Q&A Dax - Your Questions Answered

Q&A.jpg
Dax

In this Daxiest edition of the Halo Customs Staff Q&A, we've interviewed The Dax, a staff member whose Halo Customs origins have lead up to the exciting news of his recent upgrade to the admin position. You have asked your questions, and he has answered them. Well, as many as is reasonably possible. Do you feel like he's taken to long to finally answer? Let us know in the Front Page Feedback thread Maybe don't ask him so many questions next time*, eh?!

Below stands before you a harrowing enlightenment of one of the most beloved staff members on site. He talks about and waffles, origins, online dating, potatoes, explosions and before any of you get to answer before me, Yes Dax. I do have a spare room. Check it out below!

*We'll be limiting these things to a maximum of 3 questions per person in the future.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Tedium: Oh, we need to do the thing.
Tedium: Hey Dax, we need to do the thing.

Dax: What thing?
Dax: THE thing?

:tumbleweed: as Tedium fails to respond.

Dax: ONE DOES NOT BRING UP THE THING AND THEN SIMPLY DISAPPEAR

Tedium: Yeah man
Tedium: Well.
Tedium: I thought you were right behind me
Tedium: Did you bring the stuff for the thing?

Dax: I always have the stuff ready for the thing. You know that.

Tedium: I didn't want to assume...
Tedium: ...but good.
Tedium: So let's do it.

Tedium sits and waits quietly.

Dax: Wait, but
Dax: I thought we were already doing it

Tedium: I had just finished before we started.
Tedium: This is the second one.
Tedium: Sorry, I already started on it when I was away.
Tedium: All that's left for you is the middle bit, without any of the previous character development.

Tedium looks at his watch, realizing it's way too late to be making sense.

Tedium: [REDACTED], it's late. Just answer the questions. :ao

Dax: I don't even
Dax: But I can't just
Dax: Fiiiiiine.

Tedium: You can use mine if you like.
Tedium: It's on the table, next to the waffle iron.

Dax gets to work

PandaMan
1. Did you have a sword, be honest.
2. How does it feel that I beat 3 teams of LSU guys at BP?
3. What is your favourite animal?
4. If you were gay, who would you want to be your lover from Halo Customs?
5. Do you watch breaking bad?
6. Can I have a special title?
7. Gibs Heil Satan.
9. What is your opinion of TomTris?
10. What's your brand?
11. Craziest thing you've ever done?
12. How big is your calf?
13. Tiger or Mountain Lion?
14. Seriously, did you have a sword, I swear you did....
15. How does it feel to be a homo?
16. I love you.
17. What is your favourite type of pastry.
18. Drug of choice?
19. Hi.

1. Contrary to popular belief, I did not in fact have a sword.
2. It would've been a different story had I been there.
3. I really like Kittens. Especially the Crazy ones.
4. I, uhm... what?
5. Ahhh, the final season was so unreal! I seriously still can't believe what I witnessed. So sad that it's over. :/
6. What? No.
7. No.
8. - Wait a second.
9. Meh..
10. No.
11. Something a little too crazy to be told on the forums. *mysteryyyyy*
12. I don't exactly have a suitable calf-measuring instrument on me at the moment, but I'll go with the "larger than average yet not steroids big" size.
13. Tiger. Easy choice.
14. How many times do we have to go over this, Panda...
15. No.
16. I know.
17. Definitely the Glazed Donut breakfast sandwich from Dunkin Donuts. Words can't even describe how - no, just look at it.
18. Your love.
19. Hay there sweet thang.

Shiralai
  1. Why you such a corndog?
  2. Why does the SEC cheat so much with steroids?
  3. Dax, can I get a hug?
  4. Cane's or Popeyes?
  5. How come you no have BS already? Your 22.
1. Once a corndog, always a corndog.
2. Last time I checked we haven't received any allegations in at least several years. Sounds like someone's just jealous that their team doesn't match up. ;)
3. The next few seconds of this video sums up my answer.
4. Ahhh, this question. Probably the hardest question yet. I mean, those Chicken Waffle tenders from Popeye's are simply amazing, but I can't just go against my hometown. Cane's it is!
5. I was held back in kindergarten, cuz I'm like, dumb n stuff.

Jesus in Malibu
1. Where did the name "Dax" come from?
2. How does it feel to know that you now have 99% control over the entire site?
3. How does it feel to know that you have the power to completely ruin Tomtris' life by banning him? :devil:
4. Give me your opinion on Carlton. :carlton:

1. To be completely honest, I have no idea. I was sitting around trying to think of a cool forum username, and somehow those three letters randomly just popped into my head. And we've been going steady ever since!
2. It's pretty awesome actually, but a little intimidating at the same time. :p
3. Now that I have no problem with. But seeing as though he's already been "accidentally" banned a few times recently, I figure I should go easy on him for a while. ;)
4. He's the second coolest cat this side of Bel Air.

RugbyNumber8
Do you like Beef?

I LOVE beef! It's my favorite food (besides steak, of course).

Psychoduck
1. What is your relationship with Dux?
2. Of the maps that have been used in the 1v1 tournament, what are some of your favorites?
3. When did you start playing Halo, and when did you start forging?
4. Being red, does the carpet match the drapes?

1. Dux and Dax go way bax. Well, kind of, I suppose. I actually remember first chatting you with you way back last summer in ForgeHub's chatbox, after you made the switch from Bloodux to Greendux, and I was pestering you with all sorts of questions about what was going on behind the scenes. :p And then you featured Ciela, and that's when we became best friends.
2. Hmm.. this is a tough one. I really do love playing on every single one of them just as much as the other, but if I had to pick a couple out of group, I'd go with Sovereign and Angst. There's something about those two, I just never seem to get tired of playing them.
3. My Halo days started with Halo 3. It was actually forge that first got me into the game. I was never really too interested in joining a forum at the time though - I suppose you could've called me one of those "lurker" types. Then Reach came out, and then I quit. Then the big Title Update came out, and then I came back! :) That was when I actually started to get really into forging, and of course I was looking for a place to show off my stuff, so I finally caved and signed up on ForgeHub. And now, I'm here!
4. You could say that. Though you could say a lot of things.

SOLIDSNAKEee
1. Pizza or Ice cream? ( Add in toppings or type of ice cream an explain why this beats the other ).
2. Speaking of food, whats the best food/drink that you like to eat/drink while gaming?
3. Can we make banning Tomtris a thing once a day?
4. How does it feel to have so much power and how hard is it to not abuse it? ( An example would be perma banning Tomtris ).
5. Who's the best and brightest upcoming community member on HC that you've seen recently or that you know? ( a name is required, just throwing that out there ).
6. When can I become staff?
7. Name any 5 facts to victory.

1. Hmm... that all depends really. If we're talking about plain old cheese/pepperoni pizza vs. vanilla ice cream, the ice cream takes the cake. However, put a Philly Cheesesteak Pizza in front of my face and that thing will be gone within a matter of seconds. Speaking of cake though, here's where it gets tricky - Philly Cheesesteak Pizza vs. Ice Cream Cake. Things would get real messy. And then I would start eating.
2. Milk and cookies. I'm telling you, that stuff's going to be the new Mountain Dew and Doritos pretty soon.
3. Of course.
4. I think my answer to your previous question gives you some insight on this.
5. I plead the Fifth!
6. I plead the Fifth!
7. Always plead the Fifth.

Z3R0FLAME
  1. Who drew that wonderfully realistic representation of you in your profile picture?
  2. If every Matchup thread were to stay open, how many messages would you have?
  3. Would you rather play Russian roulette with a Scattershot at 20 meters, or point-blank with a 6-shot revolver?
  4. Do you have an even or odd number of teeth in your mouth, and how many?
1. That would be the wonderful DirtyyJuiceBox. She has some pretty awesome art skills, you should ask her about it sometime!
2. ALL OF THE MESSAGES! But thinking back, I guess I'd have to say that the 1v1 tournament involved at least a couple hundred messages. But post count isn't important, right? :p
3. Hmm, interesting question.... I think I'll go with Russian Roulette here, mainly because I'm not a violent person and everyone knows that the scattershot doesn't actually do anything.
4. You made me pull out the mirror for this one, Zero. 32 teeth!

Cap3llo
1. Dost thou liketh Waffles?
2. What are you looking forward to doing to TomTris with your brand new Admin powers?

1. Only the most ingenuitive of waffles.
2. Well, popular opinion is showing that I should enact some sort of daily Tomtris-banning policy. I think I'd be okay with that!

Tomtris
Dax, want some coffee? :coffee:

Apparently the real question here is, want some ban? :coffee:

Elliot
Age, Sex, Location?

22 m usa u?

Flying Shoe ILR
What do you get when... you eat all the potatoes?

The answer to this question lies only within the depths of the underground potato badlands. I'm going to have to call in SOLIDSNAKEee for this one.

Indie Anthias
Do you dabble in witchcraft?

How else do you think I was recently promoted to Administrator?

xAudienceofone
The 1v1 tournament has (in my eyes) been a resounding success. I'm very glad to have been a part of that. However, the competition is coming to a close in a few weeks. I was curious, what are your plans for afterwards? Any idea what you'll do with that youtube channel of yours?

I'm glad you were able to be a part of it, Audi. Unfortunately, that youtube channel won't be receiving as much attention as I first had in mind due to some time constraints, but I still plan on using my video-making skills in some way later on down the road!

Fuzzle
Where would I have to study to be near you and get that "meet an admin" trophy?

I would totally tell you, but that trophy requires you to meet one of the founding Admins. Sorry Fuzz!

ER1C0
1. Your date of birth is quite exceptional, could you explain to me why this is?
2. What are your favorite bands?
3. Favorite movies?
4. Favorite books?
5. Favorite videogames?

1. Indeed! The exceptionality of said birthday happens to coincide with a certain fellow by the name of ER1C0, which escalates the level of exceptionalness to an even more exceptional degree. Birthday buds o/
2. Hmmm.. This one's tough. I really enjoy listening to all types of music (I know, everyone says that :p). I guess lately I've gotten more into all the electronic stuff, but I still listen to pretty much whatever comes next on my iTunes shuffle. At the moment I'm listening to Pretty Lights's new album A Color Map of the Sun. It's fantastic study music, and there's also a really interesting documentary on the making and inspiration of the album, if you want to check that out.
3. I swear, it must've been at least year since I actually sat down to watch a movie... Though one I've always been particularly fond of is Inglourious Basterds.
4. Another tough one. Since the courses I'm currently taking don't require a great deal of actual reading, I can't say that I've voluntarily picked up a good book in a while. Though one book that's always stood out in my memory was 1984 by George Orwell. It's definitely not the most enjoyable read, but it's certainly one you won't forget.
5. Zelda! Though I haven't played the most recent, I've always been a fan of the Zelda games. Ocarina of Time is probably my all-time favorite. The enormous size and amount of depth to that game was far beyond it's time. It was the first game where I really felt immersed in this new "world," so to speak.

GrmnEscaltrPrty
1. How does it feel to be DA ADMIN?
2. What do you do when you are not playing games (dont say on this site because thats just creepy)
3. Do you use wax on anything at all, Dax, wax get it..
4. What are your best tips to playing not that you play very well, i watched my friends match against you and you kinda failed...
5. Where would you love to go for vacation? (I will :vincent: if you say 'my Xbox')

1. It feels DA BEST!
2. Hmm... I've actually been pretty busy with school lately. But when I'm not all cooped up in the library, I'll usually go out with some friends, or maybe try to stay (relatively) in shape, y'know, just the usual stuff! My life isn't terribly exciting at the moment. :p
3. I, uh... No, no wax for Dax.
4. Haha, you probably shouldn't ask me for tips. There are some days where I'd like to think I'm better than the average Halo player, but other days you might think it was my very first time ever picking up a controller... It also doesn't help that I don't play as much as I used to! So my advice - don't take my advice when it comes to playing well.
5. The beach! I absolutely love going to the beach and just getting away from everything. And preferably in a different country. I've been to Mexico a few times, but I've always wanted to take a trip across the Atlantic. If any of you GMTers have a spare room for ole Dax for a couple days, let me know! I don't bite, I promise.

Absentduck
1. Why the cat images earlier on?
2. What is the difference between admin and staff?

1. Join the Pusheen Movement.
2. Let's see here. Overall the two are very similar. I think it's safe to say that we all contribute to site equally, whether that be Front Page articles, keeping the site clean, discussing ideas for future events, or just helping out members in need. The main difference is that Admins have more responsibility in terms of managing the site, keeping things running smoothly, and maintaining relationships with sponsors and other communities.

Master Debaytes
  1. Do you feel your contributions to the site will be a little bit different now that you are admin?
  2. What do the rest of the staff think about your promotion?
  3. If you could make any new user group on HaloCustoms, what would it be and what color would you make the usernames in that group?
  4. Is the corndog truly your favorite fairground food?
  5. Be honest, how many times have you wanted to ban Tomtris until this day?
  6. What color is my underwear? (Trick question, but let's see if you know the answer)
  7. If you could promote any user to admin on the site for 24 hours, who would you promote and why?
1. Honestly I don't think my role will change too much overall, though I do hope to keep improving community relations!
2. I haven't been beaten up yet, so I'll take that as a good thing!
3. Hmm... let's see here. I really like the set up we have now, but if I had to make another usergroup, I would make a Partner or Affiliate group to get those members who are working with HC a little more recognition. As for color, I think I'd go with a nice dark blue; it'd fit in well with all the light blue around the site.
4. Pffft. It's all about dem chili cheese jalapeno nachos, doe.
5. I don't know if I can count that high..
6. Trick question, eh? So you don't actually wear underwear then. That poor girl...
7. I think I'm going to go with MelnykMachine so he can turn the site into one big promotion for his Youtube covers. Those videos are so worth it.

Tedium
1. What's this about Corn dogs?
2. EXPLOSIONS?

1. If I knew, I'd tell ya.
2. EXPLOSIONS!

0IAH
Xbox One or PS4? -- Why?

I think I'll be sticking with Microsoft this time around. Xbox just feels so familiar, it would feel strange switching over to a whole new system. Plus, Halo 5!

Robius5991
Dax, why the :dax:?

It's about time somebody asked this! It all started with this post. That seemingly random comment started the whole chocolate pudding trend that lasted for quite a while. Then Mr. Funny Guy Insane54 tried to pass this steaming pile of :dax: off as pudding! But it seems to have stuck, and honestly I find it pretty humorous myself, so I think it'll stay.

Shanon
Would you snapchat with me?
I take it you're a handsome fellow. Well I too am a handsome fellow.
So let's both get to talking like handsome fellows.

I thought you never ask, Shanon.

Auburn

\o

Behemoth
1. Favorite Behe quote?
2. Favorite visited place?
3. Why art thou so finee?
4. Give me five awesome facts about pigs.
5. Could an omnipotent being create a stone so heavy that even that being could not lift it?

1. Baby Moth, it's been so long that I don't even think I can remember one at the moment... I think that means we need to hang out pronto.
2. Mexico, for sure. Lots of interesting culture over there, plus it's the only other country I've been to!
3. Right back atcha, cutie pie.
4. Pigs are pink. Pigs are round. Some pigs stink. And make weird sounds. But all of them taste good.
5. Silly Behemoth, of course he coul- oh, wait. I see what you did there.

Zandril

Yes.

DirtyyJuicebox
Daxypoo what is your favorite color?
Better yet, what color will you be wearing on our wedding day?:laugh:

I'm color-blind, so... dark color?

DeadlockDrago
What have you done on Halo that you are most proud of?

There's one instance in which I remember actually getting really amped up about a specific play I made. It was a Team Slayer game in Halo 3 on Cold Storage. I think my team was down 46-40. I somehow managed to get 9 straight kills (Killpocalypse I think?) while one of my teammates picked up another kill for the victory. Granted, I've never been the best Halo player, so that was an extremely exciting moment for me.

General Sarbina
What is the answer to life, universe, and everything?

Life is what you make of it.

Mr Rogers4
Hey Dax, can you "accidentally" delete the website for maybe a day? I want to see people freak out.

Well, if the site were deleted for a day, you wouldn't really be able to see anyone freak out, would you?

PhantmOfTheOpra
1. Any relation to the German stock "DAX"?
2. Favorite Admin perk
3. Help I'm trapped in a universe factory
4. Would you take the red pill or the blue pill?
5. Are you a god?
6. If forced to wear either, would you prefer lederhosen or a corset?
7. Edgar Allen Poe or Stephen King?
8. What is the air speed velocity of an un-laden swallow?
9. What's a pirate minus the ship?
10. [TAPE CORRUPTED]

1. I wish! I could use a little extra cash these days. Unfortunately though, Dax and DAX aren't related.
2. Being able to work directly with other communities is probably what I'm looking forward to most!
3. Keep making those universes, dawg. We're going to need as many as we can get our hands on.
4. Could I take both?
5. Only in certain countries.
6. Lederhosen all the way. Hell, I would rock that every day of the week if I had the opportunity.
7. Poe, his writing style is so much more unique and interesting.
8. The answer lies within your heart.
9. Just a creative homeless guy.
10. [./end<initiate_troll_sequence.7>%//.]

MelnykMachine
1. Why are you so awesome?
2. Do you highfive in real life as well?
3. How many cups do you currently have sitting on your desk?
4. Who is your favourite person ever to 1v1 against?

1. It's hereditary.
2. Yes! I'll highfive someone any chance I get. I don't even know half of the people I highfive to be honest. If I see a highfive-able moment, my arm just automatically goes up. I think it must be another one of those hereditary things.
3. Not a one.
4. Anyone that's worse than me, usually.

WhiteWolfLegend
1. Why?
2. Do you like coffee?
3. Pancakes or waffles?
4. Y u so sexy?
5. Would you like a cookie?

1. Why not?
2. I hate to say it, but even though I love the :coffee: smiley, I'm not the biggest fan of the stuff. I'll drink it, sure, but I don't necessarily enjoy it!
3. Both.
4. D'aww, you're too kind. *blushes*
5. Ooh yes, I would love one.

A J YUSI
1. Why are you such a sexy motha fucka?
2. How do I become a sexy motha fucka?
3. Am I invited to your's and dirty's wedding?
4. What's my favorite color?(That was a trick question, I don't have one. Favorite colors are too mainstream)
5. If i send you $10 will you do all my math homework for the month of October?
6. What's your favorite kind of chair?
7. When you picked your favorite chair, did you ever consider that you made all the other chairs self conscience about themselves for not picking them?
8. Did you know there's a hidden arrow in the FED-EX logo?
9. Did you just google FED-EX to check if I was right?
10. Can I have a high five? o/

1. It's all in the wrist.
2. Build up your wrist muscles?
3. Only if you'll be my best man.
4. Hipster. I take back what I just said in Question 3.
5. No, but feel free to send me $10 anyway! :)
6. I forget what they're called, but I think they're made of rocks? Is that what a rocking chair is? Well, here, like this.
7. It's their fault for being inferior chairs.
8. :eek:
9. X3
10. Only because you're so adorable. \o

Drizzy_Dan
Can you be Drizzy_Dax for 5 minutes so I can feel cool?

Ooh, I like that idea. Next time I see you on, we can be the Drizzy Duo.

RegrettedKarma6
Why won't you answer an infinite amount of questions Dax? Why does the thread have to close huh?

Because. Because because because because because because because because because because because because because because because. Because.

He answered me! *faints*

We weren't playing the choking game were we? *memory comes back* Oh right we were *faints again*

*wakes up* Ahhhhh now you can tell ive gotten a nice long naaaapp.............. *Falls asleep*
Also IPAD SCREENSHOT FTW!!

how do you give people ratings.
I am assuming you mean host ratings. So, for one, you must have RSVP'd to the custom lobby. Then, go back into that lobby, go to the big green check and big red X and pick whichever one (hint: green is good) and click on it. That should be it.

Tedium said:
*We'll be limiting these things to a maximum of 3 questions per person in the future.
This may just entice people to create proxies to continually *gulps air* ask question, now that I think of it....