last Stand but you're not confined to a indoor structure because you get outside to an extent. I haven't really seen any Last Stand map do that.

I know it had some problems in that playtest we did and I'm happy to report that those problems have been fixed. Hopefully, I can bring it for testing in the next BIOC lobby.

Aquarillium
I was honestly not a fan of this map. It was too hard for the Flood because they kept spawning in the same area over and over and over and over again. Not to mention the Flood spawn is soft killed. I think new, better Flood spawns and some gameplay balancing should be in order. The aesthetics also needed a little work. The map had no theme and aesthetic appeal whatsoever. It just felt so random IMO.

_________________________________________________​

That's right. I stayed for the whole lobby and beyond. Gotta keep the Floner strong. :D

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Stop riding that horse!
No.

blake-griffin-riding-horse-o.gif

it's kind of relaxing for a serious flood lobby.
frankie-says-relax-o.gif

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Stop with gifs, brah! Childish... :p
Gifs allow you to express your opinion on the matter when it's hard to put it into words, or simply more effective than using words. (After all, a picture is worth a 1000 words.)
I'd say that's quite the opposite of childish... that's smart. :)

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Gifs allow you to express your opinion on the matter when it's hard to put it into words, or simply more effective than using words. (After all, a picture is worth a 1000 words.)
I'd say that's quite the opposite of childish... that's smart. :)
Not in every situation. Gifs are mostly there to laugh off about the others opinion/ ignoring the others arguments/words. (in discussions)
Just look at the "behaviour..." thread. player came with better arguments, what do some people do? posting gifs to gain vogue... Gifs are funny, but silly in discussions. Some people think it's hipster yolo swag, but it definitely is not. :lmao:
It just shows me that they are out of arguments... Pretty childish and cheap.

City of Gray Final – The Forsaken
At this point, I would say the map is done. Any further changes to game play are useless; I feel the author has achieved what they were shooting for. Game play as a whole is pretty solid, however the rock where the one way shield use too be need to raised up, so humans cannot get up. (If this is not done, the map can and will be broken by players) Aside from this, the maps enjoyable.

Rust 1.2 - Last Stand
This map has a lot of potential; at this point it can be broken. Base stripes need to be turned around to prevent players from escaping; the turret spawn time needs to be higher. Also one of the window jump ups needs to be fix so that game flow is improved. If these changes were made, players would no longer camp on the “2nd” floor, fixing map flow. (For more details message me)

Plant 510 - Evacuation: Beta []v2
Conflict of Interest (Map Maker)

Running Riot - Running Riot
This was one map I was really excited to play initially. After playing the “beta” of the map that being when it was all block 2x3’s and 2x4’s. I really thought the map and game type pushed the bounders and challenges what an “Infection or flood” map could be. Which is something, I’m all about. However after the massive changes made to the map, I feel it moved from boundary pushing too much more of a mini game. There is nothing wrong with that but it just does not fit in as a flood map. This is not a big deal; the changes improved jumps and made it much more inviting to more casual players. As someone who plays on bumper jumper, I saw not need to overall the map, but I understand why it was done. Overall the maps good, offering a fresh gameplay style. However it will not be something I host in a BIOC lobby again, simply because it not flood. The fact that this was play should not bother players, you get to see what maps will be played ahead of time. I thought the map had potential in flood so I hosted it, simple as that. If you’re not willing to try out things that challenge boundaries why are you playing flood? After all, infection was originally a halo 2 slayer based game type that brought on a whole new genre. My advice, don’t set limits on things, the tighter you try to hold something the faster is slips away. (Buddy if you want more feedback just message me)

Coal Dust - Phaegin Beginnings
The map looks perfect, but game play fall just a bit short. The only thing really preventing me from recommending it to everyone is the fact that it used old timey and players getting caught up on just about everything. If rock paths where improved to be smoother when transitioning to blocks the issue would be fix and for the most part everything would be great. I don't know why an effect is on the map, it's your map but realize that most people hate them.

A story from & about Percy b5 - Yours truly the darkness b2
The only thing I don't like about this map is how long players have to hold out in the first section of the map. As I have already stated a two minute hold out time really just kills ammo and left a few people questioning if the map was in fact linear. I like that the map demands a fair level of communication in order to advance, but game play just feels like hurry up and wait. Cutting the first section time down to 1:30 (30 seconds for map moment and 60 sec for hold out) I feel would really just fix all the issues. Tdrow did point out that humans can "camp" the flood receivers for the first section. Putting a small soft kill around the receivers would prevent any issues. That being said players are weak when not in the hill, so gameplay most likely will take care of it's self with out kill zones being added.

Amber 3220 v1.2 - Mining Zombies
The map looks great and the underwater fog does help to balance out the use of shotguns. The map just struggles with flood getting stuck when trying to leave their teleporter receivers. Also the fact that the map only uses one sender causes the problem of “safe spawning” for the flood. Instead of put flood into the map randomly the game try’s to spawn the in safe locations. To fix this add at least one more sender and split the receivers among the two channels and game play should be fix. The map just needs to be polished to fix up some lose ends.

Broken Province – Hivemind
This was one map that when looking at it to download, looked a lot better than it played. The 4x4 talls really blocked off map movement and made infecting humans almost impossible. Weapons and damage tables appeared to be fine, but the verticality really killed game play. I would recommend lowering the 4x4s to half their current height. From there the map would need to get tested again before I could give any form quality advice.

Outpost 9 - Evacuation : Beta []v2
Conflict of Interest (Map Maker)

(Submitted Maps Played)
Cornerstone Manor - Last Stand
Simply another map that needs polishing, a few flood jump ups need to be smoothed out. This kind of thing I suspect will be fixed in time. Aside from that, I would really like to see a more centered entrance for entering the grass court yard, just to encourage more map movement. At this point I feel the back stair well acts really as the only “hold out”. I think a few added paths would help fix this problem. The really issue is not the number of holdout simply accessibility to them. I feel this is why humans are only using one at the moment.

Aquarillium - The Beast Within
Having only one spawn location for a free roam style map really killed any chance this map had. As a flood map movement felt almost forced, and as a human I felt like I was always looking for the fight. This map really needs more spawn locations and a retest before I would feel comfortable suggesting any forgeable changes. Game play simply was not there.

If you want any more feed back our have questions feel free to message me.
-Vent

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2013
The reason for old timey on this map, is to number one, hide the bad lighting effects such as rock decoloration. No other filter hides it we'll. So there. Plus I along with @The 0micron both like the old timey filter.

Reactions: The 0micron

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
A story from & about Percy b5 - Yours truly the darkness b2
The only thing I don't like about this map is how long players have to hold out in the first section of the map. As I have already stated a two minute hold out time really just kills ammo and left a few people questioning if the map was in fact linear. I like that the map demands a fair level of communication in order to advance, but game play just feels like hurry up and wait. Cutting the first section time down to 1:30 (30 seconds for map moment and 60 sec for hold out) I feel would really just fix all the issues. Tdrow did point out that humans can "camp" the flood receivers for the first section. Putting a small soft kill around the receivers would prevent any issues. That being said players are weak when not in the hill, so gameplay most likely will take care of it's self with out kill zones being added.

Thank you for the helpful feedback.
I have been thinking about what you said about those timers, and I have decided that rather than lowering the timer I am first goimg to try and decrease the humans' speed. The reason why is because I've found they have to take refuge at the last holdout area way too long and they also reach this area too early. By decreasing the movement speed I will tackle a lot of problems/gain a lot of benefits at once: they won't have to hold out as long, they need to stick even closer to
one another in between the holdouts, and they will have a more terrifying experience overall because ultimately they'll be less in a safe(r) area and more out in the open.
It's only an experiment though: time will tell whether this is a solution or not.

About those teleporters, you said it yourself: health will drop and zombies always know where you are whilst you do not always know where they are if you're not in the safe haven. I don't want to have to use soft kill zones because I want to give the zombies as much freedom as possible to move around. But maybe a soft kill directly on top of the teleporter wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy and Vientus

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
BIOC Lobbies - "Vatos"
& "Cherokee Rose"
Sunday, April 7, 2014
& Saturday, May 3, 2014
Host
: REMkings

Here is a list of maps in random order that were tested in my last two lobbies. I've only included the maps that are not yet finished and may still need feedback.

Cédricville Unleashed
by REMkings
World War 2 themed map, featuring a warthog and accessible rooftops.

Percy
by REMkings
Linear map, underwater, light areas are safe havens.

The Cold White Chorus
by REMkings
Linear map in a hospital, very fast paced with a working elevator.

Botanist
by Auburn
Linear map featuring a radio tower that needs to be activated to clear the way for the humans.

The Long Way Round
by Auburn
Linear map featuring a tank that allows humans to have more health, kind of like Argile from Reach.

Devastation
by PA1NTS
Map based on "Mayday" from Extinction from CoD:Ghosts.

Aftermath
by PA1NTS
Urban map on Ravine, with trait zones that disable radar when you're outside in the streets.

Stage Fright
by CommanderColson
Hivemind map featuring a concert stage and several buildings surrounding it, set on a cliffside.

Attendants, please leave your feedback on the maps! The host will provide his feedback after one of you has replied to this thread.

Last edited:

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
Cedricville Unleashed: Beautiful map, Rem. I've never been too particular about building-based holdouts in flood because the buildings are typical to enclosed IMO, but didn't seem too much the case here.. The rooftops should be more easily accessible to the flood, though, IMO. I joined halfway into a game where the humans had already occupied them, so I naturally tried to move towards that level, but it seemed the only method of doing that was to move through the buildings themselves first. Then came the challenge of actually jumping through the windows and onto the roof without being stopped dead in your tracks. I think it would be beneficial if there were way to reach the roofs from outside the buildings (that only the flood could use), or perhaps have the flood occasionally spawn in a high position, similar to Morgan Bay.

Speaking of tracks, I would personally like to see the Warthog track interact within the play space more. Whether it be flood or BTB, I'm not too fond of vehicle routes that form a ring around the primary space because it removes a potential attack angle. Not to mention that, i those outer areas, the flood don't have much in terms of height, so it seemed they were only ever lunging at the hog from ground level. It would add an interesting dynamic if, at some point during its run, the Warthog had to move through the buildings. EDIT: By that, I don't mean literally through the buildings. I meant through the village.

The Cold White Chorus: I had a tough time learning how to move around this map as a flood. The spawn area entrances are straight forward, but I found myself a little disoriented after I moved through the teleporters. That being said, IIRC the teleporter that sends flood to the second holdout doesn't despawn fast enough. At some point between the elevator opening again and the safe room, the flood are still able to get to that initial second holdout area via teleporter. Hopefully, I'm making some sense. You might want to check to film from my POV .

Other than that, it was an awesome time. During the first test I had, the run between the initial spawn and the first holdout was heart-pounding, almost like the flood were breathing down your neck (non-sexual innuendo fyi). It was interesting playing as a flood too, being able to drop straight down on the humans before they even know your there. It really stresses the use of teamwork IMO. It may be a good idea to soft kill that initial spawn, though, because I noticed some people hanging out back there occasionally.

Last edited:

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Botanist
I really liked the new look, with addition of new things like the radio tower. The first area feels really big, which can be a difficult thing to pull off making it only the more awesome if you succeed in doing so. I do miss the old effect with the sneaky invisible zombies though. If you can manage to use a modded gametype where auto aim is still present even if the zombies are invisible, that'd be amazing. The map on its own is already outstanding though so you might as well not go through that extra effort.
A minor gripe I had with the map was that it was still quite the difficult experience, human-wise. We only ever managed to even reach the second area a couple of times, leave alone survive it. Thatmight've been simply due to a lack of teamwork though, I can't really be sure about the actual difficulty of the map.

The Long Way Round

I thought this map was again very awesome. The beginning area with the overhanging railings is very cool and gives the zombies lots of options. The tank phase is insane, especially if you get to drive this beast. We didn't get much good gameplay from that point on though, so it'd be hard to judge whether or not it's balanced or under-/overpowered.

Devastation

Really cool map, it greatly resembled the thing from CoD. It was still a bit confusing for both humans and zombies, but that was probably because nobody knew the map yet when we played it. I loved the aesthetical touch in particular: everything looked really clean and I can tell you put quite some effort into this.

Aftermath

The principle was really cool: find weapons and then leave the streets or die. It was pretty difficult but that only encouraged teamwork more. The buildings looked good too, great job for forging a nice urban map on Ravine. Would have to test again to provide more elaborate feedback.

Stage Fright

I loved this map the second I saw it. The beginning area is so cool, where you have to climb the cliffside and enter the little village/resort. The houses look clean and, though they may not be much from the inside, still provide solid gameplay and a realistic feel. But the one thing that sets this map apart is the stage. It's sooo cool! I was digging the aesthetics so much I didn't even bother to play well. Can't wait to see this map pop up again in one of my lobbies.

Cedricville Unleashed: Beautiful map, Rem. I've never been too particular about building-based holdouts in flood because the buildings are typical to enclosed IMO, but didn't seem too much the case here.. The rooftops should be more easily accessible to the flood, though, IMO. I joined halfway into a game where the humans had already occupied them, so I naturally tried to move towards that level, but it seemed the only method of doing that was to move through the buildings themselves first. Then came the challenge of actually jumping through the windows and onto the roof without being stopped dead in your tracks. I think it would be beneficial if there were way to reach the roofs from outside the buildings (that only the flood could use), or perhaps have the flood occasionally spawn in a high position, similar to Morgan Bay.

Speaking of tracks, I would personally like to see the Warthog track interact within the play space more. Whether it be flood or BTB, I'm not too fond of vehicle routes that form a ring around the primary space because it removes a potential attack angle. Not to mention that, i those outer areas, the flood don't have much in terms of height, so it seemed they were only ever lunging at the hog from ground level. It would add an interesting dynamic if, at some point during its run, the Warthog had to move through the buildings. EDIT: By that, I don't mean literally through the buildings. I meant through the village.

The Cold White Chorus: I had a tough time learning how to move around this map as a flood. The spawn area entrances are straight forward, but I found myself a little disoriented after I moved through the teleporters. That being said, IIRC the teleporter that sends flood to the second holdout doesn't despawn fast enough. At some point between the elevator opening again and the safe room, the flood are still able to get to that initial second holdout area via teleporter. Hopefully, I'm making some sense. You might want to check to film from my POV .

Other than that, it was an awesome time. During the first test I had, the run between the initial spawn and the first holdout was heart-pounding, almost like the flood were breathing down your neck (non-sexual innuendo fyi). It was interesting playing as a flood too, being able to drop straight down on the humans before they even know your there. It really stresses the use of teamwork IMO. It may be a good idea to soft kill that initial spawn, though, because I noticed some people hanging out back there occasionally.

I felt the same about the roofs, they are still a little too OP. I'll think of more ways to allow access for the zombies.
The track around the map however was on purpose: unlike with my Ravine map "8 O'Clock Reminiscence", I wanted the Warthog to circle around the infantry areas instead of through them. Whilst the Hog can still drive through the streets, it's not encouraged to do so because they're so narrow. But I'll think of ways to make them a little bit more appealing nonetheless.

I'd have to check the film to see what you mean. I lost the file though, can you save it for me?
I'll give the soft kill at spawn a try.

Reactions: Auburn