Death Run (work in progress)

Jan 13, 2013
You might have heard of this, but for those who haven't heard of it, I'll explain.

Death Run started off as a mod for counter strike (eventually for CoD4 PC). It's a game mode where players have to go though an obstacle course filled with traps. The Traps are controlled by the "Activator". The objective for the activator is to activate the traps to kill players and prevent the players to get to the end and kill the activator. There are a variety of traps. Mines, trap floors, guns, etc.

A video to give you an idea of what it's like

The reason why I brought this up is because I can see how this is possible in Halo 4 (not gonna be as advance as in CoD4, but still). You got the mines, pressure buttons, man cannons, etc. I've been working on a Death run level and I have to say, it's going kinda well. I would like to hear your opinion about this.

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
If you could get enough traps and crazy jumps and stuff then I feel like this would be wicked fun.

Jan 13, 2013
Sounds cool. When you need testers I'm in if you want.

I'm about 70% done. Just need to finish the traps, add detail, and find out which game mode would be best to use. I would like to have some testers to see if the traps work well, find flaws, and see if it's fun or not. I'll let you know when I'm done.

Gamer tag: PlasticDoctor96

Jan 19, 2013
Guiseley
I'm all in for it, however I am gonna see difficulty regarding how the activator will be able to trigger certain traps... but forgive my ignorance if their is a way.

Jan 13, 2013
I'm all in for it, however I am gonna see difficulty regarding how the activator will be able to trigger certain traps... but forgive my ignorance if their is a way.

Ok, you're in. And how this will work is that the activator will have unlimited Promethean vision (for seeing players exactly where they are at all times), a gun for shooting certain traps to activate (like a bomb or an object to push into a man cannon), pressure plates (to make the plates shoot explosives, activate trap floors, etc), and some other things.

If you're still confused, I'm sorry. However, I'm willing to give you a tour to the level (if you really want to)

Gamertag: Plasticdoctor96