Halo Master Chief suddenly left-handed?

According to the images that were recently released it appears that John is suddenly left-handed.

click here for the image

At first I thought it might be a reflection because he's upside down, but upon closer inspection I noticed the scratches on his chest armor. Those scratches are on the right side, and the weapon is held in the hand on the other side in a way that suggests that if he had to raise his weapon to shoot enemies he'd be doing so left-handed.

In the past quite a few images that have been released show John holding the weapon left-handedly, like in this image for example, but in these cases the image was always horizontally flipped, as you can tell by the scratches on his chest.

So, what do you guys think about this?
Silly mistake by the devs or will John be holding his gun differently in Halo 5?

Some of you may know I posted this on waypoint too, where it was locked within the hour because it was "mentioned" somewhere in a 45+ page thread before I posted my thread.

Below is what snickerdoodle told me after I asked why he locked my thread:

AssaultCommand said:
I'm curious as to why my thread was locked.
You suggested I should continue the discussion in this thread which is quite unrelated. The only similarities are that it uses the same pictures as far as I can tell...

snickerdoodle said:
Because you were discussing something that HAS in fact been covered in that thread. There's a lot of good information in there, including the fact that Chief is holding the AR with his left hand.

AssaultCommand said:
I'm sorry that I didn't feel like reading through 45+ pages of replies just to find out if anyone had mentioned it.

Since I could not find anything related to what I wanted to discuss on the first 5 pages or the last 5 pages, I decided to post my own thread about it assuming that since it's generally frowned upon to discuss off-topic matters it would be the best course of action.

Again, I'm sorry for not being up to date with that thread and I'd like to apologize for my apparent stupidity.

This is why I barely go on waypoint anymore. HaloCustoms ftw!

JL1223 X

Master
Feb 14, 2013
Hong Kong
i wish i wasn't banned from waypoint
i broke the rules too much ;(

In any case, I think they did that art just so Chief and Locke are mirroring, with their weapons on the same side.

And just because you hold your weapon in one hand doesn't mean that hand is immediately dominant.

i wish i wasn't banned from waypoint
i broke the rules too much ;(

In any case, I think they did that art just so Chief and Locke are mirroring, with their weapons on the same side.

And just because you hold your weapon in one hand doesn't mean that hand is immediately dominant.
You'd think Spartans are trained to keep their weapons ready at all times if they have them. Keeping it in your dominant hand would make sense for better accuracy and thus a better chance at winning the fight against potentially superior enemies.

JL1223 X

Master
Feb 14, 2013
Hong Kong
You'd think Spartans are trained to keep their weapons ready at all times if they have them. Keeping it in your dominant hand would make sense for better accuracy and thus a better chance at winning the fight against potentially superior enemies.
In that case there's no reason why a Spartan should ever put his weapon away. And yes, maybe they should keep their weapons ready but in a picture like this, which was 1. Made for the pose and 2. In a place where there are no discernible potential threats to either Chief or Locke, does it really matter?

In that case there's no reason why a Spartan should ever put his weapon away. And yes, maybe they should keep their weapons ready but in a picture like this, which was 1. Made for the pose and 2. In a place where there are no discernible potential threats to either Chief or Locke, does it really matter?
He's not in UNSC controlled space, on what is likely sanghelios. There's a rebellion going on on that planets so it would make sense to keep his weapon ready. That plus the fact there's active camouflage technology means you should never let your guard down, even in UNSC controlled space.

JL1223 X

Master
Feb 14, 2013
Hong Kong
He's not in UNSC controlled space, on what is likely sanghelios. There's a rebellion going on on that planets so it would make sense to keep his weapon ready. That plus the fact there's active camouflage technology means you should never let your guard down, even in UNSC controlled space.
Do we KNOW he's in Sanghelios? Hmmmm?

I think you're just over-analyzing the picture.