Erosion Gray Stripe Glitch

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Hey there. If you're like me, you've been screwing around in Forge. Has anyone noticed an interesting glitch on Erosion? Maybe a few? Well, I think I found a new one.
I'm constructing a map on top of the Grifball Court, and it includes a kind of runway on the side of the building, near the top. After I created it, I ran down it to test if it was smooth...and discovered a glitch. At a certain point, a large gray stripe appears and goes horizontally across the front of the building. It only happens at a specific height, you can only see it running up or down the ramps I have in place, but it's game-breaking and irritating.
Anybody seen this thing before?

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
some pictures of the issue might help us.
i have not heard of this problem before.

Stupid

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Canada
Yep, I have seen this before. You have to look at the area from a specific height/angle, but you can get it to happen every time. It's along the edge of the rooftop.

DavidJCobb

Novice
Feb 3, 2013
I'm constructing a map on top of the Grifball Court, and it includes a kind of runway on the side of the building, near the top. After I created it, I ran down it to test if it was smooth...and discovered a glitch. At a certain point, a large gray stripe appears and goes horizontally across the front of the building. It only happens at a specific height, you can only see it running up or down the ramps I have in place, but it's game-breaking and irritating.
Anybody seen this thing before?
I haven't seen it in Halo 4, but it could be a bug with level-of-detail scaling. The object you're having difficulties with is merged into the outer walls of the Grifball Court, yes?

A friend of mine found a similar bug when using the tips of Antenna, Satellites as ramps. He placed several of them side-by-side to form these ramps, and we found that if you stood upon them and looked straight down, the item would render at a very low level of detail right in front of your face. The game apparently miscalculated when trying to figure out whether players were supposed to be able to see it from that angle, probably because the objects were merged very deeply into the ground.

FloydRTC95

Adept
Jan 9, 2013
Tucson, AZ
I'm not having difficulty with any object, per se. This glitch was present when I was checking over the map before I had phased anything into the side of the building. After I phased them in, still had the same problem. I took them out, no difference. Started fresh, no difference. I think it's just an Erosion thing.

DavidJCobb

Novice
Feb 3, 2013
I'm not having difficulty with any object, per se. This glitch was present when I was checking over the map before I had phased anything into the side of the building. After I phased them in, still had the same problem. I took them out, no difference. Started fresh, no difference. I think it's just an Erosion thing.
Oh, so the stripe is on the hardcoded geometry rather than on your objects?

Yeah, probably an Erosion thing, then.