The Random Map Generator Thread

So I got this Idea from Dax, Goat, and Spin's Map Sketch Contest. Eccentrically what this thread is about is coming up with random elements you want in a map. These elements can range from a feature, landmark, objects, or even size.

Example 1: You must create a map that has 2 buildings that resemble 2 from halo 3's ghost town, and utilize 3 gravlifts in its design.
Example 2: you must create a map that utilizes at least 9 gravity volumes the alter game play in interesting ways and yet keep it competitive, with a cross (or X) shaped pit in the center.
Example 3: You must create a map using 5 different buildings that can support dominion play, while utilizing a moving "train" that runs through the center of your map.
Example 4: Your map must have a conveyer belt (Doesn't Have to be accessible) and support BTB.

Got some crazy Ideas? Post them below! That includes you Dax, Goat, and Spin. I would like to say this is not a contest but simply a place for people to get inspiration to create new and interesting forge maps.

Thanks!

S.N.

Reactions: SpinCycle014

Dax

o/
Jan 12, 2013
Yo! Glad to see the Map Sketch contest interested you enough to make this thread! There's actually been some talk about making another similar contest, but this time around having participants actually forge the maps instead of just sketching the ideas. If you're ok with it, we could use this thread for coming up with and discussing possible design elements to be used in the next contest (you know, if there is one... :p). The plan is to broadcast the contest around to several different Halo and forge-related communities in an effort to spur some creativity and originality in the forging community as a whole. And I think it'd be really neat to be able to say that this upcoming contest all got started from this thread and those who were awesome enough to contribute.

But this is your thread, so if you'd like the discussion to be kept separately, feel free to say so!

For those of you unfamiliar with the previous contest being discussed, check here.

Got a few more for ya'll

Utilizing the roof of the Erosion structure you must build a 4v4 map capable of dominion
Create a map that uses nothing but the natural terrain, Natural Palate, and a Single structure that is smaller than 20x20. The building blocks, walls, decorative, and ect. may by used around the structure as long as they do no leave 20 x 20 area.
Create a map that resembles numbers! Font does not matter. The map must be able to support a 4v4 competitive game type.

Got some more for you all!

In your map, You must use at least 2 of the small asteroids in an accessible way on impact.
In your map, you must forge within the chasm on ravine and build it for 4v4. no part of your map can stick out of it.
In your map, you must utilize 8 Teleporters in a non confusing way.
In your map, You must create a map that allows for Aeriel Wraith Combat, Click here for more info.
In your map, You must use nothing but blocks and build a map for 2v2+ combat.

Have fun!

Dax

o/
Jan 12, 2013
In your map, you must utilize 8 Teleporters in a non confusing way.

Not sure if that's possible, lol

Let's see if I can think of a few...
Your map must be built out from Ravine's canyon.
You must use each object only in the way it's name describes it. (A "wall" piece must be used as a wall, not as a floor or ceiling, etc.)
You must combine aspects of the following two Halo maps: Lockout and Zanzibar.
You must combine aspects of the following two Halo maps: Cold Storage and High Ground.
You must combine aspects of the following two Halo maps: The Pit and Sanctuary
You must combine aspects of the following two Halo maps: Orbital and Hang 'em High.

I love the map combo ones. I just find it so interesting trying to figure out what aspects of these vastly different maps can be transformed into a playable space that still resembles both maps!

IAMAGUN15

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
North Carolina

Let's see if I can think of a few...
Your map must be built out from Ravine's canyon.
You must use each object only in the way it's name describes it. (A "wall" piece must be used as a wall, not as a floor or ceiling, etc.)
You must combine aspects of the following two Halo maps: Lockout and Zanzibar.
You must combine aspects of the following two Halo maps: Cold Storage and High Ground.
You must combine aspects of the following two Halo maps: The Pit and Sanctuary
You must combine aspects of the following two Halo maps: Orbital and Hang 'em High.

I love the map combo ones. I just find it so interesting trying to figure out what aspects of these vastly different maps can be transformed into a playable space that still resembles both maps!
lol when i started i only forged like the second suggestion, i spent days trying to find a "floor" piece

OMG! I just figured it out! I'll show you when I finish.

But anyway got some more for you all.

In your map, You must include 5 bases built in the sky AND use no more than 15 building blocks for each one.
In your map, You must have 4 atrium's each one using a gravity volume in some way.
In your map, You must include a cliff like drop that does not lead to death but rather to another section of your map. The player can not take damage upon landing.
In your map, You must utilize at least one 1 of every object in the unique palate for your selected canvas (If not possible in ravine you must have all parts used be unique).

HARDCORE CHALLENGE!

This one is a tough one. Without repeating a single object you must create a map for 2v2 play that is functional. It does not have to look good though that is a plus. To expand, if you use a 1x1 block you can not use a 1x1 block again but you can use a 1x2 unless you have already used that one. Spawning nor objectives are held by these rules. For Dominion, only Dominion terminals are counted as objectives.

Any interested takers?