file share/ FFA problems

Jan 19, 2013
Arizona
Okay so i already posted a few maps on my file share and now i want to make FFA game type on them... how do i make FFA game type on my maps.. and also if i edit my maps that are on my file share will it change them? i mean will i have to delete the one that is on my file share and then put the new edited version of the map back on my file share?.. or will it change the one on my file share when i edit and save it? gosh i hope this makes sense =/

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Your file share will take the map however it is when you upload it and keep it that way, so if you make changes you must delete the odl one off it and upload again.

Note, however, that it is far wiser to use the Save As feature than the Save feature. There is a very prominent glitch where, when using the Save feature, the last map you have been on is overwritten. Using Save As at all times will never result in this, though you may want to add a number to the end of each new save so as to remember which is the newest (example: Map 1.0, Map 1.1, 1.2, etc...)
Another way to avoid this is to "Clear the cache." This is done by simply, before loading up the map you plan to work on, you load a dev map beforehand. A lot of people use Abandon, as it is at the top of the list. These methods should help save you from losing a map you've put hours into, which has happened to almost all of us once or twice.

As for FFA, any gametype that can support FFA should have the options "Teams: Enabled/ Disabled" in it's gametype options. Slayer, regicide, king of the hill, and oddball are the most notable FFA modes.

Good luck!

Jan 19, 2013
Arizona
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! i have had remake 3 maps because of that da** GLITCH! Although, I am not really mad about it. They came out better and better each time. I have learned to do the whole pick a random map b4 you work on your map thing though! it just took some time for me to figure out what was going on, and even longer to figure out how to fix it haha. Thank you for the FFA advise too! you were very helpful FLYING SHOE ILR! all i need to know now is how to make the spawns for FFA on my maps and ill be all set! =]