Event Anniversary Controller Giveaway - Sponsored by GamerModz.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
On January 9, 2013, HaloCustoms.com was officially opened. It's been an awesome journey for myself and hopefully plenty of you guys -- we're really excited about where we've been and where we're going to be going as the Halo community progresses. One thing that really distinguishes HaloCustoms from other communities is that we're designed to work by causal (and casual) community interaction. Most forums are based on a hierarchy of permissions; here I like to imagine we're the "front lines" of Halo, accepting in new people while hopefully also retaining our older membership core as well. If you're not a registered member, come on in! We don't bite! We've got a hell of a lot of stuff planned, but for now...

FREE THINGS!!!

To win one of three customized controllers (look below for more information), reply to this post and tell us what your most memorable Halo moment has been.

It can be from any Halo game, it can be loosely connected to Halo, it just needs to be Halo-related and it needs to be spectacular! On our anniversary date (1/9), the staff will choose their favorite three answers, and all of them will receive the prize!

GamerModz.com has graciously given us not one, not two, but three customized, modded controllers absolutely free of charge. These fantastic Xbox 360 controllers have a beautiful, solid design and an optional rapid-fire mod. Also, note that they already have customized and modded Xbox One and PS4 controllers available on their website! I highly recommend you check them out and give them some love (half because they make an awesome product, half because they give that product to us for free ;)). You can find out more about GamerModz's products by going to GamerModz.com or by clicking the video below!

im not entering this contest I just wanted to share my favorite halo moment
One of my favorite moments in halo summer 2011 was when I got halo reach and I played my first matchmaking game BTB in Spire and Me and my friend got in a warthog he was driving and I was on the turret he was driving me around and I ended up killing lots of people and I got a killing frenzy then my friend said to me can anybody stop your reckless killing then someone got a rocket launcher and blew us both up after that I knew I would be playing halo games for a while :D

I think my most memorable Halo experience was one of my first. I was probably 12, had tried Halo CE and didn't really like it, so I went back to the games I was playing earlier. Then, my soon-to-be best friend transferred into my class and the first time I went to his house, he introduced me to Halo 2. I didn't have an Xbox, and not much serious FPS experience (I was playing mostly third-person RPG games at the time), but it just kinda clicked and we would spend hours upon hours playing 1v1s on Foundation on this ridiculous 12" black-and-white TV. In particular, we played to 100 kills with unlimited snipers only. It came down to 99-99, we were just camping the little rooms trying to bank shots off of walls... great times. When a game can make you talk about what happened for days (or even weeks) after, you're playing a damn good game.

Edit: Since I'm automatically disqualified anyway, another very memorable Halo experience was at PAX East 2011. I'm walking around the convention center near the area where 343i is in a bunch of rooms, setting up a tournament on the thusfar unshown Reach map pack. bs angel recognizes me and hands me a map pack code, and then invites me in to chill with the 343i guys and play some test rounds with them while the room is still closed and they're still setting up. They were really chill and great to hang out with, gives me high hopes for the future of the Halo series.

Once while on Halo Reach. A warthog hit me and sent me across the map where I was able to take out the annoying wraith (going to speed of a human bullet) and win us the game. It was the greatest moment I've ever had with a physics glitch in a halo game. Of course, all memorable halo memories are with the times I've had with everyone! In Halo 3, Reach, and 4 it's way too hard to pick only one good memorable moment. I've been terrible at socializing my entire life, though once I joined this community and the Halo community in general that all changed. Too many memorable moments with everyone. Though if I'm forced to have to choose between the best memorable moment. It was when I first played a halo game with everyone from Halo-customs. It introduced me to everyone. All the mini-games played were a great joy.

I didn't care about in that game how bad I was at the game or how much people were better than me. It was of pure enjoyment. Though it was on Halo 4, I've never experienced such joy in mini-games. I even started creating my own! I then hosted many times just so I could play Halo with everyone quite often to share plenty of memories. My pride as a gamer tells me that I will stay with the Halo series till the end.

2nd greatest moment though, was on jump rope. I was on the thing In Halo Reach and a wraith went out of control and hit me and I was flying though forge world. I was outside the boundary and was jumping on water towards the skull mountain! It was great.

I would have shared even if you didn't offer a chance for a prize :rofl:

My best Halo-related memory? Testing Terminus and watching the slaughter on "Mock's Slut Chair." Bodies falling off of the bridge, still half crouched, groins still moist from the mere thought of gently rubbing against the cool steel.
Wait, what?

Not entering, just sharing. My favourite memory was when my 15 year old brother held a lan party when I was about 7. I kind of walked into the room and I think someone went to to the bathroom so I picked up a controller. They were playing Halo 2 Beaver Creek, and it was really my first time playing MP like that. I had only ever gotten to play MM a few times when my brother had to do something and he'd let me play a little. I had played a lot of campaign when my parents weren't home but it just didn't compare to lan. The best part was, I was thrashing them all :D I ended up becoming renown across all my brothers friends which was hilarious, and the swearing told my wee kid mind that they were not taking it easy. I think I have gotten progressively worse at halo as the years go by :vincent:

I eagerly started writing about one of my most memorable moments of all time in Halo, until I suddenly realized that this wasn't actually in fact my most memorable moment.
After all, I must say that my most memorable moment wasn't so much something I had experienced on my own, but much rather a moment where all of the players in the game realized all together, that something really special and spectacular had just happened.

That's why I'm picking this new one. One time back in Reach, we were playing some custom games on Infection maps with a bunch of Infection enthusiasts and BIOC fans until I handed over the lead to Berb. He and Confused Flamingo had finished an interesting project called 'Aihab' a couple of days earlier. I had heard some good things about it and some of the people in the lobby where really cheering for me to play it once they heared the name 'Aihab'.
Letting Berb put up that map was one of the best decisions I had ever made in a custom lobby. That game was near perfect. This game that we played that night was such a great example of why I absolutely love Infection. There was so much companionship amongst the players. It was one chain of competitive events that almost made me believe we were actually playing some kind of MLG match - without the tryhard kids going for the no-scopes. Everyone was laughing and shouting constantly, screaming in their mics - which was surprisingly enjoying! - and going completely nuts over how cool this map was. Which, it was! For those of you who aren't familiar with Aihab, it's without a doubt the best Linear Infection map that I have played on in Halo Reach, and it's games like these that made me like it so much.

All in all, this moment had to be my favourite, however not so much because of the map, but mostly because I was playing with friends, and enjoying the game for what is meant for: sitting back, relaxing and having lots and lots of fun playing with other Halo fans from all over the world.

PS: After this moment had occurred, I was so crazy about the map that I actually wrote a recap comment about it to show Berb and Mingo how much I loved it. :)

I am not entering the contest but will share one of my most memorable moments from Halo.

My nephews introduced me to Halo CE right after it was released and I used to get owned by them and their friends while playing in LAN parties at various houses. One day, after Halo 2 went live, we were palying in two separate rooms in split screen so other kids in the house could play. It will never be forgotten that as I was getting owned as usual by one of their friends, a kid named Max I belief, who was all of 15 years old and on the other team began squatting over my corpse. I could hear them laughing hard and the kid next to me told me I was getting "tea bagged" and explained what it meant. I thought about it for a second, went flying into the other bedroom where they were at and pulled the kid off the bed, lifted his shirt and gave him a pink belly! We all laughed about it, but they knew you were going to pay the price if you ever tea bagged Uncle Todd! My nephews and their friends were a lot of fun and cool to be around. A lot of you remind me of them in various ways.

Thanks for what you started here Insane. You have done well for the Halo community. Good luck on another good year!

I got so many...it's impossible to say them all. When i was younger played a lot of Halo with my father in the campaign so got a lot of memories of that i'll try to say at least 3

1. In Halo 2 in the level Sacred Icon since i was too scared to play this level alone(it was a dark level...okay)we would do this level together and i remember one time we were in the middle part of the level(the corridor with some pillars in the middle) and we heard those noises the floods make and we had both shotguns and we looked at eachother and said at the same time ''We won't let them past this pillar''

2.I did my first Halo 3 co-op legendary playthrough with my dad too and in the level Tsavo highway when you need to defend the marines against the covenants and at the end of this sections there's a wraith but we were so slow for killings the brutes that the phantom was dropping some reinforcements and no joke i count all the brutes that we were fightings after the last phantom and there were 26...26 brutes + a wraith probably one of the hardest moment we got in our legendary playtrough

3.i didn't do that wit my dad but wit some onlines friends. first time we did winter contingency LASO in Halo Reach and at the last part of the level (those 3 fucking elites) we coordinated our attacks and we assasinated the 3 elites at the same

so that's pretty much it i could write Halo memories for hours but i won't because like i said there so many good things in halo it's impossible to say them all

halo 2 was the first time I have ever played a halo game, every time I play that old game it brings back so many memories, that great felling you get when you see all the old forrunner structures and the flood man I just love the flood, I go back to halo 2 a lot just to get that same felling I used to get in halo 2 sadly you dont get that felling in halo 4 but I do when you play 3, Halo 2 is the best halo game ever made and ill always play it and remember the first thoughts about the game back when I was young :) halo 2

Ultimately for me it has to be the first time I was introduced to the halo series, back in a the days on reach, I was round at a friends house and we were playing Halo 2 for the first time and I was just hooked from there. Without my friend on that day I wouldn't have met the awesome people that I know today, forged the random creativions and I certainly wouldn't have gone back to buy halo 3 when I got my 360 (I had halo ce and 2 on original xbox) which has the most incomparable campaign, find the THFE youtube site looking for inspiration and from there this site.. I wonder what I would do and would be like without Halo.

My most memorable Halo moment was back in Halo: Reach (cue sound effect).

The Anniversary Map Pack had just been released and I was playing some free for all on the new playlist for them.

Over the course of the week I found myself getting better at headhunter, a gametype I once despised with every fibre of my being.

As well as getting a Skullamanjaro in less than a minute on High Noon I also managed the next feat to which I shall never forget...

Headhunter on Battle Canyon, the game wasn't really going to well for me... that is until this happened;

In case you're wondering, that poor guy indeed was one step away from scoring a Skullamanjaro (and the 75g achievement for doing so) when I took him out. I've never heard someone rage so hard in my life, sounded like he was about to pop a blood vessel.

It was glorious.

Honestly, I really can't pick a favorite moment in Halo, since every moment has been better than the last, but if I must choose one, it will be the the first time I ever played Halo, back when I was 5.

I didn't play many video games at the time, the only game I ever played was Pokemon: Red Version on my brother's GameBoy Colour, so I really wasn't savvy with a controller, and my mother was against any home game console, so that was all we had.

But one Christmas day, when we went over to my cousin's house, the first thing he did was announce that he got an Xbox for Christmas and a couple games for it, one of them being Halo: Combat Evolved. I had no idea what that was, so I brushed it off. My cousin, being 13 at the time, was exited to play it and had asked me if I wanted to play it. I stared up at my mother, who, surprisingly, nodded and I ran down into his basement to play it. He started up the Xbox and the classic Halo music started up. I was as pumped as my five year old body would allow, and he handed me the second player controller. He started up the first level (The name slips my mind, sorry) and we started playing.

And Oh God, was I ever bad. I just kept running into walls, getting stuck, getting shot, it was chaos. I think I had died about 20 times, give-or-take a few, but we had a blast. I kept asking to come back everyday after that, and, eventually, my mother bought me my very own GameBoy Advanced and Nintendo GameCube.
My cousin eventually gave me his Xbox along with his copy of Halo:CE a couple years ago since he didn't need them anymore, but I still remember the fun we had.

P.S. : I also remember thinking my Character was a girl, because of Cortana talking to Chief, and I never realized otherwise until I was seven.

By far the greatest halo related moment for me has been just now, reading through all the fond memories that people have for the franchise. At a point where Halo is severely struggling it comes as a relief for me to know that there are still people out there who care. That Halo has a future.

To an extent I myself have forgotten why I love Halo in recent months, I've gotten bored of it and started playing other games. But reading through all of these comments has caused me to reflect on my own memories; from my early days in Halo 3, to my beloved Halo Reach, to now in Halo 4 where I've finally fully immersed myself in the community. It's been one hell of a ride these last 4 years and so without a doubt, this sudden rush of love for a forgotten treasure is the best moment I could ask for.

Friday, February 1, 2013. I had my first large-scale (beyond split screen) custom game ever, and it was through this site (here's the thread- http://halocustoms.com/threads/feb-1-2013-map-testing-purposes-free-runner852.2189/). We had about nine players the first game, and the host loaded up one of his custom maps. It was a pretty decent map for the time- not the best- but I had a blast playing it. After that first game the party size dropped to 4 (not sure why everyone left), and we played 2v2 Dominion. When those ended, I joined another lobby that maintained a full (or near full) player count for several games.

That first custom game was relatively small, played on a mediocre map, and extremely short lived. Nobody used a mic, and I spent much of it waiting after losing all my lives. But I thought itwas the coolest thing ever, and I knew I'd be spending a lot of my time on this site and in customs in the future. It also kicked up my forging career and got me interested in creating maps of my own.

Definitely 5-6 years ago when I was in middle school and some student hacked a teachers folder and uploaded a file, this file of course being halo custom edition. The other students would play in Local Area Network games on Blood Gulch every second they had free time. Since this we didn't really have permission to play this, students turned their monitors at an angle with the exception that some teachers were more lenient...

The kids at my middle school would play Halo in 8-10 person lobby's on damnation, derelict, boarding action, gephyrophobia, and blood gulch. This school was an advanced school in the "east side" so there were kids of all types of kids playing both boys and girls which was cool to see. This is how I first started playing Halo (with mouse and keyboard in a class room) and an interesting way to make friends.

-I'm just sharing, not here for any controller.
(edit: however from the gamermodz controller I received, i was quite pleased. So i might have to change the above statement ;) )

I have many memorable moments from Halo.

One of them is from when a ton of people from our school would join up in the library and play Halo CE on the computers in our school. It was a load of fun and I met a lot of new people when I was playing in the library. Unfortunately our school banned games in the library, but still, until then it was one of my most memorable moments from Halo and from my high school life.

Another very memorable moment in Halo was when I ended a game of SWAT in Halo Reach by preforming a showstopper and getting an overkill for the last 4 kills of the game.

Thanks to HaloCustoms and GamerModz for this contest and opportunity to remember my Halo past.

My most memorable moment was beating the "Annual" achievement in Halo 3. I remember the gamertags of all three people who I did it with. It took us at least 6 hours to do. For those who don't know, the achievement required you to beat the last level "Halo" on Legendary with the Iron skull on, which made it so if one person died, the game reacts as if everyone died and sends you back to the last checkpoint. Also, everyone had to be in a Ghost for the driving part. At one point someone had to go eat dinner and take a shower in the middle of the game, and at another point one of us fell down the tower and the game gave us a checkpoint, so every time someone died he would be at the bottom of the tower while the rest of us were at the top. Despite how frustrating it was, it was probably the most fun I've ever had in Halo. Would do it again just for fun.

Reactions: anexpiredlemon
This won't win, but hell, I thought it was hilarious.

Playing a FFA with Dax and Spin in Halo 4 (I think?) I was absolutely hammered and every time Dax killed me I swear he had a sword and he killed me with it. Not a great story, but nonetheless it is probably my favourite moment in playing halo.

PS I won that game, I don't remember the rest of the ones we played though....

Geoff and Caleb's Halo Game Night videos. The famous 4 words. WOT IS GAME NIGHT! Nah I'm joking about that. My most memorable moment in Halo would be getting my first perfection, but the match reset from lag half way thought and it never said perfection but it still gave me the medal for it, or it would be me watching a gauss-hog get destroyed by an inceneration cannon and getting launched into the air and it landing on a mantis and destroying it across Exile. I was not the person to destroy the warthog. I was sitting waiting for the sticky detenator when I saw a warthog explode and get launched into the air and I started sniping the mantis when I saw a warthog falling from the sky crashing into the mantis and it exploding it. =) WOT IS GAME NIGHT

Reactions: anexpiredlemon
Status
Not open for further replies.