"Infection" Maps Suck!

Infection maps... I'm going to jump right into it. Flood and Infection are great game types. They can be a great deal of fun but more often than not come maps that are called, "Infection" Maps. I have seen some good maps that play flood and infection well, but maps that are so cluttered, so dark, and so confusing are not! Infection maps for me have become an excuse to pass off poorly forged maps that would never make it into matchmaking. So Without further ado here's my top 5 list of things not to do in a map. Period.

1. NO CLUTTER! There is no reason to clutter up the map so you can't walk without bumps.

2. Lighting! You need lighting. If I can't see I can't feed. No I should not have to change my gamma to see on your map.

3. No exploits! Walls must be connected to the ceiling. stairs properly aligned, and more than one entrance to each area.

4. Clipping. I should not fall off the map by going through an tiny gap.

5. Spawning - 10 is not enough. you need at least 75 if not 100 to have effective spawning.

If you map has any of the issues above I will not play it and if I do I will leave early once I see it. I do not like to have my time wasted on such garbage.

S.N.

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
calling it garbage is kind of harsh but i agree with many of your points. the lack of lighting makes some of the best maps in halo 4 flood (the hidden on office for example) but i agree that its overused. you can prevent pieces from casting a shadow by setting the spawntimer to <10 seconds and "place at start"to false

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
Infection maps... I'm going to jump right into it. Flood and Infection are great game types. They can be a great deal of fun but more often than not come maps that are called, "Infection" Maps. I have seen some good maps that play flood and infection well, but maps that are so cluttered, so dark, and so confusing are not! Infection maps for me have become an excuse to pass off poorly forged maps that would never make it into matchmaking. So Without further ado here's my top 5 list of things not to do in a map. Period.

There's shit maps for every gametype, not just flood. While there has been forge in Halo, there have always been bad maps and good maps. Infection comes under the spotlight a bit harsh because of it's popularity, meaning that more novice forgers choose to forge with it in mind. I for one, know tons of great infection maps, some of them being the best maps I've ever seen. They have become "an excuse to pass off garbage" because that implies that the forger is trying to make a shitty map. Everyone thinks their maps are good, and nobody would use the most popular gametype to purposefully make themselves look like a noob.

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem

1. NO CLUTTER! There is no reason to clutter up the map so you can't walk without bumps.

2. Lighting! You need lighting. If I can't see I can't feed. No I should not have to change my gamma to see on your map.

3. No exploits! Walls must be connected to the ceiling. stairs properly aligned, and more than one entrance to each area.

5. Spawning - 10 is not enough. you need at least 75 if not 100 to have effective spawning.

If you map has any of the issues above I will not play it and if I do I will leave early once I see it. I do not like to have my time wasted on such garbage.

S.N.

I agree with most of this but my map I destroyed so i feel it has a reason to be "cluttered" as you say This is it http://halocustoms.com/threads/fallen.1880/ comment please

Crimsonkiller52

Qualified
Feb 2, 2013

S.N.
Wait... so custom made maps can get into matchmaking?