Custom Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zoid

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
Hungary
You have to find it out you're self... okay customs: I actually want to host some time, I need a few maps, and some time on the weekends, I've been in some customs from this site and its interesting how everyone organizes their games differently. I've learnt some things, what not do and what to do.

FragsturBait

Expert
Jan 22, 2013
Colorado, USA
Probably my fault, so how about we get back on topic? Post your 3 favorite things about custom games and Forge in Halo 4, and 3 things you feel need improving.

Top 3:
1. Magnets, stupid useful. Proper use of them can cut build time in half.
2: Cloning. Cloning + magnets = proper use
3: Trait zones. Almost make up for the missing gametypes, considering the infinite number of possibilities they allow/

Not top 3:
1: Missing custom gametypes and options (ucwutIdidthere?)
2: Where the Eff is precision editing and zoom? Did they just forget that you could click the thumbsticks?
3: Lack of filebrowser support. I know we have basic functionality, a hard date for it to be fully working in game, and a time frame for full use, but this should have been available at launch.

Ninja

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Probably my fault, so how about we get back on topic? Post your 3 favorite things about custom games and Forge in Halo 4, and 3 things you feel need improving.

Top 3:
3: Trait zones. Almost make up for the missing gametypes, considering the infinite number of possibilities they allow/

Not top 3:
2: Where the Eff is precision editing and zoom? Did they just forget that you could click the thumbsticks?
3: Lack of filebrowser support. I know we have basic functionality, a hard date for it to be fully working in game, and a time frame for full use, but this should have been available at launch.

Top 3:

Not top 3:

1. ordinances, you can have weapons fall when things happen
2. gravity zones
3. dynamic lighting

BAD
1. the loading screen to become a human, GET RID OF DYNAMIC LIGHTING IN FORGE
2. more gametypes, Im sorry if Im inpatient but it has been 3 months since launch and they still don't have that many
3. gametypes, most have less options then reach, you can't change peoples color, you can't have infected work as well ect.
(one more thing is that teams can't talk to each other, it is really bothersome being host and trying to communicate during a game)

Jan 30, 2013
U.S. Missouri
I find it hard to have a good custom game with my close friends I had in halo 3 and reach and when they do play online they are doing machmaking
and also invasion is gone I don't really mind halo 4 forge but I do mind no invasion and no weapons on flood both gone make custom games my friends and I love gone

saber X ninja

Novice
Jan 9, 2013
somewhere
alright ive got an actual question about custom games. does anybody know how to change the settings so that you can only kill a person by hitting/shooting them in the back?

saber X ninja

Novice
Jan 9, 2013
somewhere
I find it hard to have a good custom game with my close friends I had in halo 3 and reach and when they do play online they are doing machmaking
and also invasion is gone I don't really mind halo 4 forge but I do mind no invasion and no weapons on flood both gone make custom games my friends and I love gone
yea same i hate that the infected cant have weapons besides the sword at least let them pick up weapons on the map and same i miss invasion

Garpfruit

Proficient
Jan 13, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Oh... well I just stepped into a highly philosophical conversation without realizing it... ... I can't think of anything philisophical to say, so I'm just going to say this, yo dawg, I heard you like epithets, ... ... ... ... .. ... .

Garpfruit

Proficient
Jan 13, 2013
Baltimore, MD
alright ive got an actual question about custom games. does anybody know how to change the settings so that you can only kill a person by hitting/shooting them in the back?
well, nothing for shooting, but you could turn damage off except for melees, torn off radar, so you can sneak up behind someone, and only give points for beat downs and assassinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.