Halo Issues With Halo 4 (What went wrong)

Feb 12, 2013
Dark Void
I still don't get why they got rid of, VIP, Territories, Stockpile, and some other game types. Seriously? I'm sure we could get them back through a title update, but what is likely to happen?

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
I still don't get why they got rid of, VIP, Territories, Stockpile, and some other game types. Seriously? I'm sure we could get them back through a title update, but what is likely to happen?
well adderrson figured out how to recreate VIP, you only have to set your map up for it. i dont really care about stockpile and territories that much since we got some awesome new gametypes as well

Jan 16, 2013
Contact ShortBizzle on all things Halo 4 VIP, I may have done the groundwork but bizzle has been working on balancing it to keep it as much like VIP as possible.

He's all ready converted a few maps for it to work also and regularly hosts a casually competitive customs night with that, 1 flag ctf etc.

Territories can be achieved simply with dominion by just placing the capture points down without turrets etc and disabling "last stand".

and Stockpile, well as much as I love that gametype... halo 4 has multiflag, which is just as fun.

Just experiment with the built in gametypes, they are more versatile than you might think :)

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Contact ShortBizzle on all things Halo 4 VIP, I may have done the groundwork but bizzle has been working on balancing it to keep it as much like VIP as possible.

He's all ready converted a few maps for it to work also and regularly hosts a casually competitive customs night with that, 1 flag ctf etc.

Territories can be achieved simply with dominion by just placing the capture points down without turrets etc and disabling "last stand".

and Stockpile, well as much as I love that gametype... halo 4 has multiflag, which is just as fun.

Just experiment with the built in gametypes, they are more versatile than you might think :)
Is there a setting for vehicles to pick up the flag?

Jan 16, 2013
Is there a setting for vehicles to pick up the flag?

Not as of yet no, but 343's new ctf variant "lightning ctf" (coming March 25th) allows you to carry the flag on your back meaning that you can drive/shoot and have the flag at the same time. Whether or not you can drive into it or not to pick the flag up or if there will be a setting for this I cannot answer at this time.

SHUTTL3S

Novice
Jan 31, 2013
well they left out many things from the other games, (forge tactics, custom gametypes, vehicles, and weapons) so when the community realized they most likely couldnt change these things they picked on the only things 343 could change which is matchmaking

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
We really need to make an official thread for this. No offense but this is bout the 50th we've had since the site came up. As soon as an old ones gets buried a new one gets made. Most of what people are unhappy about has been discussed, we just need it compiled in one place. I'll talk to some of the mods about this.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
We really need to make an official thread for this. No offense but this is bout the 50th we've had since the site came up. As soon as an old ones gets buried a new one gets made. Most of what people are unhappy about has been discussed, we just need it compiled in one place. I'll talk to some of the mods about this.
Please do, the last thing I want is to be on another waypoint.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
we might have to think about that :D
oh hell no, we dont want another waypoint here ;) at the same time we dont want to censor anything and give freedom of speech
Yea, you gotta tread carefully. This is one of the most layed back community's I've found. I use to be on Minecraft.net's forums then they made a million rules and we couldn't curse so how do think I felt about not cursing.

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
Yea, you gotta tread carefully. This is one of the most layed back community's I've found. I use to be on Minecraft.net's forums then they made a million rules and we couldn't curse so how do think I felt about not cursing.
yeah fudge those rules :D
the only real rule here is to use common sense really, thats why i love it to be here

Jan 16, 2013
Fuzzle we need a foul language filter for minors.... to replace words to younger audiences

e.g. "yeah fudge those rules"

that way we can swear like troopers without the risk of offending anyone

wwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :p

Reactions: Fuzzle

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court

Nobody played territories nor stockpile, why would 343 waste their time putting that in? Plus, Dominion and Extraction are so much better than territories.