Cool Certain Affinity's Ricochet Forge Contest

hc-coolstuff.jpg

After the success of their previous forge contest, Certain Affinity are yet again testing the skill of the Forging community with the help of Rooster Teeth and the elusive community cartographers. This time their gaze is turned on the recently released Ricochet game type.

1314083.png

If you want a chance at taking delivery of the awesome prizes on offer all you have to do is create a map and submit it by the 8th October. Well, it isn't really that simple, there are submission requirements put in place by CA in the Halo Waypoint announcement, as well as some helpful advice to push you in the right direction. You should give them a read before putting pen to paper, it's quite an extensive list of requirements and rules. I'll include the important bits here.
  • Submissions must be forged on either Forge Island, Ravine or Impact (I see they have realised Erosion isn't that great too) :rolleyes:
  • Submissions must support the ricochet game type
  • Submissions must support eight players (4 vs. 4)
  • Submissions must be small to medium in size
  • It is advised that the map is fun and built with Ricochet primarily in mind.
  • Individuals may only submit one map
  • Submissions must be submitted by the creator of the map file
  • Submissions must be a completely original creation (no remakes or rip-offs)
  • Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and be legal residents of the USA.
Prizes
A combination of swag from Certain Affinity and Rooster Teeth make up the prizes. Certainly worth sinking your teeth into Forge for. Hehe.

Grand Prize
  • Autographed Champions Bundle poster (signed by CA)
  • Autographed Halo 4 Concept art (signed by CA)
  • Certain Affinity T-shirt
  • Autographed Halo 4 Game of the Year Edition (signed by 343)
  • Halo 4 T-shirt
  • Rooster Teeth DVD
  • Rooster Teeth T-Shirt
  • Rooster Teeth poster
2nd Prize
  • Autographed Halo 4 Concept art (signed by CA)
  • Certain Affinity T-Shirt
  • Halo 4 T-shirt
  • Rooster Teeth poster
3rd Prize
  • Certain Affinity T-Shirt
  • Rooster Teeth poster
Additionally, the top 6 maps will be submitted for internal testing Certain Affinity, Rooster Teeth, the Community Cartographers and 343 Industries' Matchmaking Systems Team for Halo 4 Matchmaking consideration!

It sucks pretty bad that us foreigners can't take a shot, but good luck to all you American wishing to take part!

The restrictions are pretty ridiculous here. Halo is a 17+ game, so at the most you should have to be 17 if they are going to be stringent about age. As for country, that is utter garbage. Halo has a huge fan base outside the US and it always has. People in this fan base got ahold of ricochet at the same time everyone else did and shouldn't be excluded from adding their maps to the running.

Exactly what shoe said! Besides, most the people that were going to forge for this contest are restricted now. Honestly, i wouldnt expect a lot of submissions.

Look! I can gain three years in three....two...done! No, but seriously half of the Halo servers are high-schoolers, and half of the remaining half are foreigners. And I cant imagine how few people will be left that actually forge. Gershdernit!