Remakes: Any Good Ideas?

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Basically, I'm asking if there are any maps, Halo or otherwise, that you think would be nice to have remake using forge?

Personally, I'd like to see a recreation of the RPD Building from Resident Evil 2 and Nemesis. I saw a couple remakes in Reach, but a lot of them fell short, in my expectations at least, on the whole atmosphere the map really needed.

Also, I'd like to see one done of Deimos from UT3. It was an interesting map, have great verticality and, due to Trait Zones and a space forge environment, you can make the remake a lot more true to the original, with the differing gravity from inside and out.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
I'm in the process of remaking countdown. I think reach certainly had maps that deserve to be remade. I didn't see any in the forgotten treasures contest.
Which Forge environment are you making it on? Either way, I'd love to see it.

Toxicity from Quake. You may have to scale up some, but it has an excellent design.
Just watched a bit of gameplay on that map. Would work pretty good as a 2v2 map.

Also, I think that Kargo from Ut3 would be an awesome map to remake in 4. It was a nice symmetrical V-CTF map, and the vehicles could quite easily be replaced with similar ones from Halo (e.g. The Hellbender = Guass Warthog, Scorpion = Ghost (if only for the boost ability)).