What are Map Loadouts?

Jan 29, 2013
So there is this game type option to use or not use map loadouts. The description says that it uses loadouts assigned to the map. But I have no idea how to assign loadouts to any map.

Also, the only difference seems to be to take the game loadout and add two more loadouts with the same primary and secondary weapon, but with different armor abilities.

Does anyone know how this game type option works and how to use it to assign loadouts to a map?

xCASx ROB

Adept
Jan 11, 2013
There are three things: game loadouts, map loadouts, and personal loadouts. Game loadouts are what you can change for the player to select in-game. If you choose personal loadouts though, then the player gets to use his own. Map loadouts are separate from these two and are the two loadouts you see on the bottom. These are for beginners in matchmaking, or if you don't want to use your other classes pretty much. If selected "on", they will be present underneath either your game or personal loadouts during the game depending on which of the two you selected. They can be turned off and won't be present in the game if done so.

That's basically what they're for. Hope this helped

Reactions: Fuzzle
Jan 29, 2013
There are three things: game loadouts, map loadouts, and personal loadouts. Game loadouts are what you can change for the player to select in-game. If you choose personal loadouts though, then the player gets to use his own. Map loadouts are separate from these two and are the two loadouts you see on the bottom. These are for beginners in matchmaking, or if you don't want to use your other classes pretty much. If selected "on", they will be present underneath either your game or personal loadouts during the game depending on which of the two you selected. They can be turned off and won't be present in the game if done so.

Thanks for taking the time to explain all that. But I don't know how to change them. Are you saying we cannot change them? That they are whatever 343i chose to assign to each map/canvas?

xCASx ROB

Adept
Jan 11, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to explain all that. But I don't know how to change them. Are you saying we cannot change them? That they are whatever 343i chose to assign to each map/canvas?

That's correct. You can change the contents of game loadouts not map loadouts

Absentduck

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2013
Lancashire

You basically just hit the nail over the head there