Halo Halo 4 Title Update

Jan 14, 2013
Hello everyone. I am simply curious about anyone who has any knowledge of the title update? I am certainly hopeful that 343 has learned from their game already; considering the fact that I feel like I am playing a beta version right now. I am really hoping they incorporate some better flowing maps as well as some balances to the weapon system. The battle rifle seems just ever so slightly inferior to the Dmr, and I hope many of you can agree with me. I have not seen to much information released by 343 about the TU, as it seems it is quite hush hush... which is slightly frustrating. :confused: So please feel free to express thoughts or opinions, as well as leak any info you have obtained.

CoreKeyblade

Proficient
Jan 18, 2013
Britain, England
BR is "slightly inferior" to the DMR? Dude... I'm a reasonably good halo player, but Ragnorak is DMR heaven, everybody uses the DMR on that map due to long sight lines and the map is broken itself because of it. You can't move 5 meters without being shot at by it, however if you play halo 3's vahalla, which only has assault rifles and BR's as main spawns, it's one of the better maps bungle ever made. I defiantly feel they need to ether reduce the DMR's damage, make it less user freindly, or at it astetics to reduce sight lines on "Designated massacre rifle" maps... :)

Jan 14, 2013
lol, i am only trying to be reasonable in saying so. Believe me, I completely agree with you. The Dmr's range breaks maps, and should not have nearly the amount of zoom it currently has. I just don't think the two weapons can coincide with current settings.

Reactions: CoreKeyblade

mazdak26

Proficient
well, the problem is that DMRs worked with reach maps, which were geared towards shorter sightlines, anyway. That's why when there was the occasional long sightline, it was never a big problem. Unfortunately in Halo 4, the maps have much longer sightlines that make the DMR and the Light Rifle the dominant weapons.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
the light rifle can actually kill faster than the DMR when scoped.

BR is "slightly inferior" to the DMR? Dude... I'm a reasonably good halo player, but Ragnorak is DMR heaven, everybody uses the DMR on that map due to long sight lines and the map is broken itself because of it. You can't move 5 meters without being shot at by it, however if you play halo 3's vahalla, which only has assault rifles and BR's as main spawns, it's one of the better maps bungle ever made. I defiantly feel they need to ether reduce the DMR's damage, make it less user freindly, or at it astetics to reduce sight lines on "Designated massacre rifle" maps... :)

I actually played "Classic Valhalla" last night, it was a forge map on H4's ragnarok, and it played with H3 style loadouts, and damn it was fun and balanced!!
Game ended 98-97

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
the light rifle can actually kill faster than the DMR when scoped.

I actually played "Classic Valhalla" last night, it was a forge map on H4's ragnarok, and it played with H3 style loadouts, and damn it was fun and balanced!!
Game ended 98-97
Yes, this just proves that Valhalla/Ragnorak itself is awesome, but the sandbox largely due to the DMR completely and utterly breaks it. That thing needs to be nerfed.

mazdak26

Proficient
Yes, this just proves that Valhalla/Ragnorak itself is awesome, but the sandbox largely due to the DMR completely and utterly breaks it. That thing needs to be nerfed.
well, it needs to be nerfed at short range. It makes perfect sense for it to be the weapon of choice on wide open maps. Personally, I think it would have been better if the BR had bloom and the DMR had recoil. That way, the DMR's recoil could less at long range, making it more effective, while the bloom on the BR would discourage long range fights.

The BR having a slightly faster perfect killtime, of course.

Crimson Flux

Novice
Jan 16, 2013
I've played a gazilion games of CTF on Ragnarok and I can't ever remember seeing orange beams sans Binary Rifle. Not to mention any LR user would be picking up a DMR after a few minutes anyway considering the LR's lack of ammo (especially on Ragnarok when no one else is using it).

PERFECT KILL TIMES FOR H4 PRECISION WEAPONS (in seconds):
LRS - 1.4
DMR - 1.6
BR / LR - 1.8

AIM ASSIST:
The DMR has a TON of bullet magnetism (once you land a shot, it will continue placing shots on target even if slightly out of reticle) while the BR has reticle play (target can be slightly outside the center ring) but only to compensate for burst. The LR has negligible, if any, aim assist, either scoped or unscoped. The DMR also has a longer red-reticle scoped range compared to the BR/LR and has a more accurate (smaller) reticle.

I think the DMR needs a pace increase and another shot to kill. I don't want to see that weapon in Adrift unless it's at the very end of the Attic or the Halls. It's just too accurate to kill as fast as it does; there is no down side to its use. At a certain "skill" level, you're handicapping yourself for using anything else.

Jan 14, 2013
The light rifle doesnt have aim assist because it is similar to real time bullet. Sort of like the halo 3 BR, which took some pretty solid skill to master might I add. Halo 4 seems to eliminate that skill gap almost completely. By trying to compete with CoD, Micro$oft has made the game dull and vanilla. I am really hoping that they were able to listen to a lot of the community that didnt rave greatness about the game. Hopefully 343 can look back on their mistakes. But this is only wishful thinking. :p

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Not even close... I'd like to see the assault nerfed. The kill time is too high in proportion to the skill it takes to use it.
No, don't even talk about the AR getting nerfed. If you played Reach you'd know why. The Halo 4 AR is perfect.

The light rifle doesnt have aim assist because it is similar to real time bullet. Sort of like the halo 3 BR, which took some pretty solid skill to master might I add. Halo 4 seems to eliminate that skill gap almost completely. By trying to compete with CoD, Micro$oft has made the game dull and vanilla. I am really hoping that they were able to listen to a lot of the community that didnt rave greatness about the game. Hopefully 343 can look back on their mistakes. But this is only wishful thinking. :p
Sorry friend it seems you've misspelled MICROSOFT.

Reactions: CoreKeyblade

CoreKeyblade

Proficient
Jan 18, 2013
Britain, England
I Played Reach, and the AR was where it was supposed to be. Somewhere between Reach and Halo 4 is perfect. I don't like how you can be rewarded so well for using a weapon that requires such little skill.
You could apply that logic to most weapons in halo 4, I'm failing to see your logic how you can consider the assault rifle o.p (yet it's an assault rifle and does what it's supposed too?) and not consider the DMR o.p when it's one of the most bitched about weapons on any halo forum...

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

mazdak26

Proficient
1st: FUCK REALISM Gameplay is what matters. The assault rifle should function as a weapon that new players use because they are not yet proficient with a precision weapon. When a player with a precision weapon misses 1 shot AND does not fire at its fastest rate at close range is where it should win. The assault rife not only can kill much faster than any precision weapon, the bloom is nerfed so much that it is not even a close range weapon. If you are using an automatic weapon, you do not deserve to kill faster, no matter what kind of assault weapon it is.

Jan 14, 2013
assault rifle has no problems in my opinion. The only time I find myself getting frustrated is when I die from someone using one because I choked on the final headshot.

Reactions: FRYMEN

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
1st: FUCK REALISM Gameplay is what matters. The assault rifle should function as a weapon that new players use because they are not yet proficient with a precision weapon. When a player with a precision weapon misses 1 shot AND does not fire at its fastest rate at close range is where it should win. The assault rife not only can kill much faster than any precision weapon, the bloom is nerfed so much that it is not even a close range weapon. If you are using an automatic weapon, you do not deserve to kill faster, no matter what kind of assault weapon it is.
...You do know the DMR is a noob weapon if any weapon is.