Introduction G'day all.

SHINOBII K11

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
I started to use forge about 4 months before Halo 4 came out at first I had no clue how to use it, still don't really but I'm a lot better now thanks to the aesthetic videos posted by Oakley Hidef. At first I thought what a dumb collection of buildings and shapes so total ignored Forge for years never even played custom games until I came across Oakley's how to build an invasion map on YouTube and saw that the pieces could be blended together to make your own building and that you could create maps with your own story. I then realized I was dumb and not the palette given to us. So I made 2 maps in Forge World (I miss that map) that haven't been tested yet, then Halo 4 came out and I have made 2 more (I'm pretty busy) that need fine tuning so once I get at chance to set up a lobby I'd like to work out the bugs for the different game modes. Lol poor Oakley I got I bit carried away with his videos and sent him a heep of texts on Xbox live before I went on Christmas holidays away from home for 3 weeks. While I was gone I didn't have my Xbox so I started to look for more Forge videos then subscribed to my first YouTube channel (THFE) and realized how many people subscribe to the channel and learnt about the THFE forum and thought oh crap I just spammed Oakley and the guy probably gets smashed with messages all the time so sorry Oakley I'm a Dud and I'll try do it the right way now lol. So yeah I'm keen to try and make some good maps that have some kind of story to them and play well.

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Aha! That's a good story guy. Welcome to Halo Customs! You should feel particularly at home in our forge discussion and maps section. Enjoy!

Reactions: SHINOBII K11

SHINOBII K11

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
Well its 12:20 am down under Western Australia and I finish work in just under an hour so I thought I'd just jump on line and check out HaloCustoms. Thanks for the comments. When I get home I'll upload my map (UNSC Spirit of war, pictured in my Avatar) to my file share so people can start to have a look. I still need to refine the maps Spawn locations and game type but I have quickly set up some Red vs. Blue spawn points that should work for Slayer make sure you allow vehicles and weapons on map this way when the game kicks off Blue team will have access to a fleet of banshees to attack the Cruiser and Red team can return fire with shade turrets and a tank. Red team should be able to gain access to the ship by smashing through the shields over the air locks on the hull of the ship and get hold of any number of weapons, Mantis, Hogs or Mongoose. If anyone gets chance to have a look please send me a message about what you like and don’t like and I’ll try work out the bugs. Enjoy and thanks.

SHINOBII K11

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
Ok so there is probably an easy solution to this but I haven’t nailed it yet so I’ll through it out there to someone that has greater forging prowess than I.
I made an armoury on one of my maps but when I start a custom game the weapons are not there. I figured that it has something to do with labels but I have tried a few things like Place on map True, game specific True. I set it for Slayer, FFS and Team Slayer but it still doesn’t work. I made a custom game type as well allowing weapons on map but know luck. Please help.

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
There's a property for items which sets the time into the game at which the items respawn. Is Place At Start set as True? Apart from that, you could try deleting the weapons you've set, and placing them again. Whatever's made them go wonky probably wasn't default.

SHINOBII K11

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
Thanks. I'll double check the place at start thing when I get home. But I think I'll just have to start again. For future reference, I've just started using this site and was woundering where would be the best place to ask this type of question? The shout box or else where. Thanks again.

CO BOARDERS

Adept
Jan 13, 2013
Thanks. I'll double check the place at start thing when I get home. But I think I'll just have to start again. For future reference, I've just started using this site and was woundering where would be the best place to ask this type of question? The shout box or else where. Thanks again.

Welcome! There is a Forge Discussion section where you can probably ask and find answers to most any forging question. Here:

http://halocustoms.com/forums/forge-discussion.15/