Awesome Lobbies & New Features!

hc-communitycontent.jpg
We would like to take this time to showcase a group of community members that have consistently been hosting good lobbies but haven't received the recognition that they deserve. These members organize their lobbies very well, are very kind and always have some great maps to play. We would encourage everyone to try and get a game on at least one if not more of these hosts in the near future! Don't forget to rate and don't forget to check the bottom of the thread for some new site features!​
Sinogard
Who: Sinogard (GT: Sinonitsuj)
When: Friday nights
What: (Bronze & Silver Map Packs of Sinogard's creation) & And community testing if they follow these standards.
Why: Consistently hosts every Friday and his map pack always include some great maps
Next Upcoming Game: March 22
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
ForgeCafe
Who: ForgeCafe - Undr Zid (GT: undr zid) & X51000 (GT: X51000)
When: Friday and Saturday Nights
What: Play community maps and test maps
Why: ForgeCafe are great affiliates to HaloCustoms and they always host good lobbies. Lets integrate these two communities and play some customs together!
Next Upcoming Game: March 22 & March 23
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The Polka-dot Squad
Who: The Polka-dot Squad - Temporal Enigma (GT: Temporal Enigma)
When: Friday Nights
What: Mostly Minigames and Flood but occasionally anything
Why: Great games played (he makes good one himself too!), lobby is live-streamed, party left open, inviting your friends encouraged!
CrackSensei
Who: CrackSensei (GT: CrackSensei)
When: Often
What: Map Testing
Why: Makes lobbies often so it will be a good chance to test out some new maps! Also his last lobby name was Bacon Lobby. Nuff' said.
Next Upcoming Game: To be announced!
PA1NTS
Who: PA1NTS (GT: PA1NTS)
When: Varies
What: Mix of Flood & Competitive
Why: Always a great, friendly host. A great map-maker himself and always ready to showcase his new maps to his lobbies.
Next Upcoming Game: March 21

Short Bizzle
Who: ShortBizzle (GT: Short Bizzle)
What: Casually Competitive Maps
Why: One of the few great competitive hosts, Bizzle always works in new great game types that he has made or help make (such as VIP, Golden Gun)

RecklessRi1ey
Who: TheBlitzBroz - RecklessRi1ey (GT: RecklessRi1ey)
What: MINIGAMES!!
Why: RecklessRi1ey is always making great new minigames, I encourage you to check them out in his lobby!
NinetysBorn
Who: NinetysBorn (GT: NinetysBorn)
When: Friday Nights and other nights
What: Flood, Racing, Minigames!
Why: How's this for a reason, he's holding a raffle for 800 MS points in his next two lobbies (March 28, March 29)
Next Upcoming Game: http://halocustoms.com/threads/mar-28-2013-800-microsoft-points-raffle-ninetysborn.5698/

New Site Features & Updates:
  • New Graphics for RSVP (Pretty big new buttons Ooooo)
    • Yes (Check Mark), Un-RSVP (Cancel button)
    • No more Maybe button. Rolling this out to see how well it works. Could be changed back in the future
  • **Host Feature** - After your lobby is over there will be a big Exclamation Mark (*!*) button. When you click this is will copy a tag of all the members who RSVP'd to your lobby to your clipboard. It will also bring you to the bottom of the page where you can paste (ctrl + v) the list into the new post box. Post this list and everyone on the RSVP list will be notified to rate your lobby! This will help all of you hosts that have trouble reminding everyone in your lobby to rate.
WAKKO HOW DO I GET COOL LOBBIES?
Good questions little Johnny! There are many ways to improve your lobby to make it as good if not better than the Gold Hosts' and the Hosts' above.
  • Make your initial lobby post clear and neat.
    • Good description of maps you plan on playing.
    • Good grammar, spelling, and good use of titles.
  • Be fun and kind! If everyone likes you, they'll come back next time!
  • Play good maps!
    • It's also okay to play random maps that you don't know if they'll be good or not but it helps to throw in a classic map that you know everyone enjoys.
  • Offer to test maps after your playlist
    • People will jump at the opportunity to test their maps so they'll be more inclined to join your lobby!
  • Host consistently
    • Whether it's hosting often or at the same time every week, both will help you showcase your name and become more popular.
Finally, check out these threads for some great hosting tips!
http://halocustoms.com/threads/ultimate-guide-to-hosting.6278/#post-32495
http://halocustoms.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-to-hosting-by-spades-n-az.3090/#post-30726
http://halocustoms.com/threads/gold-hosts-q-and-a.4529/

OoO Can you guys should do a community spotlight for people who chat around the community a lot and participate in many different events rather than featuring only the hosts in future threads? Feature some people who have promoted the site in different forms, hosts a few games from time to time, and people who just take part in the Halo Customs community! :)

Reactions: DaftPunkSkittle
Yay :D I've been noticed lol
Thanx for the recognition Wakko. It's always cool to know when you're headed in the right direction.

Reactions: gmail
I guess you haven't noticed that I've been hosting nightly. ;)
Haha as Charles Stoot said, we didn't put up any Gold Hosts because obviously you guys get enough recognition with your gold highlights :p
This spotlight was meant for the people who are great hosts and don't have the recognition of being Gold Hosts.

Reactions: Charles Stoot
Haha as Charles Stoot said, we didn't put up any Gold Hosts because obviously you guys get enough recognition with your gold highlights :p
This spotlight was meant for the people who are great hosts and don't have the recognition of being Gold Hosts.
I didn't know forge cafe had a custom game lobby. What do they go by? Also Riley yes has great lobbies but he has only sign up once or twice on halo customs.

hc-communitycontent.jpg
We would like to take this time to showcase a group of community members that have consistently been hosting good lobbies but haven't received the recognition that they deserve. These members organize their lobbies very well, are very kind and always have some great maps to play. We would encourage everyone to try and get a game on at least one if not more of these hosts in the near future! Don't forget to rate and don't forget to check the bottom of the thread for some new site features!​
Sinogard
Who: Sinogard (GT: Sinonitsuj)
When: Friday nights
What: (Bronze & Silver Map Packs of Sinogard's creation) & And community testing if they follow these standards.
Why: Consistently hosts every Friday and his map pack always include some great maps
ForgeCafe
Who: ForgeCafe - Undr Zid (GT: undr zid) & X51000 (GT: X51000)
When: Friday and Saturday Nights
What: Play community maps and test maps
Why: ForgeCafe are great affiliates to HaloCustoms and they always host good lobbies. Lets integrate these two communities and play some customs together!
Next Upcoming Game: March 22 & March 23

The Polka-dot Squad
Who: The Polka-dot Squad - Temporal Enigma (GT: Temporal Enigma)
When: Friday Nights
What: Mostly Minigames and Flood but occasionally anything
Why: Great games played (he makes good one himself too!), lobby is live-streamed, party left open, inviting your friends encouraged!
CrackSensei
Who: CrackSensei (GT: CrackSensei)
When: Often
What: Map Testing
Why: Makes lobbies often so it will be a good chance to test out some new maps! Also his last lobby name was Bacon Lobby. Nuff' said.
PA1NTS
Who: PA1NTS (GT: PA1NTS)
What: Mix of Flood & Competitive
Why: Always a great, friendly host. A great map-maker himself and always ready to showcase his new maps to his lobbies.
Next Upcoming Game: March 21

Short Bizzle
Who: ShortBizzle (GT: Short Bizzle)
What: Casually Competitive Maps
Why: One of the few great competitive hosts, Bizzle always works in new great game types that he has made or help make (such as VIP, Golden Gun)

RecklessRi1ey
Who: TheBlitzBroz - RecklessRi1ey (GT: RecklessRi1ey)
What: MINIGAMES!!
Why: RecklessRi1ey is always making great new minigames, I encourage you to check them out in his lobby!
NinetysBorn
Who: NinetysBorn (GT: NinetysBorn)
When: Friday Nights and other nights
What: Flood, Racing, Minigames!
Why: How's this for a reason, he's holding a raffle for 800 MS points in his next two lobbies (March 28, March 29)
Next Upcoming Game: http://halocustoms.com/threads/mar-28-2013-800-microsoft-points-raffle-ninetysborn.5698/

New Site Features & Updates:
  • New Graphics for RSVP (Pretty big new buttons Ooooo)
    • Yes (Check Mark), Un-RSVP (Cancel button)
    • No more Maybe button. Rolling this out to see how well it works. Could be changed back in the future
  • **Host Feature** - After your lobby is over there will be a big Exclamation Mark (*!*) button. When you click this is will copy a tag of all the members who RSVP'd to your lobby to your clipboard. It will also bring you to the bottom of the page where you can paste (ctrl + v) the list into the new post box. Post this list and everyone on the RSVP list will be notified to rate your lobby! This will help all of you hosts that have trouble reminding everyone in your lobby to rate.
WAKKO HOW DO I GET COOL LOBBIES?
Good questions little Johnny! There are many ways to improve your lobby to make it as good if not better than the Gold Hosts' and the Hosts' above.
  • Make your initial lobby post clear and neat.
    • Good description of maps you plan on playing.
    • Good grammar, spelling, and good use of titles.
  • Be fun and kind! If everyone likes you, they'll come back next time!
  • Play good maps!
    • It's also okay to play random maps that you don't know if they'll be good or not but it helps to throw in a classic map that you know everyone enjoys.
  • Offer to test maps after your playlist
    • People will jump at the opportunity to test their maps so they'll be more inclined to join your lobby!
  • Host consistently
    • Whether it's hosting often or at the same time every week, both will help you showcase your name and become more popular.
Finally, check out these threads for some great hosting tips!

http://halocustoms.com/threads/ultimate-guide-to-hosting.6278/#post-32495
http://halocustoms.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-to-hosting-by-spades-n-az.3090/#post-30726
http://halocustoms.com/threads/gold-hosts-q-and-a.4529/
Well I read up a little and this is what I came up with http://halocustoms.com/threads/mar-23-2013-the-customs-of-the-century-great-mist-40.6376/
Tell me if it is a good lobby text or not please

Ok, gotcha.

Well I read up a little and this is what I came up with http://halocustoms.com/threads/mar-23-2013-the-customs-of-the-century-great-mist-40.6376/
Tell me if it is a good lobby text or not please

Try spacing your Rules from what you play I can barley tell where one begins and one ends. If you want to you can use my Basis. I wrote my rules Like the Host and not me or he. This was so that any one who wanted to use my rule system could check it out here. http://halocustoms.com/threads/hello-my-name-is-charles-stoot.5656/#post-29068
If you don't agree with my rules fine. but just look towards them as a reference.