Ideas

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
Halo forge an really good addition to a already good game. But due to forgers block many of us don't know either how to build cool stuff or just don't know what to even build or how to get started. This thread will be an exchange of ideas and help to create some of the best forge maps know to halo. Just post your ideas, suggestions, and problems and poeple will listen

Here are a few of my ideas

Sirens cove: basically a ship stranded on the rocks and is being attacked by waves of sirens(flood)and humans have to survive

Space station: a fairly large space station with cramped ares and tight short rooms and hallways

Shipping lanes: a space port filled with shipping containers and mail rooms

My gt is: a bored teen

Friend me if u need help on any thing or just want to do some customs or matchmaking sadly I don't have a mic.
See you on the battle field

Ormy96

Proficient
Jan 16, 2013
Somewhere in the UK.
Good thread Teen. I have one idea that may be good aesthetically and competitively. Some kind of skyscraper hotel thing or something that has a big chunk out the side. It could be a good idea for flood because it could be a linear thing to get to the top of the skyscraper to the helipad although the only air vehicle we have now is the banshee. -_-

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
Good thread Teen. I have one idea that may be good aesthetically and competitively. Some kind of skyscraper hotel thing or something that has a big chunk out the side. It could be a good idea for flood because it could be a linear thing to get to the top of the skyscraper to the helipad although the only air vehicle we have now is the banshee. -_-
I could do that it wouldn't be hard

Parker Melnyk

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
a galaxy far far away
Make sure that you can change levels on using the chunk that is out. Also it would be cool if you could mimic wind by putting sideways g zones.

Reactions: Ormy96

Crimsonkiller52

Qualified
Feb 2, 2013
You know the meme THFE is doing? Shmeefs? Well how about a Shmeef base and army to go with it? A J Yusi or Oakley HiDef if you are reading this, I am helping with the shmeefs.

Crimsonkiller52

Qualified
Feb 2, 2013
Halo forge an really good addition to a already good game. But due to forgers block many of us don't know either how to build cool stuff or just don't know what to even build or how to get started. This thread will be an exchange of ideas and help to create some of the best forge maps know to halo. Just post your ideas, suggestions, and problems and poeple will listen

Here are a few of my ideas

Sirens cove: basically a ship stranded on the rocks and is being attacked by waves of sirens(flood)and humans have to survive

Space station: a fairly large space station with cramped ares and tight short rooms and hallways

Shipping lanes: a space port filled with shipping containers and mail rooms

My gt is: a bored teen

Friend me if u need help on any thing or just want to do some customs or matchmaking sadly I don't have a mic.
See you on the battle field
If you have a Kinect use it as a mic.

Ormy96

Proficient
Jan 16, 2013
Somewhere in the UK.
Another map you could try is an upside-down maze, using gravity zones just to make the players even more disoriented. I think this would work with Slayer, CTF and KOFT. Maybe even dominion.

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
I've actually thought of something like this. Basically it would be maze divided horizontally --- by a grid on the top you would be pushed up by the trait on the bottom it would be like normal

Ormy96

Proficient
Jan 16, 2013
Somewhere in the UK.
Another idea I've had recently is a puzzle map with weird orientations of the forge pieces to really mess with the players head. It could work as a team sniper or swat map as well.

Crimsonkiller52

Qualified
Feb 2, 2013
I was thinking the other day. Parkour Paintball. Obviously you have to parkour to survive along with shooting. So just a parkour map that will be used with a paintball gametype but just rename the two," Parkour Paintball".

Feb 26, 2013
I'd love to see a remake of Abandoned Base (Quake 1's DM3). I would like to give this a shot, but I'd like to throw the idea out there for anyone! Lots of good memories from my youth on that map.

This would be a slayer varient, 4v4 size map, going back to a bit of old school FPS. I haven't messed with halo 4 forge enough to know what will work, but if anyone wants to tackle this that has more time than me, feel free!

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
I have a weird idea. Basically, it's a Flood map on Erosion, set in a chemical plant, where the lowest level of the map has poison gas (a trait zone that decays the survivors shields when they are in it), and at regular intervals, the gas will spread to the next level, until there is only one area where the survivors can hold out in without slowly dying.