Ideas for maps

Absentduck

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
Lancashire
I tought that if anyone had any ideas but they had no time to forge them then they could leave them here for the community to see and be inspired by...lets see what comes up, you never know the next big idea could be on here.

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
ducain is also doing this
but i have an idea for a race map that i cant do
because i cant do arching turns
ok it could be called speed bump
and basically the idea is when u build jumps
u would have a 2 by 4 on 90 degrees
then another two by fouron 90 degrees
then repeat twice
oh and if anyone does this i would be really greatful
and please send me a message on XBL and also
post it here regards ninja samuri

Jan 29, 2013
I had an idea for making Run For Cover on Zeus, and I began to implement it. Then I came up with a bit of a problem. The game type I was going to base it on was KOTH. I don't mind having to wait in the hill for five seconds if I have to, but it really isn't optimal for game play. But then I discovered that the red team (in the heavens) required sniper, binary, and beam rifles, etc., but the blue team (on the ground) requires plasma pistols or pistols only.

This leaves me with weapons on the heavenly platform for pickup. That is, well, sort of okay, except that they can be "dropped" over the side and down onto the ground, giving the mere mortal blue team the weapons of the gods! I am now thinking I need to position the red team over the water so that if they drop their weapons, the weapons will always fall in the water. But that isn't quite right either. The red team was literally overhead.

How did Halo 3 solve the dropped weapon problem?

BTW, it is funny when you see a red team player fall to the ground all of the sudden!

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
I had an idea for making Run For Cover on Zeus, and I began to implement it. Then I came up with a bit of a problem. The game type I was going to base it on was KOTH. I don't mind having to wait in the hill for five seconds if I have to, but it really isn't optimal for game play. But then I discovered that the red team (in the heavens) required sniper, binary, and beam rifles, etc., but the blue team (on the ground) requires plasma pistols or pistols only.

This leaves me with weapons on the heavenly platform for pickup. That is, well, sort of okay, except that they can be "dropped" over the side and down onto the ground, giving the mere mortal blue team the weapons of the gods! I am now thinking I need to position the red team over the water so that if they drop their weapons, the weapons will always fall in the water. But that isn't quite right either. The red team was literally overhead.

How did Halo 3 solve the dropped weapon problem?

BTW, it is funny when you see a red team player fall to the ground all of the sudden!
You could set the weapons to fixed, it may look a bit odd but should work. If not, put barriers to stop dead players from falling if you can.

Jan 29, 2013
You could set the weapons to fixed, it may look a bit odd but should work. If not, put barriers to stop dead players from falling if you can.
Fixed seems interesting... I will try that I think.

I am not so worried about the dead gods falling, but that one may want to give the mortals their weapons by tossing them over or through the holes in the flooring. (but they do look funny when they fall in front of you all of the sudden).