Halo Issues With Halo 4 (What went wrong)

Feb 23, 2013
This thread is for people to discuss how 343 could've done things right. If you don't have any issues, then just read or leave.

Feb 23, 2013
I felt that Halo 4 was still a stellar addition to the franchise, but I think there are a few issues that could've made the game better:
  • The lack of a "race" gametype in custom games. "Race" was one of my personal favorite gametypes in Halo: Reach, and I know I'm not alone. How could 343 miss that? It was so popular in Reach, that I thought they would even make a matchmaking playlist for it. Sure it was resolved with "racetracks", but that gametype still has some issues. If 343 is willing to fix this, then they may redeem themselves.
  • The inability to change the weapons of the flood in the "Flood" gametype. Now, I understand that for matchmaking, this is a stupid complaint. That's why this complaint is pertaining strictly to custom games. I remember the good times in Halo: Reach playing gametypes such as "Trash Compactor" in which the flood would use gravity hammers in order to throw vehicles into a hole that launched them at the humans. Someone please tell me why the hell that's such an issue that they took it out of Halo 4. I was making a "Trash Compactor" map earlier, without realizing until I was finished that you couldn't change the floods' weapons.
  • The fact that vehicles cannot go through the red part of a one-way shield. This one speaks for itself. This also has to do with the "Trash Compactor" map I was making.
  • Having to use sponsors like "Doritos" and "Mountain Dew." Not necessary. Halo has a big enough fan base. This just introduced a new breed of community members that we will refer to as "wrong gamers", people who play the game only for its sponsors. I understand the legitimacy of their reasoning, but come on.
  • No "Forge World". This is also a minor flaw. Don't get me wrong, "Impact," "Erosion," and "Ravine" are great maps, but they lack the feel and eye-appeal that "Forge World" made us love. I hope that a map pack in the future will include another "fully-forgeable" map.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
  • Having to use sponsors like "Doritos" and "Mountain Dew." Not necessary. Halo has a big enough fan base. This just introduced a new breed of community members that we will refer to as "wrong gamers", people who either do play or prefer Call of Duty over Halo. I understand that you like other games, but keep that shit to yourself, assholes.
It was a promotion to help fans level up, and if it attracts new players then good, assholes that tell noobs who play halo to pissoff are one of the reasons for CoD having higher sells. Besides Reach did the samething. I play both CoD & Halo, but I've always played Halo more and enjoyed it more you seen to have some odd misconception that its a crime for a gamer to play more than one game.

Feb 23, 2013
It was a promotion to help fans level up, and if it attracts new players then good, assholes that tell noobs who play halo to pissoff are one of the reasons for CoD having higher sells. Besides Reach did the samething. I play both CoD & Halo, but I've always played Halo more and enjoyed it more you seen to have some odd misconception that its a crime for a gamer to play more than one game.
Let me restate my issue. I hate it when people constantly make a big deal about it. I think it's okay for people to play both, but they don't have to constantly downplay the other game. I respect their decision, I guess I was just extremely vilified when I posted this.

Dr.Toboggan

Novice
Mar 13, 2013
Sublime Transcendence
Forge, quick time events, lack of vehicles, no elites o r invasion. One big problem I had with the campaign was that the biggest starships the covenant used were little battle cruisers, not even an assault carrier. I would like to see the infinity have a challenge.