Hello everyone, Most of us remember the old days, the days when there were no fancy-shmancy coordinates. We had two crates, two crates and a barrel for a whole platoon! And we had to share the barrel! Back in these days, maps needed moar interl0x, and making even the simplest map was a struggle. That's right, these were the days of Halo 3's Foundry; the first Halo forge canvas. Que the video!

In an unexpected twist of creativity, Zatherla has, with assistance from Hushed Behemoth, recreated the all-but-forgotten canvas. The attention to detail is staggering, and if you never got to forge on Foundry back in the day, now is your chance! Thanks for watching, discuss! What were your favorite classic Foundry variants back in the day?​

Reactions: Insane54 and Titmar
Epic write up Duck, and such an amazing remake. I didn't realize they had moved it to Impact from Ravine. Oh this brings back so many memories. Setting parts to spawn in so I could has interlox. Trying to build a whole map with 20 crates and some scenery parts. Ah... yes, those were the days when my maps all sucked but I reminisce that they were better for no real reason. Don't really miss you Foundry, but awesome creation none the less.

Best part was the singing, no question. And you have a great voice for videos, kinda reminds me of Sal Khan almost with the deep-ish, enthusiastic voice that just draws you in

And YES, the giant toilet by rusty was fantastic (and really playable, in a weirdly awesome fashion).

I think my personal favorite would have to beeeee.... ughhhh..... I'm going to have to say Gridlocked (keeping myself from choosing anything but a quasi-competitive map). I really loved the variety and simplicity of it, so many fun games on it

EDIT: BUT WAIT KENTUCKY TANGO....MAYBE...ERGHHHH CANT CHOOSE

It's definitely pretty, but is it necessary?

As a piece of art it's immaculate. As a playable map, it's not
I mean, it's not supposed to be a playable map necessarily. You would only play it for the nostalgia or the lols. Not sure what you mean by "is it necessary?"

Aaah, Duck. Your voice soothes me...

Hm? What? Oh, good find! Putting things back into normal physics brings back do many memories. Now if only the piece would revolve around the monitor when turning, not the other way around, just like back then... :D

PHONE IS ON HOLD II ...

Amazing. This is getting added to the GMT game night for certain. Even if we just look around it and marvel.

i felt nostalgia just from watching the video, this is insane, the cranes had me thinking there was a part of impact i didn't know about.

this shit rules

In an unexpected twist of creativity, Zatherla has, with assistance from Hushed Behemoth, recreated the all-but-forgotten canvas. The attention to detail is staggering, and if you never got to forge on Foundry back in the day, now is your chance! Thanks for watching, discuss! What were your favorite classic Foundry variants back in the day?
Nice job Zatherla & Hushed Behemoth.

It should be obvious what my fav Foundry variant was. Here's a hint:

Of course i updated the Grifball court with air conditioning, modern windows (both sides), holographic lettering, and finally centered the damn crane. Earlier versions of the crane were similar to the original but i had to raise it up to prevent the Warthog (truck) from showing on radar.