Event Anniversary Controller Giveaway - Sponsored by GamerModz.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
On January 9, 2013, HaloCustoms.com was officially opened. It's been an awesome journey for myself and hopefully plenty of you guys -- we're really excited about where we've been and where we're going to be going as the Halo community progresses. One thing that really distinguishes HaloCustoms from other communities is that we're designed to work by causal (and casual) community interaction. Most forums are based on a hierarchy of permissions; here I like to imagine we're the "front lines" of Halo, accepting in new people while hopefully also retaining our older membership core as well. If you're not a registered member, come on in! We don't bite! We've got a hell of a lot of stuff planned, but for now...

FREE THINGS!!!

To win one of three customized controllers (look below for more information), reply to this post and tell us what your most memorable Halo moment has been.

It can be from any Halo game, it can be loosely connected to Halo, it just needs to be Halo-related and it needs to be spectacular! On our anniversary date (1/9), the staff will choose their favorite three answers, and all of them will receive the prize!

GamerModz.com has graciously given us not one, not two, but three customized, modded controllers absolutely free of charge. These fantastic Xbox 360 controllers have a beautiful, solid design and an optional rapid-fire mod. Also, note that they already have customized and modded Xbox One and PS4 controllers available on their website! I highly recommend you check them out and give them some love (half because they make an awesome product, half because they give that product to us for free ;)). You can find out more about GamerModz's products by going to GamerModz.com or by clicking the video below!

I'm not eligible for the controller, but I'll throw this in anyway!

My single most memorable moment in Halo, was actually the very first I had in matchmaking. I talking about the very first. Not just because it was my first time on Halo 3 matchmaking, but because it was the best first impression I could have possibly had.

This was back in the day when the Warthog was such a fun and new concept, that you'd rush to one at the beginning of each game. My first online match was on Valhalla, and everyone was as eager as the other to get going. So I had a whale of a time, appreciating the kind of gameplay that, today, I take for granted, and know so well.

But it was half way through this game that sparked off one of my most memorable moments in Halo. Keep in mind, at this point the whole concept of "online matchmaking" was new and exciting to me. So when I slammed my warthog into the cave by the fallen pelican, my heart started pumping. I had run over a sniper who had be tormenting our team the whole game. To my dismay, there were three more Spartans coming up from the other side of the cave. I hid behind a wall, and threw my last grenade at them. It broke one guy's shield, and hurt another. With my assault rifle and whittled his health down to nothing, and melee'd the guy with no shields. Seeing the third Spartan, my clip empty, I turned tail and ran. I picked up the grenades of the sniper I had run over, with the warthog still jammed sideways over the entrance to the cave. I jumped over the warthog, and threw both of the grenades at the fallen vehicle. As my pursuer followed suit, the grenades went off and exploded the vehicle into a fiery victory.

I had killed four people in the most action-hero way. I've been chasing that dragon ever since :)

My favorite moment is in Halo Reach MM. I forget what map it was that I was playing but I could describe it to you. It had two falcons, two tanks a warthog, mongoose and possibly a ghost. Now to the point, I immediately at the start of the match ducked into our base grabbed the scorpion and drove right in front of our base. I was in that scorpion the entire game blowing up every thing that I saw. I got a killonaire blowing up a falcon, warthog and their other vehicles. At the end of the match I had about 3/4 our teams kills and 0 deaths. I was so happy that I utterly failed the next three games racking up a total of 15 kills and 25 deaths. I've had other fun moments too but sadly the ones I caught on tape aren't able to be compressed onto the site... :( Either way that one was probably the one where I felt the most pro! The others I mentioned were just the funny little quirks we experienced in Reachs firefight. Good times, good times...

My first xbox game I ever owned was Halo: Reach and I remember playing the campaign/multiplayer and it was so very fun. After a while I got super bored and I was getting tired of the game. Eventually, I figured out the wonders of Forge and custom game lobbies. This was my favorite memory because this is when I realized how dependent Halo games are on forge/custom games to keep people active in the community; this is also how I got interested in making youtube videos :D.

In halo reach i started making forge maps (alot) then some months later THFE hosted a contest i tried my best on a map and entered it. Then the results came in and i got the 2nd place! Out of over a 100 maps this little forge noob's map got second! From that moment i never stopped forging. And now even though halo 4 is dying, I am not gonna stop.

My fondest memory when it comes to halo and gaming in general was in halo 2. The first video game i had ever played. I was visiting family in California and i ended up staying with my uncle whom has always had an interest in games. Playing halo 2 was probably the most fun i have had in any game. don't get me wrong i as absolutely horrible and did not know the first thing about how to play. I'm pretty sure i aggravated a few people in a friendly warthog that i attempted to drive but rather than them yelling and cussing me out they helped. the atmosphere in halo games has always intrigued me just due to the fact that its a calm and relatively welcoming one. i have had some amazing games, like in halo 3 on the pit. my team was getting smoked in a king of the hill match. i hopped into game chat and with good communication we led a more than rough start to a admirable victory.

I enjoy games that when your in a team shows cooperation it benefits you greatly and usually enables you to win. lots of games try and make that kind of situation but players tend to want to go lone wolf even when the game/game mode calls for teamwork. all of the halo games definitely shows these characteristics but the community recognizes it. most of the matches i have played especially in h2, h3, and h4. i have met many really good people who play these games and it ceases to blow my mind.

Anyways, another very memorable moment or rather set of moments were when i just got the urge to go for the vidmaster challenges in h3/odst and it was crazy. I've never experienced such a compilation of horribly (in a good way) difficult challenges. i remember researching the most effective ways to accomplish them, building a tunnel of forge pieces to get the mythic skull on sandbox for brain pan and how to set up for endure. i spent an entire day trying to get endure and something always came up in which we would die on the last wave.... total bummer. then getting sergeant Johnson spartan laser to do annual. Halo continues to blow my mind between the forge community making straight up AMAZING maps like jenga in h3 and omega slip n slide in reach and the crazy kills like overkills with collateral and the use of button glitches. just an amazing experience guys, thanks.

I just wanted to throw in a few short memories... :laugh:

Most Proud
In the Halo Reach beta, on Boneyard, things were heating up in the final games. I was a Spartan, and snagged the Scorpion in the garage, and manage a cheap (with hindsight) rampage of 22 kills. The game ended, and I saved the film (at the time, thinking it was the best thing ever!). Now, keep in mind, this was the first time I'd experience the local file sharing. File Shares had improved greatly since Halo 3, and I navigated my way to one of the menus immediately after uploading. At the top of a huge list of videos, I saw mine! It was at the top of the list! I was so excited to be on top that I messaged my friends and asked them if they saw it too. Many were impressed - we weren't sure if it was chosen by someone at bungie, if it had gone viral, we didn't know, our minds were going all sorts of places.

My ego deflated like the Hindenburg when I saw the title "Most Recent Videos"

Most Magical
The Halo: Reach beta. It was my first time in an Early Access game, and getting to explore the new gameplay in just three different maps made it all the more potent. The first time using the DMR, first time having weapon bloom, first time with Armor Abilities, and that magical introduction to Invasion.

Most Inspiring
>be 15-year old me
>you don't know what a meme is
>you go onto the google
>search "halo 3 forge amps"
>swear
>change amps to maps
>forgehub show up
>click it
>load up top maps
>notice all the interlocks
>puke inspiringly over laptop

Most Camaraderie
The Vidmaster achievements. Anyone who's done them will know what I mean. I've done all of them, and each one forged a stronger bond between me and my friends. Namely Annual, Endure and Deja Vu, where you needed three teammates to complete the challenge.
rUsKesf.jpg

Overall
My life here on the internet as a part of this community. I joined ForgeHub in 2010 as a regular old map slinger, and somehow, all these years later, I've found myself in this position as an Admin of HaloCustoms. It has been an experience beyond explanation, seeing so much being built around me. I've seen and experienced so many people (and egos!) - Legendary Map Makers, community members, Admins, Journalists, Moderators as well as insanely talented players. I've had my fair share of full days and late nights spent on the computer, tapping away in intense debate over the tiny details of how the team and I are going to revolutionize the Review Hub (back in late 2010, early 2011, where the Review Hub was all I did in the community). I've made enemies as well - people who have taught me so much about the kinds of people in the world. Egos on the net can be overwhelming large, and the world built around them, justified or not, is an experience no doubt akin to the makeup of the real world around us.

My most memorable moment and best moment on halo is when I first got live ever and play my first Game and Halo online. Which was Halo 3, playing BTB on vanilla. My first match ever, I went 5 - 14. I loved Halo from the point forward on, and have never stopped loving it.

Reactions: anexpiredlemon
Status
Not open for further replies.