Custom Game Option Browser

DavidJCobb

Novice
Feb 3, 2013
Custom Game Option Browser
A comprehensive listing of all Custom Game options in the history of the Halo series
· · VIEW IT HERE · ·​

The Custom Game Option Browser, or CGOB, is an interactive web application that contains all Custom Game options in the history of the series. The CGOB shows the function, status, and availability of all of these settings as of Halo 4, including notes on bugs and issues in gametypes. Everything mimics the layout of Halo 4's Custom Game menus, which should help with familiarity.

A few key notes (please read before using!)
  • You can link to any part of the application by copying the current URL, which can be useful for directing someone's attention to a specific place (for example, Flood).
  • By default, options from games older than Halo 3 are hidden. You can change the app's settings to show these. App settings are stored in the URL, so when you give someone a link, they'll see what you see. (For example, Race with options from Halo 3 versus Race with options from Halo 1.)
  • If you're on Internet Explorer, the Back button won't work. The application's breadcrumb menu can be used in lieu of this. Sorry for any inconvenience.
A few other notes
  • I will be keeping this application updated to show any script changes that 343i's Matchmaking team makes in the future. If they fix bugs or add features, I'll try to get that information into the Custom Game Option Browser in a timely manner.
  • I'll also be keeping the application updated to show any bugs that the community has reported. Feel free to report issues (with Custom Games or with the CGOB) here.
  • It might take a little while for the app to load, as the data is stored in a space-efficient format and needs to be "unpacked". The app should work in all web browsers, but Google Chrome loads it lightning-fast.
Credits
App and Halo 4 data collection by me
Data collection for all other games by Psychosis687
Other contributions listed in the app's "Credits" section

· · VIEW IT HERE · ·​
and lemme know what you think!

Reactions: FragsturBait