Forged Ops

Nero_Link

Novice
Jan 12, 2013
What is it?

Forged Ops is new style of forge maps I am developing. These maps are set up like a set of Spartan Ops missions - 5 missions with a common setting and goal. The narrative is set up by the description of each map and players fill the gap by playing the actual levels.

The first Forged Ops mission takes place on the UNSC ship 'Heaven's Gate' as it is ambushed by a cloaked Covenant cruiser. The ship's crew are forced to defend themselves from oncoming Banshee's that attempt to board their craft. The following 4 missions detail the crew's fight against the boarders and their eventual escape.

As mentioned, each mission will have a goal of some sort and this is communicated through multiplayer gametypes such as CTF and Dominion. For example, CTF would represent a 'get to this waypoint to escape' kind of mission, whereas Dominion is sort of 'defend this station as long as possible' as the crew make their escape.

I was wanting to gauge interest, take suggestions and help and also gather play testers if anyone is willing. The maps themselves are done, but I need to tweak the gametypes and spawning. If you can assist, or are interested in the project in any way, please sound off below.

Previews coming soon :)

Reactions: iws27

xCASx ROB

Adept
Jan 11, 2013
Hey great idea. I would love to bring back that mission-like feel to custom games again like they had on Reach with invasion. I'm also a forger and one of my goals is to find a good way to create progression games. So seeing another cool new idea to the forge interests me. I don't really know how skilled of a forger you are, but I'd love to test these out and help you improve in any way I can.

Nero_Link

Novice
Jan 12, 2013
Thanks for the response guys :) I'll add you on XBL later, my GT is Nero Link for anyone else that's interested. Would love to get a bit of a play test going if possible and bounce ideas etc :) I actually didn't forge too much in Reach, but now I wish i did because this map would work perfect in invasion, so perhaps I will go back to Reach and make a similar thing one day. In any case, Impact is by far my favourite forge setting and it's fun to try and figure out ways to get things to work in H4.

xCASx ROB

Adept
Jan 11, 2013
You mentioned CTF and Dominion. I don't know if you were going to use it, but I recommend extraction. It's the exact same thing as assault but more editable. Also like I mentioned earlier, I'm really interested in finding ways to play progression games, and extraction is capable of this. I think it would work really well and with these many great forge minds, we can make something awesome :)

iws27

Adept
Jan 10, 2013
Requium
Is it ok if I use the idea on some other maps? Like, if I made one of these on my own. I LOVE the concept and really want to try it.

Nero_Link

Novice
Jan 12, 2013
Oh, it's not like I'm copyrighting it LOL of course you can. Love to see what you come up with :D And yeah, I realise extraction is a good one, especially since you can make items despawn, which isn't possible in dominion. I also though Grifball could work too. Anyway, the gametypes are still WIP so I can always change them and see how that goes :) Would love to start a session and get some people's ideas. I'm in Australia so it's a bit difficult since most people are in bed now, and I'm working or sleeping during the day for America :p