Majestic Map Pack: Wild Speculation and Discussion Thread

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
Hey guys!!

As you all may or may not have seen, pictures of the new maps leaked recently.
This thread is for speculation and discussion about the maps.

Landfall:
gGVSSLq.png

Monolith:
6NrCbKe.png

http://i.imgur.com/mHEjRhd.png

Skyline:
15kizVg.png

Personally, I'm really excited for Skyline. playing in a human-styled environment has always been really awesome in Halo, and i'm really excited to see how it works in halo 4.

Also, since most MM maps are also re-used in Spartan Ops, i think a human environment is an exciting clue as to where the storyline of Spops could be headed next!!!!

Landfall and Monolith both look to be smaller or medium sized arena style maps.
Landfall reminds me of Orbital but on a human world instead of a ship,
and Monolith really gives off the vibe of being a badass Forerunner styled symm arena.

what do you guys thinks?

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
I like it, and I will have it with the Limted Edition, but I never play Matchmaking, and I'll probably never really get to play these maps, just like he crimson map pack

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
That is sad, my poor poor tom. I am sorry to hear that.
Crimson was not the best map pack, thats for sure, but ive had some good times on it.

I've got much higher hopes for Majestic!
(which is funny because majestic squad are douches and crimson squad is pro)

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
This does seem to me like it may turn out to be a much better map pack then the Crimson DLC before it. However, my eyes are locked onto nothing more than Destiny.

ah yea, me too man, me too. but theres still a long way to go til Destiny.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
well maybe if you bought crimson then we could play my smashy chase map on harvest, but noooooooooooooooooooo

Fraw Lawk

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
The first pic of Landfall reminds me of the prologue when the Covenant invaded and seeing all of those carriers and banshees flowing into the city. Looks tight!

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
I think this pack is going to give us better maps than the last. These images look great!

Berb

Master
Dec 30, 2012
Landfall kinda reminds me of like Condemned and Orbital and Longshore, idk its only one picture

The theme of it kinda reminds me more of Boardwalk from Reach. I hope it plays more like the maps you mentioned, however.

Reactions: Titmar

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I can't wait to see more pictures, especially for Skyline - I've had nothing but good experiences with maps in games that take place on the tops of buildings :D But I agree with everyone else here - Crimson was disappointing, like, just plain old bad map design. Shatter was alright, but Harvest? Really? Come on.