What should they upgrade in Halo 5 Forge?

Ormy96

Proficient
Jan 16, 2013
Somewhere in the UK.
1. MORE OBJECTS!
2. No object limits... I could have done more of my maps if I didn't have this limitation. To be honest if its a limiting because of how binary works you can still do 254, 1 byte, with ease.
3. Moar terrains and naturals
4. Separate spawning, objective, and dominion objects from the actual objects limits. The fact that both spawn points and building blocks share this limit makes no sense and hinders large scale map building.
5. More lights. Not balls but lines and they should have options to have the light pulse, travel along the line, and be moveable.
6. Precisiojn editing
7. Grouping objects

MORE OBJECTS

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
All these new features people want would be great but for me I would just want to be able to make maps that look like they were built in instead of some placed blocks. I mean somthing like what FarCry3 has. It would be great if you could not tell much difference between a custom map and one built by 343. If anything however I just want a forge that works properly where I can build within the budget and not deal with lighting issues and screen lag. Its a serious problem when you can use just a third of the budget and still experience screen lag.

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
1. MORE OBJECTS!
2. No object limits... I could have done more of my maps if I didn't have this limitation. To be honest if its a limiting because of how binary works you can still do 254, 1 byte, with ease.
3. Moar terrains and naturals
4. Separate spawning, objective, and dominion objects from the actual objects limits. The fact that both spawn points and building blocks share this limit makes no sense and hinders large scale map building.
5. More lights. Not balls but lines and they should have options to have the light pulse, travel along the line, and be moveable.
6. Precisiojn editing
7. Grouping objects
Hopefully the next xbox can handle all this

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
-Simple textures, like minecraft, only with hd graphics. less polygons, cleaner looking structures.

-More flooring pieces

-For two Halo titles now, they've given us a budget we cant actually use. Let us use the full 10 000 without framerate.

-Terrain editing is not necessary, its not forge.

-The naturals section has 1 type of object, give us trees and / or other naturals.

-Group select, group copy, group rotate

-Remove magnets, remove reset coordination. They are both useless.

-Fusion coils don't do damage to anything, they dont make that sound either. Lame.

-Precision edits and zooms

-Despawning options

-Camera moves and zooms out when you grab a piece, it completely kills forge.

-More lighting options please.

-Last but not least, take out the fucking ambient forge music. It got annoying in about 30 seconds.

Pingboxxy

Novice
Feb 28, 2013
-Obvious choice, precision editing.

-The ability to make objects despawn at certain points in game, then maybe respawn after a certain amount of time.

-Fix the camera bugs.

-More pieces to choose from, but that's a given.

-We don't need terrain editing tools, if you want to do that go play Farcry. Forge is a map EDITOR, it is there to do exactly what it says on the tin. Besides I prefer finding interesting ways to use the pre-built terrain rather than just take the easy route and craft my own.