Which gametypes do you consider to be 'Essential'?

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
Hi there I'm Turtle.
If you saw my introduction thread then you'll know I like
COLORS...
Yeah... Anyway...
I'm putting together a regular lobby specifically for Mini-games. I won't bore you with details, there is a time and a thread for that. But to get started I am compiling a list of gametypes and maps, broken down into categories. Most of the categories I can manage myself and with the help of a few members.
But before I can do that I want to know what you, as a community think are the best mini-games.
I'm talking the classics, back from Reach, Halo 3, even Halo 2 if it can be redone in H4.
Anything that has solid maps, and possibly different versions, that never fail to entertain.
I want to start a lobby that gives you a say as well, but before I do that I need to know what it is you want from a lobby. So go ahead, anything you can think of will be added to the list, though I may ask what it is first.
Heres what we have so far:
Duck Hunt
Jenga
Smashy Chase
Trash Compactor
Fat Kid
Crash up derby
Omega Journey
Cops and Robbers
Ro Sham Bo
Hot Potato
Mongoose Monarchy
Pac Man
Minotaur
Dodgeball
Nucleus
Run!
Hurricane
Mongoose Skatepark
3 Switches
Saw: Arena
Speed Halo
I was reminded to put racetracks on the list, but I feel I could use specifics, so if you have any suggestions for Halo 4 racetracks, post them as well and they'll be added to the new list below.
I'm sure you're not stupid but they will need to be accessible maps, so if you could give me the GT of the map creator or a direct link it'd be appreciated.
Racetrack list so far:
Star Wars Space Battle
NASCAR

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
Nice post man. You really are keeping up with the colours.

Omega Journey was pretty fun.

Cops and Robbers too.
Great suggestions. Will add them in now.
I'm yet to play a successful game of Omega Journey but I've heard good things, I'm just hoping it can be pulled off in Halo 4. I'll be looking into that shortly though.

Thanks again Panda.
-Turtle

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
Husky Raid, Ro-Sham-Bo, Hot Potato, Mongoose Monarchy. Others that I can't think about atm.
Thanks forgot about Hot Potato and Ro Sham Bo, I'll be looking for a lot more fiesta variants such as Ro Sham Bo in the future.

I've never heard of Mongoose Monarchy but it has reminded me to make a sub-category for racetracks, so thanks.
Hope you don't mind me asking what Mongoose Monarchy is? And Husky Raid? (I was under the impression Husky raid was similar to Ro Sham Bo? Was I wrong?)

-Turtle

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Mongoose Monarchy (made by our own adderrson)

Husky Raid (random weapons and a CTF gametype)

Ro Sham Bo (random weapons, Slayer elimination gametype)

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
Mongoose Monarchy (made by our own adderrson)

Husky Raid (random weapons and a CTF gametype)

Ro Sham Bo (random weapons, Slayer elimination gametype)

Thank you, I wont be adding Husky Raid simply because it's a variant of Ro Sham Bo, It has however been added to my personal notepad list for future lobbys, I intend on making a subcategory for fiesta style gametypes. For now I'll try and keep it simple with some originals.

Mongoose Monarchy looks like great fun and seems like it's been tested throughly. I'll add that in right now. Thank you.

Remember they don't necessarily need to be classics. If they've had mostly good feedback and thorough testing then I'll be putting it in the list.

-Turtle

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
Ghost Busters, Hurricane Katrina, Trash Compacter.
We already got Trash Compactor.
I'll look up the other 2 now. Sounds promising though. Thanks again man.

-Turtle

EDIT:
Is Ghostbusters just infection with active camo? Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

I found a map called Hurricane Sandy, will test it soon.

I've also found a few other well known games. I'll add them to the list when I wake up. It's pretty late here though and I've spent all day compiling a list with all the map details and authors, aswell as making sure I have the maps. This list will be touched up eventually and posted. Right now though, I'm going to bed.

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
Fuzzle that would be great. I've got a much bigger list now, I'm about to update this one.

Husky Raid is a variant of Ro Sham Bo, no point putting it there too. And I have no Idea how I forgot Speed Halo, I'll add it in too.

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
Ghost Busters, Hurricane Katrina, Trash Compacter.

These. Oh yes these.

I haven't really enjoyed any of the Halo 4 "classics" so far (Ro Sham Bo, Husky, etc.) because they're just plain lazy and poor. To be classic minigame you have to show some innovation. For example, Speed and Avalanche are perfect examples of Reach classics, because they brought something new to the table.

Also Dragrace, Protect Obama, and Japan Attack!

Turtlespoon

Qualified
Feb 4, 2013
Surrey, UK
Husky raid is much more fun than ro sham bo
This list is a category of essentials in a larger list of games to be used in future lobbys. So I don't want to make it too large.
Husky Raid will be played but I don't need both of them marked down as essentials. Some people won't want to play them both. And the majority chose Ro Sham Bo. Sorry buddy.

These. Oh yes these.

I haven't really enjoyed any of the Halo 4 "classics" so far (Ro Sham Bo, Husky, etc.) because they're just plain lazy and poor. To be classic minigame you have to show some innovation. For example, Speed and Avalanche are perfect examples of Reach classics, because they brought something new to the table.

Also Dragrace, Protect Obama, and Japan Attack!
Agreed. At the end of the day they're just fiesta variants, the maps themselves are nothing special either (Husky etc,).
"Dragrace, Protect Obama, and Japan Attack" Never heard of these, will look into them unless you wanna bring them along to my lobby later?

I wouldn't say Halo 4 has been out long enough to have any classics, I was more referring to the H3 and Reach classics that could be easily remade in H4 if they haven't been already.

-Turtle